[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i normally use 91 /o/ctane but the gas station was out? it wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_0983.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0983.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
i normally use 91 /o/ctane but the gas station was out? it wouldn't let me select premium. so i got 87 and i feel like i'm feeding my car piss
>>
modern ish car? non turbo? not tuned? who cares your car's computer will probably deal with it and make adjustments

even if it's a turbo and stock tune you might get a bit of knock, but it wouldn't be as bad if weather is hot, cold might knock harder. sensors and ecu shit magic tho
>>
>>15389245
>2016
>still using 91 octane
It's like 25 years old bruh
>>
>>15389245
You should only have given yourself just enough to get you to the next gas station, not a full tank you fucking retard.
>>
>>15389245
What kinda car is it? If its not performance you are just pissing your money away with 91 octane and likely sludging up your internals with unburnt fuel. It is a meme that higher octane is better fuel. The octane rating refers to the amount of combustion retarding chemicals are in the gas. High compression ratio cars need this so they wont knock or diesel.
>>
File: me_boosta.png (76 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
me_boosta.png
76 KB, 375x360
>>15389282
this, vehicles sold in the U.S. have to be able to run on 87 even if they specify 91 octane.
>your ECU will adapt
>>
>>15389292
This.
93 octane is where its at you pleb.
>>
>>15389888
Check'd
Also, 98 Octane is the way to go. Otherwise you might as well just pour sugar in your tank
>>
>>15390038
>not using 110 leaded
>>
File: later homo.jpg (76 KB, 464x447) Image search: [Google]
later homo.jpg
76 KB, 464x447
>>15390038
Oh look someone who doesn't live in america using their alternate octane ratings to try to troll..
>>
>not filling your car full of 120v 60hz
>>
>>15390093
Just being honest mate.
If you're using less than 95 you must have a low compression or NA grandma mobile
>>
i see you have an early mini cooper

which i think means its N/A.

you should be fine
>>
>>15390184
I use 91 in my 308 Holden, because the compression ratio is like 8.5:1
>>
There is literally no reason to use high octane gas unless your car specifically requires it.
>>
>>15390184
Or you live in the US where the ratings are different, usually ranging from 87 to 93
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.