[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I'm basically going to be driving a fart powered bicycle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: looktwice.jpg (120 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
looktwice.jpg
120 KB, 400x267
>I'm basically going to be driving a fart powered bicycle surrounded by 4,000lb chunks of steel going 80mph with nothing protecting me but an inch of plastic around my head and some leather but it's totally YOUR responsibility to make sure I'm safe.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 298x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 298x300
Literally special needs motorists.
>>
>>15382219
Litterally no motorcycle rider thinks this way.
We all (should) ride with maximum defense.
>>
>>15382219
>I'm driving a 3000lb vehicle safely I and expect the other people driving similar weighted vehicles to do the same

>Op thinks he's special and can do whatever the fuck he wants.
>>
it would be completely fine if those motorcyclists would drive like decent people -- everything would be completely fine.
but all they do is crash into other people, lane change however and whenever they seem to like it,
and somehow,
I, in my two-tone vehicle, driving accordingly, keeping to all the traffic regulations,
while some asshat on his two-wheeler and an inch of plastic protection decides to just do whatever he wants at speeds way too high,
and I have to be responsible when his irresponsibility ends his legs under my wheels.

fucking stupid, that's what I can say.
>>
>>15382219
that's pretty much oversimplifying it.

they're vehicles in their own right and they deserve room to be made for them and yielding to their right of way is as valid as doing it for another car driver

facetious cunt
>>
>>15382219
motorcyclists are the worst kind o cyclists.
>>
File: 1359221809296.jpg (81 KB, 398x326) Image search: [Google]
1359221809296.jpg
81 KB, 398x326
America is the only country where there's a significant hate towards bicycles and motorcycles.

>Wagecuck commuting roadrage
>>
>>15382335
nah. it's pretty much everywhere.
it's like the next level BMW drivers.
>>
>>15382348
Name 3 other countries besides the US who so actively rages against 2-wheeled vehicles.
>>
If you crash into anything that you had the capability of avoiding, it is your fault.
>>
>>15382355
italy, spain, portugal, france, poland, lithuania, estia, czech republic, slovakia, hungary, sweeden, norway, uk, ireland.
no one drives bikes in russia - with that driving they are already mostly dead. same in ukraine and belarus.

there's no motorcyclist hate in austria and germany, because you'd already be in jail if you drove like people do in USA.
>>
>>15382355

England
Russia
Germany
>>
>>15382305
this. but to be fair there's plenty of 4 wheel douchebags around

>driving in LA
>some dude on a chopper doing 80
>lanesplitting between carpool lane and normal traffic, which is moving faster
>car overtaking him on the right in normal traffic while he is in carpool lane
>still tries to lanesplice instead of getting behind slower traffic in carpool lane and waiting for opening
>gets mad, tries to punch car passing him
>they slow down and block him
>downshifts and cuts across two lanes of traffic then back into carpool lane without signaling to get in front
>tears ass away at 90
>>
>>15383823
ofc there are. all motorcyclists are assholes, but since there are more car drivers, there's obviously much more of those being assholes too.

at least if you crash with someone you don't necessarily end up killing someone or crippling for life.
somehow this just escapes their common sense on the road.
>>
>>15383823

motorcyclists are the worst.

they are entitled faggots, that think they are always in the right.
>>
>>15382386
>If you crash into anything that you had the capability of avoiding, it is your fault.

No it isn't. If there is no one else around, I put on the hoodie jacket I keep folded in the rear seat, thin driving gloves, and the lightly tinted sunglasses from the dollar store. I go check on the fallen cyclist and take out his datacam chip. I'm not paying any more taxes or insurance fees for someone else's choice of vehicle. They made their choice and putting their problems on my back is liberal nonsense.

Then time to leave. Into the sunset like a hero.
>>
>>15382219
I see where you're coming from. I ride a cruiser so I don't get to go stupid fast like the sport bikes (but believe me, if I had one, I would go stupid fast on the highway when there aren't other cars around). I do act a bit stupid on my bike here and there, I might weave between a couple of cars that are going slow a f. If I were to crash doing that, I would totally own up to me being an idiot. What rustles my jimmies though are people who are shitty drivers in general, changing lanes without looking, playing on their phones, etc. In those instances it doesn't matter what vehicle I'm on or in, I still hate them.

