[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /o/ thinking of checking out this Impreza over the weeke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 00V0V_50DAx6RdD8_600x450.jpg (26 KB, 600x339) Image search: [Google]
00V0V_50DAx6RdD8_600x450.jpg
26 KB, 600x339
Sup /o/ thinking of checking out this Impreza over the weekend, it seems like a nice project for daily drive. What should i look out for with this car? I plan on checking the car out on weekend then bringing to local shop for a thorough inspection
>https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/5666384958.html
>>
Here is the email i sent with the reply
>>
>posting the guy's number

Poor form.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (159 KB, 1509x658) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
159 KB, 1509x658
>>15396558
what number?
>>
Usual things. Make sure to get proof of all the work done to the car. Cycle the sun roof a couple times and see if it gets hung up. Listen for suspension clunks, those struts are getting old. 200k+ on a Subaru motor is getting up there but still has the potential of getting to 300k.
>>
>>15396623
would you imagine very low compression at this mileage even if maintained?
>>
>>15396641

Possibly, hard to say, Subarus don't have the best reputation at this mileage. Compression checks are usually cheap/fast if you're taking it somewhere to get inspected anyway. The condition of the car and how the ad is written makes me question how responsible the owner was.
>>
>>15396537

What is your plan if you get one of these? Keep it stock or eventually do an engine swap? It can be potentially cheaper to buy a car already swapped. Another route is to buy a non-running 2.5RS or Impreza L for very cheap and use that ~3k you saved for a donor car.
>>
>>15396691
i figure if i get it cheap enough i wouldn't mind getting it rebuilt with 4-5k extra i'll have. Was considering a 02-05 WRX/STI so i got some play money for this just wondering if it's the right example to sink alot of money into
>>15396717
plans would be to restore it stock pretty much little by little, maybe a few engine upgrades but would stay NA for daily drive
>>
>>15396730

I have seen better examples in Washington State for less money. That said, I'm not sure what the market is usually like where you're at. It is probably worth checking out at the very least. See how you feel when you see it and decide if it is worth taking it to get inspected from there.

There's cars like this out there that you can probably get for $8.5-9k if you're willing to travel: http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/cto/5670793397.html
>>
>>15396775
a fine example there, but problem seems to be finding a clean stock one with low miles, especially being in california, home of the fuccbois
>>
>>15396537
It's a trap
>>
Lul headgaskets
>>
>>15396537
Prepare to spend fuckton of money to rebuild that engine
>>
File: Optimized-20151102_082004.jpg (620 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Optimized-20151102_082004.jpg
620 KB, 1200x675
Got a 2000 2.5RS that I'm putting an ej207 v8 in it shortly. These are great cars to swap.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.