[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/ 5644451369.html Hey /o/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 2002_VW_Jetta.png (1000 KB, 993x608) Image search: [Google]
2002_VW_Jetta.png
1000 KB, 993x608
https://vermont.craigslist.org/cto/5644451369.html

Hey /o/, I am pondering whether I should purchase this car or not. In my reading of reviews, opinions of this car were mixed. The overriding theme of reviews was the unreliable transmission on the automatic model, while the Jetta in this ad is a manual. The reviews for manuals on Edmunds averaged about 4-stars, while reviews for the automatic model of the car tended to fall in the 2 to 3-star range.

Thinking about offering $1200 if everything checks out, would that be a worthwhile investment?
>>
C R A Y O N S
R
A
Y
O
N
S
>>
No one from vermont comes to /o/

Whaere are u?
>>
>>15389646
Brattleboro (kill me, at least I am moving soon).

Also, I have encountered three other Vermontfags here the past two weeks. Odd.
>>
File: image.jpg (212 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212 KB, 1024x768
>>15389503
I will tell you first hand experience with the Jetta I bought for my sister.

>2003 Jetta 2.0
>125K
>AUTOMAGIC

The car has been a solid 4.0 out of 10.0

>The transmission is slipping, despite not being abused.

Irrelevant to you but worth mentioning.

>All of the motor mounts got rekt so we had them replaced

Normal age so its not really complaining

>the radiator fan stays on for 10 mins after turning off the engine.

This has been a bitch to fix despite changing the relays and modules.

>Injectors 2-4 failure

Again its just age.

>door panels cloth trim sagging
>headliner sagging
>shifter button fell off
>glovebox latch decided to stop latching
>constant crank pulley noise that drove me close to suicide.

My first car was a $900 mk3 Jetta, everything was pretty much broken in it, so I really thought the mk4 would be a good buy.

I regret it because of the problems quality wise that has given my sister despite being a 1 owner car.

Again, I think it's just bad luck and I got a bad car out of the dozen good ones.

If its a sweet deal for you go for it, the price is not bad and at that mileage I assume most of the issues I addressed in a lesser mileage car got fixed already.

That's just my experience, yours might be completely different.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>15389814
I appreciate you taking the time to post your experience with a Jetta, neighbor-state anon.

Almost all reviews I read mention the internal materials are very flimsy.

It seems to be a risky investment, but considering it is a manual, I think I will take a chance on the car if the seller is willing to take $1100-$1200.
>>
>>15389891
Not reading the ad because I'm lazy but I own a mk4 Jetta Turbo with all the options. It's an excellent car all around. The only issue I have with it is it handles like a fucking Lincoln Towncar and it doesn't start accelerating until about 10 minutes after you put your foot down, but that's specific to the 1.8T. I've owned a 2.slow golf and it was excellent on gas and fun to drive despite being way slower.
>>
OIL SLUDGE
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>15389891
It sounds like a good deal anon, go for it.

Getting a high mileage car can be a good thing.

Id rather have a properly maintained high mileage car than a poorly maintained lower mileage car.

Pic related

When I had to jump start the Jetta because the radiator fan drained the battery, oh and had to replace the radiator fan later.

But I truly believe it was just bad luck. I see a ton of them go over the 200K mark.
>>
considering one too, 01 with 200k but a new tranny at 100k, standard, magnaflow exhaust, mint interior, 1000 bucks, should i /o/?
>>
>>15389503

I have one with about 107k miles (got it at around 80k miles) in auto and although the engine is still fine, the electricals are fucked and controlling the front windows from the drivers seat never works the way I want to. Clear coat also failing in parts.

Great commuter but other cars in the same weight class can get better mileage with better horsepower.

Car shot out bluish smoke when I tried to go past 80mph once. Never tried it again out of fear.
>>15389510
He means the interior will always smell like crayons due to the type of adhesive used in the engine. I don't smell it anymore and I never minded it.
>>
>>15389503
No vw trannys are expensive so are all the other parts plus they are unreliable
Just get a cheap jap car
>>
I'm mostly all about Hondas, but I got a manual, 2.0 gas non turbo and it's been a pretty solid car for me over last 4 years, had a caliper seize up about a year after buying which ate up some brake pads. And I just replaced an engine mount that was kinda worn and sloppy. But that's it..

Also, I would like to add zero tickets for speeding etc cause car is slow and I don't even try to pretend it's fast but overall, very comfy, been very reliable for me, nice and warm in the winter up here in Canada. And I can fit a few buddies and all our snowboard gear in it to go on trips
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.