Not too long ago I was cruising along in town, thankfully a five lane road, two lanes each direction and a turn lane down the middle. I was be-bopping along at the speed limit of 40 in the inside lane. All of a sudden a car in the right lane slowed to turn right and the car behind him just swerved over without looking, His mirror went under my right elbow as I started to swerve away. He pushed me into the center turn lane as I threw my hand up and yelled 'WHAT THE FUCK?!'. Thankfully, I hadn't even realized there was a cop driving right behind me until the disco lights and siren came on. He pulled the guy over and ticketed him. I pulled over too and thanked the officer and he got my info in case they needed a witness.
>>
>>15382219
are you implying you hit people when you drive? perhaps you should take some lessons
>>
>>15382395
>Italy
Ever been here?
There still are madmen hooning through passes on str8pipes and racing slicks
>>
>>15382219
Wow you're sensitive. You are responsible for not being negligent that's really it. Its called being an adult and accepting responsibility of driving a massive chunk of steel with blind spots. You have some growing up to do.
>>
File: literal americuck.jpg (153 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
literal americuck.jpg
153 KB, 720x960
>I should be responsible of not crahing againts other people, no matter what vehicle they drive

pretty much
>>
>>15382227
And now the worst post you've ever made
>>
>>15382395
There's no hate in France.
Of course there's still some bitch who try to kill you because you're faster than them, but they'll also try if you drive a car.
>>
>>15382335
Not true at all. I hate those pack cycling Lycra wearing faggots. Always make sure to fly past as close and as fast as possible in my straight piped 4.0
>>
>>15386724
>>15384947
>>15382219
Watch out for that edge
>>
story time

>driving to work one day
>5 touring motorcyclists in a right turn only lane.
>pull up next to them at stop light.
>light goes green and all go straight instead of turn.
>start getting angry at me because I'm not letting them merge even though their "lane" doesn't exist
>end up splitting their group in half as three go in front of me and two behind
>the two guys behind my car go into full rev as they speed around the other side of my car against traffic to catch up to their group
>I honk at them as they pass noticing they have fucking go pros on their helmets
>the group looks back and flips me off as they tear off.

At least they were all wearing helmets though.
>>
>>15387690
See now i fuckin hate people like that, If i ride in a group and people do the ghetto merge, Ill split off. Unless the group of cars is going 25 under the speed limit
>>
>>15382306
this. They're not even asking for special treatment, just to not be run into like any other driver asks.
>>
Can count on one hand the number of motorcycle accidents I've read or heard even in a national scale that wasn't the dipshit weaving between the gap in cars. That YouTube autist even starts spouting how its a law that they can as he's less than 3 inches from touching them. Just because you can fit there and even if it's legal, doesn't mean it's not still a shitty idea.
>>
File: Turner.webm (518 KB, 626x360) Image search: [Google]
Turner.webm
518 KB, 626x360
>>15387951
The majority of motorcycle crashes involve another vehicle violating the riders' right of way by turning across/into their lane without checking for them. Your youtube anecdote doesn't concur with actual crash studies.
>>
>shitfaces on motorcyclists never ride over the speed limit
>>
>>15382335
You realize lycrafags are all wagecucks who don't have any better way to spend their vacations and take out their self hatred on other people doing the same shit they'll be back to next monday, right?

>haha enjoy being late for work
>now you know how it feels when i'm behind your wife's SUV
>haha
>>
ITT: butthurt cagers
>>
>>15389251
>motorcycle hooning doesn't affect cars that much
>might scratch the paint and get a bit of gore in the grill oh well
>they think people are getting "epicly trolled" by their super duper hardcore rebellion against traffic laws designed for cars
>unaware that everyone is afraid they're going to cause a pileup when they get lane-changed into by a lady in a crossover who will then swerve as if it's going to make it any better
>>
>>15389283
>getting butthurt he got cucked by a squid on a straight piped R1 :^)
>>
>>15389283
congrats on proving him right

now go back to your corolla
>>
around here, i have never seen a person on a motorcycle that wasn't doing at least twice the speedlimit

how can i anticipate anything when this dude is swerving in and out of traffic at 100+ with nothing but a single headlight and an engine sound that's echoing off of everything to signify their existence?
>>
>>15384947
How does it feel to lug around that extra chromosome all the time? Must be tiring
>>
Motorcycles are fine if they act like every other vehicle (no lane splitting).
When cyclists have to pay insurance, use turn signals, brake lights, headlights, have to have a lisence, bike inspections, registrations, plates, etcetc, they can drive on the road. Until then i will continue to run over them in my ilegal plateless chebby tracker.
>>
>>15389617

Motorcyclists do have to do all those things if their biking on the road. Gotta be insured and the bike has to have all the effects of a car to make it "street legal".
>>
>>15382219
my fear is that while i would love a motorcycle it would definitly be how i die
>>
>>15382334
You're the biggest kind of dickhead
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.