[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just got back from a 3 week Japanese vacation. The place is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Japanese-Flag_Japan.jpg (124 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
Japanese-Flag_Japan.jpg
124 KB, 425x282
Just got back from a 3 week Japanese vacation.

The place is literally candy land for car enthusiasts. Every single car enthusiast niche is represented in droves. There are road courses everywhere, drag strips, and even the roads are gifts to all sports cars.

Even the little kei cars that frequent the cities are interesting to look at and fun to drive. Big American cars are represented in all forms, Porsche fans, vintage Alfas, neo-rich supercars, track prepped weekend builds, everything is around you at all times. Its literally sensory overload. Maybe the weeaboos were onto something.
>>
>>15382164
Where did you go?
>>
Enjoy having to pay out of the ass to have a car older than 10 years.
>>
>>15382170
Probably not Tokyo, I went there for a week and it was just all bland Toyotas
>>
>>15383826
You read this on the internet didnt you? You do pay a higher tax on an older vehicle but its not much. Dont believe every blog post you read, nerd.
>>
File: 1442942841390.jpg (838 KB, 1700x1412) Image search: [Google]
1442942841390.jpg
838 KB, 1700x1412
>>15382164
wow nice bite mate!
>>
>>15383838
In Japan not everyone drives a car. This is because driving can be expensive. Gasoline is more expensive here than in any country so just starting up your car will cost you more. On top of that there are very expensive toll roads that connect cities or parts of cities. Probably the most overlooked is the cost of parking. You are not even allowed to own a car unless you rent a parking spot. This can cost anywhere from 10000 – 25000 yen per month. Next is insurance which is not really that expensive (5000 yen per month). And last is the big killer shakken. This is a vehicle check to make sure your vehicle is road worthy. By law anything that is wrong with your vehicle must be replaced or fixed. This sounds realistic until you see the price. You will pay 120000 – 160000 yen for a mid size car every two years. This price is dependant on the engine size so a bigger engine will cost more as well.
>>
>>15383846
>those cross-legged negroes in the background
>this hip to the jive
>>
>>15382164
Is this a new forced meme?
>just got back from a 3 week holiday from a place I wish to credit/insult with made up anecdotes in an effort to validate my opinion to other users on an anonymous image board
Great job OP.
>>
8/10 bait since you got called out twice
>>
>>15383855
They're looking to steal that car, look at the driver's face

>around blacks never relax
>>
>>15383854
This poster is correct. Though he left out the near $3000 most Japanese pay to get their license (well, the driving class that they feel you "need" to pass the test).

>>15383838
This poster is incorrect. I'd venture he's never owned a car in Japan.

There is a reason that one almost never sees older cars in Japan... and why Australia has tons of cheap used Japanese autos. Shakken is top of that list of reasons.
>>
>>15383831

>probably not tokyo
>doesn't even know where he went
>toyotas
>not bikes and hybrids

moshi moshi, baito desu~
>>
How much MR2s did you see there?
Genuinely curious.
>>
>>15384047
what i'm not OP, I'm just saying what I saw when I went to tokyo

at least the kei trucks were cute
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.