[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best cars for biodiesel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 00k0k_hTLKYTNSu1g_600x450.jpg (44 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
00k0k_hTLKYTNSu1g_600x450.jpg
44 KB, 600x450
I'm planning to buy a car at/under $5k and run it on biodiesel, and I'm looking at pic related after another anon recommended it & I did some research of my own (link: https://lafayette.craigslist.org/cto/5665308619.html) Why shouldn't I get it? What in your opinion is the best diesel car available?
>>
>>15382400
Why do you want to run biodiesel?
>>
>>15382407
sharing breakfast with my car is comfy
>>
>>15382407
>Not wanting to fuel your car with cum
>>
>>15382431
I tried but only got 1 mile with my load.

How can I increase the load? What do I have to eat?
>>
>>15382419
Any 80s diesel benz is perfectly fine. W123 is good, w126 for max comfy
>>
>>15382435
Celery maybe? I forget
>>
File: 1412708677417.jpg (16 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
1412708677417.jpg
16 KB, 336x300
Hey, listen.

Even if you get a car that COULD run biodiesel, you will absolutely fuck up everything made of rubber and plastic that gets touched by the biodiesel.

If you want it to be durable and doesn't break down after 2 years, change some particular pipes to some that don't get eaten up by the biodiesel.
>>
>>15382407
Cheaper to make primarily, also cleaner for
>muh environment
>>
>>15382456
Thanks senpai, what should I replace? Fuel lines are obvious but is there anything else I should replace? What materials won't get affected by biodiesel?
>>
>>15382512
by choosing to drive a decades old car that only uses like 2/3 more fuel instead of buying a brand newly produced car, you're already doing earth a great favor.
>>
Look for a 1987 car, it has the om603 which is a better engine. About 25% more power and mpg's.. Some people say the cylinder heads crack if over heated but that can be said about any car, just make sure it doesn't over heat.

Another good one would be a 90-93 300d, it has the om602 which again is better than the om617 in the pre 87 cars.

The one in your link is vastly overpriced.
>>
>>15382522
There are lots of forums about diesel Mercedes and biodiesel.
Don't have the time at the moment to look it up but I'd suggest you get one, join a Mercedes fan club (or forum) and learn as much as you can and THEN begin to use biodiesel. I wouldn't recommend using it before you learned everything about the matter.
>>
>>15382527
I will say the white interior is awesome as fuck though, don't think you could get a 87 in white interior.

https://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/5665674590.html

Check out this one, that's the price they normally go for.
>>
>>15382525
True, but bio's still significantly cheaper.
>>
>>15382539
True and I understand your way of thinking.
If I could, I'd also drive with vegetable oil. The thought of driving a normal car on that kind of stuff kind of appeals to me and also would be a fun factor for me, as silly as it might sound.

I think I can blame the back to the future scene in which he poured some trash into the car and made it run on that back when I was a little shit.
>>
The Peugeot 504 and 505 is another good choice. They have a great ride with soft spings and long suspension travel, and great seats. And a diesel engine that rivals Mercedes in terms of reliability. The 504 sedan is kind of ugly at the back but the Break version is rather nice. The 505 Diesel comes with a turbo.

>>15382456
Thats only partly true. It does not apply to Mercedes made after the 70's, and does not apply to unconverted vegetable oil. Only Biodiesel.
All Mercedes engine and pump seals on W123 and later are made from Viton which will not rot when in contact with biodiesel.

>>15382527
>Another good one would be a 90-93 300d, it has the om602 which again is better than the om617 in the pre 87 cars.

The OM602 feels much more refined, revs much higher and does not have a redline. It has no natural cruising speed and can run at high rpm all day. Also OM602 usually comes with 5 speed instead of 4.
Reliability wise, the OM617 and OM602 are in the same league.
>>
>>15382672

>peugeot 505 break

>>>/wsg/1126742
>>
>>15382522
If you have to ask these questions than you're not capable and you should pay a professional or fuck off.
>>
>>15382880
Fuck you i just was asking
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.