[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you actually legit race/track?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: FB_IMG_1464635994742.jpg (46 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1464635994742.jpg
46 KB, 1080x720
So how many? I'm talking Autocross, HPDE, RallyX, wheel to wheel, fuck even carts. How many of you experts have ever actually tur ed a wheel in timed competition or a the track more than once? Pic related, Me winning D Prepared SCCA in my local region, been out 4x this year, finances limit me because brokefag but... racecar. Absolutely love it.
>>
>>15396790
Ya I went out conefagging in the dirt with my 100whp subaru a year ago. Not much motorsport stuff near to me.

I placed 6th out of 40 with most cars ahead of me having double the power.
>>
>>15396790
Just no.
>>
I do chase racing, across town sprints, valley road canyon runs, and back road drag racing. There is no race track within 150km of me. I do what I can for racing around here,
>>
>>15396790
My Miata does all of these things, very well too faggot
>>
Maybe you should have bought a proper sports car instead of financing an overpriced econobox, then you would have the money to attend actual racing events instead of playing pretend racekars in a high school parking lot with the rest of the cone dodgers
>>
i can't afford a second car, a truck to tow it/bribes for the insurance scumbags, $5000 in safety gear, and a bullshit license on top of constant clutch/tire replacements and various track-related repairs

people around me ask why people still street race when there are tracks 30 minutes out
>>
>>15397757
is this bait?
I feel like this is bait.
>>
>>15397786
>He can actually race wheel to wheel if he brings his car, a helmet, and nothing else
>His insurance company never scopes out motorsport events

Aren't you lucky?
>>
Can I beat a 5th generation Mustang 5.0 in any kind of race in an old civic
>>
I autocross occasionally. It's really not too bad on my car, didn't notice any significant/ abnormal wear on stock brakes, and upgraded performance tires (not legit sticky ones tho). Pretty much anything can run as long as it passes tech.
the first time was intense and I was hooked on it. I immediately came home and looked up suspension and handling mods. Then i looked up track days and decided I'm ok with just autocross for a while

track
>$300 just to get in on certain scheduled days
>not to mention all the other fees/insurance/wear/things you have to buy just to get on the track
no doubt it would be a fun amazing experience, but that's going to have to wait.

autox
>$30-50
>lots of fun and do ride alongs, only had to bring dot/snell helmet and pass tech

My local autox is nice though because most of the time we get a semi legit track/driver training area with a good path. Only 1-3 times a year is it just some parking lot.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.