[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>2016 >not driving a state of the art engineered CVT (continuous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 2016 avalon.jpg (58 KB, 815x544) Image search: [Google]
2016 avalon.jpg
58 KB, 815x544
>2016
>not driving a state of the art engineered CVT (continuous variable torque)

I guess you need to get out of the basement before getting out of base model Mustang and 3 series kek
>>
my torque varies upon which gear I have it in and how much I push down on the accelerator
>>
>>15391806

>ecoboost
>CVT

literally the recipe to grenade your car
>>
That car looks hideous af. cvt a shit also fuck honda for making that a standard auto
>>
>>15391790
Why the fuck would you buy an Avalon and not choose the based 2GR engine? Fuck that hybrid/CVT bullshit. Anyone who's ever actually driven a CVT and walked away thinking they liked it is a full on retard.
>>
>>15391790
CVT doesn't stand for constant variable torque.

Yep, I took the b8
>>
>>15392463
It would have been amazing if it was lets say continous variable tits
>>
>>15391804
/thread

Also, from a mechanics point of view, they suck ass.
>>
>>15392381
CVTs are the perfect example of something heads and shoulders better on paper but that doesn't translate in real life

it just feels weird to drive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3UpBKXMRto
>>
>>15391790
>CVT
>State of the art
Confirmed for stupid. CVT's were already patented by the late 1800's. They were popularised (barely) by DAF in the late '50s.

Also, they have massive drivetrain losses, treir electronic control still isn't optimised for street use (or track use for that matter), they're a PITA to work on, and they've got iffy reliability when you put an actual engine in front of them instead of a 30 hp DAF two cilinder.
>>
>>15393384
Even if it's wierd to drive - if it had actual performance or efficiency merits, it'd be accepted more easily. however, it doesn't.
>>
>>15393384

They're only superior for bread and butter A to B commuting. Literally for the drivers who are driving because there isn't a more convenient method of transportation (because they will choose the public option if it's safe/convenient/accessible enough).

For daily town driving and grocery getting, the CVT will be praised for its seamless power delivery. Around town, the shifting of my MB E350 with 7spd auto feels harsh compared to the CVT in my Subaru.

I'll take a conventional auto box any time over CVT, however for the people who treat cars like an appliance CVTs have the appeal of a Keurig when we all know we can enjoy a superior cup of coffee by manually fiddling with a french press.
>>
File: disgusted_no.26592842948.jpg (21 KB, 373x181) Image search: [Google]
disgusted_no.26592842948.jpg
21 KB, 373x181
it's a great decade for reaction image collectors
>>
File: huehuehuehue.jpg (39 KB, 429x186) Image search: [Google]
huehuehuehue.jpg
39 KB, 429x186
>>15393802
it's a great decade because we made it so with autismo and mspaint
>>
File: hah.jpg (134 KB, 662x403) Image search: [Google]
hah.jpg
134 KB, 662x403
>>15393832
is it inverse autism then? usually gran autismos have problems differencing face expressions or even recognizing them
>>
>>15391790

>he thinks CVT stands for "continuous variable torque"

Please be bait
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.