[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
z24
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cavalier.jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cavalier.jpg
30 KB, 640x360
I just saw an ad for a used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier z24 for under $2000. Is this a good pick? I'm new to this car business.
>>
>>15397339
>is it a good pick
No, it doesn't even have EcoBoost.
>>
OP I got a 2003 Cavalier LS Sport Coupe for $1500. It's aesthetically okay (scratches and minor rust in typical Cavalier spots) but the internals are all top shape. It's a nifty econobox for sure. Handles well too.
>>
>>15397339
1: 2002 was the last year for the Z24 trim level of the Cavalier. That Z24 badge was bought and stuck on. Not a huge deal but figured I'd point it out.
2: That is what replaced the Z24 in the Cavalier line, the LS Sport.

and yea. It's a great car. The Ecotec Cavaliers are the best J-body cars out there. reliable, great aftermarket, decent fun to drive, piss easy engine to work on, etc, etc
>>
>>15397361
*also I can describe details for you if you want to know what you're getting.
>>
Cavaliers have the shittiest interior known to man. On the other hand, they run (poorly) forever.

They're not the worst car ever. You can probably do better. If you just want to go from A to B they're decent.
>>
File: 1383904210666.jpg (115 KB, 1023x680) Image search: [Google]
1383904210666.jpg
115 KB, 1023x680
>>15397388
The J-body chassis also has a sizeable aftermarket, and the Ecotec engine has amazing potential.
>>
i had a 97 cavalier bought used, it was slow but good on gas, easy to work on, easy to get parts, had to junk it because the chassis was practically totally rusted, but it had a good run glad I could give it a good home and take care of it as best as I could for the end of its life
>>
>>15397397
Does GM just undertune everything?
>>
>>15397370
Not in Canada. It's just an LS. They badged them z24 until 05 in Canada.
>>
>>15397416
pretty much. I recall a magazine article where GM said the crank HP of the Saturn Ion Redline was 205 HP, but the magazine stuck it on a dyno where it made 197 HP at the front wheels... which means closer to 220-230 HP at the crankshaft.
>>
File: IMG_0609.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0609.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>15397444
>feels good mang
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.