[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are these fuckers (4Runner) so expensive? A 2010 with 100k
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
Why are these fuckers (4Runner) so expensive?

A 2010 with 100k miles on it will go for 20k.

Toyotas hold their value so well, yet a car like the Xterra which is comparable has a dirt shit resell rate
>>
>>15379407
Because they're good off-roaders stock and they have a ton of aftermarket. And you're right, an Xterra or Frontier ProX4 will destroy a 4Runner off-road
>>
Toyota reliability meme
>>
>>15379407
Because that car will easily (with basic care) last another 150k

>safe reliable family car that isn't a minivan or crossover
>one of the most capable off roaring cars on the market
>Toyota reliability
>>
>>15379407
Plus they are the only smaller SUV still on the market after Nissan axed the Xterra and all other companies turned theirs into crossovers
>>
>>15379407
Why would you want a 4runner?....
>>
>>15379448
I've seen 2000s Landcruisers on Craigslist with 250k on them on sale for over 20k

Shits ridiculous
>>
>>15379451
A landcruiser will do over a million miles without an issue, there is a reason they are the most popular car in the outback of Australia.
>>
>>15379448
Assuming OP lives in the US, we never got those land cruisers. These are the ones we get, and they start at $83k.
>>
>>15379417
>Lady came in to the shop one day
>she said she had a check engine light
>said the car jerks and sounds like popping under the hood,
>take her home in it because she lives down the street and I get to test what was wrong with it.
>oil was sludge
>Engine was fucked misfire out the wazoo
>spark plugs burned out and wouldn't come out, >when we told her what the problem was
>lady: It's a toyota it still gots 150 thousand more miles on it, I mean come on its a toyota
Toyota is a meme
>>
>>15379889
>doesn't properly maintain vehicle
>haha it's junk
>>
>>15379911
That's the point. the lady thought
>Oh hey its a toyota everybody says they last forever I'll buy one
she thought without proper maintenance her toyota would work another 150k miles
I wasn't saying it was junk, I'm the one that worked on it.
>>
>>15379407
Go get a Ford Centurion instead
>>
>>15379889
Jesus, this reminds me of my idiot brother in law. His wife's parents give them their 93 Accord because they were having a hard time financially and he needed a car to get to work. This Accord being a 93 is arguably the best gen Honda has ever made and this one was fucking immaculate. It had 54k miles on it and looked almost brand new they took such good care of it. The husband was literally OCD and kept every damn receipt for everything ever done to it, which honestly wasn't much.

Within a year it was trashed. Dents on both the front and rear quarters, burrito stains and oil and shit on the seats and floors. Soda spilled all over the inside and never bothered to clean it up. The engine in it ended up seizing or something because they never changed the oil in it. Sold it for 200 bucks to a scrapyard a few years ago. GDit just recounting this story gets me pissed all over again.
>>
File: 1440387218936.gif (161 KB, 268x268) Image search: [Google]
1440387218936.gif
161 KB, 268x268
>>15380420
>never changed the oil
>oil stains
>>
>>15379494
They still sell that in the US?
>>
>>15379448
I don't understand why. They are also available in LHD and is sold in middle east countries which has LHD. And why not the US? I mean come on, they will surely sell like hot cakes here.
>>
>>15379407
Trucks are expensive, and xterras are cheap for what they are

If any truck is overpriced, its the chevy tahoe, $47k for the basemodel, while you can get a fully loaded 4runner for $41k
>>
>>15381285
God no. Don't let Toyota hear that.

One thing I always wondered is why the Sequoia doesn't have a larger aftermarket. It's basically a Tundra and I've heard good things about it on Ih8mud.
>>
>>15379448
how the fuck do you get a land cruiser?
>>
>>15381285
Tahoes are considerably larger though
>>
I always wonder who buys low mileage used Toyota's when they are essentially the same price as brand new.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.