[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how long will a little over half a tank of 80% 91 octane and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 236x328) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 236x328
how long will a little over half a tank of 80% 91 octane and 20% e85 last for before it severly degrades
>>
File: IMG_20160627_051016.jpg (78 KB, 526x528) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160627_051016.jpg
78 KB, 526x528
>e85

A month, tops.
>>
>>15401356
because its been like 3 or 4 months

should i just top off my tank with 91 and add stabil?
>>
>>15401355
oh legolas-kun. how i long for thee
>>
also will stabil affect my cars tune?
>>
>>15401355
Bruh, it takes a long time to degrade. Dump a little octane booster in it, and fill it up with new gas once you get to 1/2 tank. I had a car sit for over a year and had no issues with the fuel.
>>
2 months before the octane rating starts dropping, 6 months before it's on the verge of being non-salvageable.

Corn juice also attracts water, but with mainly normal fuel it shouldn't be too bad.
>>
>>15401355
>ethanol
like 10 days lmao enjoy your corn cuckwater
>>
>>15401993
im looking to have this thing sit for around 5 or 6 years
>>
>>15402167
the only time I've seen this work was a bit weird

>morris minor from the 1960s that had been sitting in a paddock for at least a decade
>deep in mud so just drag it onto a trailer
>get it home and do some fluid checks
>top up oil and water leave the petrol as is

started on the second turn
ran on only three cylinders
pulled the car forward despite a seized hand brake

lead petrol lasts a while but is illegal(mostly)
modern gas can be ok if additives are used but it may mess with the engine latter on
leaving no gas in the tank might work but most people I know are suspicious of that approach

one thing I have seen with old cars is that the tank rusts up to where it is full and is otherwise fine
the water in the fuel can separate over time and so does the bits of metal and whatever is suspended in the mix

have you talked to a car museum or preservation society ?
some of them are very good at long term storage while also keeping the cars in a fixable sate
>>
>>15402167
tbhfam just drain it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.