[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About to trade my only reliable car for a rotory, how fucked am i?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 20160706_174829.png (198 KB, 1439x565) Image search: [Google]
20160706_174829.png
198 KB, 1439x565
Bought my girlfriends Supra from this kid a year ago, and still had him on Facebook from when we were negotiating.
I guess he saw one or my posts about wanting to get rid of my Maxima & now wants to trade his gutted & stripped RX7 for it.
Only thing is, my other 2 cars are shitbox money pits that can't really be used for commuting, & the RX7 is still road legal with comfy stock suspension.
Meanwhile my other cars
> SR swap 240sx
Turbo back exhuast with gearing too agressive for long distance driving (4k rpms at 80mph,) stiff as fuck track suspension, parts sometimes fall off because I attached a bunch of new things to an old thing.
>turbo LSx 2nd gen Camaro
Reliability of a 6.0 LS engine, with the unpredictablty of a chinese 76mm turbo pushing it to 600whp. All while the engine sits on a stand in a shop & the car sits at my dads house while I look for a new trans.

So if I took the Maxima out of the picture, I'd probably be dailying a 25 year old rotory RX7 while trying to finish my other 2 cars.
If the Maxima wasn't so boring I'd probably just say no, but it's just not a fun car at all. At what point am I suppose to settle down & just drive a normal car?
>>
blog post o the day
>>
Why the fuck wouldn't you just sell the 240 and buy an RX7?
>>
>complaining about 4,000 revs @ 80 mph

I don't want to turn this into a dickwaving contest, but that really is nothing, anon
>>
>>15396018
I've had the 240 since I was 17.
Plus I like the SChassis platform.
>>15396045
It's more or less to go with the turbo back & how annoying the loud droning sound is on long drives.
>>
>>15395998
I used to be you many moons ago, before a wife and 4 kids. I drove a 2wd, automagic, standard cab long bed 88 Toyota pickup. You gotta have at least 1 car that is deadly reliable in any fleet. An old ass rotary powered anything is not that. You never know when you gotta drive 6 hours to visit a dying relative or when you get that 2am booty call. "My car is broke" is no excuse in these situations.
>>
>>15395998
jesus christ how about you stop fucking around and finish your camaro and stop with this poorfag habit of buying shitty junk to hoard
>>
>>15396045
>tfw 80s honda
That's how it comes from the factory
>>
>>15396107
I agree. Plus, the type of people that like Maximas probably didn't take good care of a rotary.
>>
>>15396107
this man gets it
what do you own?
>>
>>15396186
At the time I had the pickup, I had a 70 Challenger with a pretty built 440 in it. Probably 600 hp but never had it dynoed so don't quote me on that. Also had a couple of jap bikes, with a 900RR being my favorite.

Now I drive a 2015 Camry (at least its a V6) and the wife drives a Pilot. My weekend car is something I'm working on slowly - 68 RS/SS Camaro. I know it's a boomer mobile, but I've wanted one ever since I was on 10 and on a school field trip in Death Valley and saw one parked in front of a gas station. Paid $5k for it as a roller. I'm building a 383 with 4 speed muncie for it.
>>
Dont buy the rx7 op you'll end up with 3 money pits
>>
>>15396151
I got it for dirt cheap after an accident, wasn't totaled & still had a clean title, but the previous owner pocketed the insurance money & sold it to me. Thought 6 speed & near 300hp would be enough to be satisfied with a daily, but FWD, meh handling, and numb driving experience killed it.
>>
Why not try to get at least one car functioning instead?
>>
>>15396382
Not you, him. He actually WANTS a Maxima. He likes yours. He probably took shit care fo the rx7.
>>
>>15395998
I'm a huge rotaryfag myself and even I'm gonna say don't do it. You have two fun cars already, you need something at least decently reliable.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.