[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHEEL TECHNOLOGY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: OxnuD6.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
OxnuD6.gif
1 MB, 320x180
https://youtu.be/3WFqadC6BY4
WTF /o/?!!
THIS IS SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT
>>
File: IMG_20160625_093010_01.jpg (79 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160625_093010_01.jpg
79 KB, 640x960
>>15385155
Yeah it's absolutely retarded and been done many times in various forms.
There a reason that all the engineers in the automotive world and all the money hasn't come to this conclusion. It's shit, expensive, and entirety impractical.
>>
>>15385155
Also second thread in two days? Is this guy shilling?
>>
Wow that looks so useless for everything except parallel parking.
>>
>>15385155
>>15385457

Stop posting surreal shit, I want to sleep tonight
>>
DAT FITMENT THO
>>
I think it could be used in a car factories as a temporary wheels, where there are small amount of space. In normal conditions it's useless, because of safety. Also self parking cars are avaible not from today.
>>
File: no space at all.jpg (594 KB, 2128x1416) Image search: [Google]
no space at all.jpg
594 KB, 2128x1416
>>15387513
>I think it could be used in a car factories as a temporary wheels, where there are small amount of space
The only time a car in a factory moves under its own power is when it gets off the line and someone drives it to get loaded onto a truck or into a parking lot.
>>
File: 1275191182789.jpg (158 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1275191182789.jpg
158 KB, 768x1024
>>15387298
>>
>>15388164

Not true.
Right at the end of the line the trucks get driven to a place where their alignment is set.
Where their roll test, that gets up to 75mph dyno'd, happens.
Along with the repair area that's between the line and where they get put on the customer acceptance line.
Which is after the two places I specifically said.

I've gotten trucks with 36 miles on them before they got put on the customer acceptance line (CAL). Those trucks get roughly driven up to 23 miles, normally some exceed that because assholes make them taxi trucks, and then get taken to the CAL line.

From there they're driven out to the yard to be parked.

Along with, we had a bunch of 6.2L trucks that were blowing water pumps. So to fix this they started a campaign to try one out of so many trucks driving them as hard as we could up and down the road.
I got through 10 trucks, some guys got through 7, some only took 1, before the water pump busted.
This was on the cheaper prototype model that didn't sell though.

Oh and let's not even discuss that one time our trucks picked up frames for other trucks because the train and the semis were too slow to keep up with our production.
>>
>>15388260

More on this, I just professionally park trucks.
I can park some trucks within literal millimeters of each other because I've been doing it for 12 years.
The clear tone sound of the SUV's sensors is very helpful too.

I'll have all of you know though, there is no difficulty in parking a 201 inch wheelbase truck after you've been doing it for a week and getting paid for it.
We've got asian women who park like fucking pros as soon as they realize they're getting paid to do it.

But everyone hits something at least once, that's the indoctrination.
We don't need the parallel parking help, the system we have in place is streamlined to just roll em in with minimal effort. Guys at our work can drop a transmission in mere moments. When roush came to help us out when we had a lot of repairs, they were dropping transmissions in a jiffy.
>>
>>15388164
I had in mind something like this, not the assembly line.
>>
File: 28cars2.jpg (97 KB, 580x374) Image search: [Google]
28cars2.jpg
97 KB, 580x374
>>
If it's raining, you can't actually use the car
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.