[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just got
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Pupper.jpg (164 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Pupper.jpg
164 KB, 1024x1024
Hello everyone,

I am a 24 year old southern california resident who just got their drivers permit. I am excited to learn to drive, but I don't know where to begin.

I need to find someone with a license to teach me, or I can just learn myself.

Are there any tips you can share for a new driver?

I am planning on heading out late tonight when the roads are less congested.
>>
File: freestyle 2006.jpg (556 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
freestyle 2006.jpg
556 KB, 1600x1200
also this is muh car, will I finally get a gf with this?
>>
Driving during the day and avoiding rush hour/lunch hour would probably be better than driving at night in the dark.
>>
File: sleep tight.png (310 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
sleep tight.png
310 KB, 500x667
>>15395098
>Are there any tips you can share for a new driver?
Drive safe, drive a Twingo.
>>
please always use your signals and dont drive slow in the left lane on the highway thanks.
>>
>>15395205
why is that? I am planning on driving during the day too, just start off at night so I can get used to the vehicle.

>>15395241
thanks

>>15395252
will do, I've never associated with anyone who doesnt use their signals
>>
>>15395098
>use your turn signals religiously
>pay attention (no texting, check your mirrors)
>plan your maneuvers in advance
>practice smoothly operating the controls (steering, brakes, gas)
But the most important
>expect everyone to want to run into you
>>
>south Cali

Easy, go in your car, destroy your turn signal switch, destroy your speedometer and ALWAYS drive the speed limit exactly in the leftmost lane.

This will save you the hassle when you go to the DMV.
>>
>>15395410

And yes, you're going to have to try to judge how fast you're going without a speedometer if you're following the speed limit. Luckily for you, you can do this easily by tailgating the guy in front of you by 5 feet whilst doing his speed. Easiest way.
>>
>>15395364
Rush hour means people are driving very aggressively trying to get to work or home as fast as possible. It's not the best time of day for a new driver. Same thing with lunchtime, people will be rushing around to get their errands done.
>>
b9mo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.