[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /o/ I just got my first car, a Saab 9-3, any advice on installing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: 2006-rear-IMG_4479.jpg (45 KB, 764x435) Image search: [Google]
2006-rear-IMG_4479.jpg
45 KB, 764x435
Sup /o/ I just got my first car, a Saab 9-3, any advice on installing a sound system? Budget $500-$800

What are some quality brands?

What are some cost effective ones?

Do I really need an amplifier?

Will subs weigh down my car too much?

Is it worth buying rear speakers, or just upgrading my door speaking instead?

My console just has a stock head unit, which isn't rectangular at all, leaving alot of empty room around the new head unit. Where can I get a new plastic head unit from for the console?

Should I try to install it myself, or pay an audio guy to install it for me?

I'm going insane, the radio sucks and I don't own a CD collection.
>>
>What are some quality brands?
>What are some cost effective ones?
Crutchfield.com

>Do I really need an amplifier?
>Will subs weigh down my car too much?
Upgrading your factory subs should be enough for what you're looking for. A giant box is both heavy and takes up a lot of cargo space.

>Is it worth buying rear speakers, or just upgrading my door speaking instead?
Just buy an entire kit that replaces all your oem stuff. Don't mix and match oem with aftermarket, it sounds weird

>My console just has a stock head unit, which isn't rectangular at all, leaving alot of empty room around the new head unit. Where can I get a new plastic head unit from for the console?
Crutchfield.com

>Should I try to install it myself, or pay an audio guy to install it for me?
I'd recommend having a reputable shop install it. But know/have what you want before you go there, otherwise, you might leave with something you don't want/need.

>I'm going insane, the radio sucks and I don't own a CD collection.
Go to walmart, buy a few CD-R's, and rip some songs, or just get an fm transmitter.
>>
>>15393218
Stop fucking shilling mate.
>>
>>15393152

are saabs reliable?
>>
>>15393152
what year saab 9-3? because if its 03-06 good luck "installing a sound system"

THEY DONT MAKE A KIT FOR THE CAR. ITS A FIBER OPTIC SOUND SYSTEM AND EVERYTHING YOU DO WILL HAVE TO BE CUSTOM.

FUCK THE GUY WHO SAID CRUTCHFIELD. WHAT A GIANT FUCKING FAGGOT.
>>
>>15393152

do you really not even have the AUX in in the center console?
>>
File: 118524-L-LO.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
118524-L-LO.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>>15393218
>Crutchfield.com
I've read around and those seem to have some problem working in Australia?

>>15393254
Finding replacement parts anymore isn't, but its a nice fucking car.

>>15393295
Do I really need some sort of kit? Can't I just buy the parts individually and install them like I would a computer?

>>15393300
nope :/
>>
>>15393152
I have a friend with an 04 9-3 linear. You can get a system without having to take out the factory head unit. His is run through the factory bass knob and everything. Just take it to somebody that knows.
>>
>>15393152
Save your money. The car won't be on the road in 6 months, 1 year tops. If you're in the US, the first thing that breaks on it will likely drive you mad, as parts are increasingly hard to find for the 9-3. Just saying.
>>
>>15396463
name 1 part for the 9-3 thats hard to find please
>>
>>15396507
All of the parts that our Parts Manager complains about whenever we get a 9-3 in. Mind you, she complains most of the time, so there's that.
>>
>>15396546
esaabparts.com literally has or can get any part for the 9-3 . Ive owned 5 9-3s and never had an issue
>>
Get a re-writable CD for $1 and put your music in. One CD holds about a decent 15 tracks over an hour of songs.
>>
>>15393152
just order the aux in kit.

https://www.esaabparts.com/saab/parts/32000102

and youll need to get it enabled with a tech 2. other than that leave the audio alone, although you can upgrade the speakers.
>>
File: ge-mp3-ablagefach.jpg (15 KB, 384x288) Image search: [Google]
ge-mp3-ablagefach.jpg
15 KB, 384x288
>>15396613
If pic related SAAB 9-3, buy an aux cable, it's about $2 or something, plugin your phone, done.
>>
>>15397525
yes but not all 9-3s came with the aux connection already set up. Especially the 03 and 04 models.
>>
File: kw-r600.jpg (72 KB, 800x372) Image search: [Google]
kw-r600.jpg
72 KB, 800x372
>>15397532
Hmm, didn't know that, I know the 05 have it since I've driven my brothers Aero SS.

Mine didn't have it so I bought a different stereo, and installed hands-free that came with it while doing that.
Image makes it look more gaudy than it is in my car though.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.