[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone tell me what the fuck this thing on my exhaust is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160703_235250.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160703_235250.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Can anyone tell me what the fuck this thing on my exhaust is? I can't find anything about it online

4 door 99 ek civic lx
>>
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 259x194
Lol good job shingo
>>
Its accordion like and can flex and move a lot
>>
It's a flex pipe
>>
>>15379288
Why the hell would the previous owner install it?

and how the hell do i fix the massive leak from it breaking off
>>
That is a flex pipe.

It's used for bodge repairs of rusted out exhaust sections.

It's easy as fuck to install and lasts a good while before you need to replace it again.
>>
>>15379301
I am at the point where I need to repair it, should I just install a new one?
>>
File: image.png (15 KB, 643x402) Image search: [Google]
image.png
15 KB, 643x402
>>15379272
>99 Civic LX sedan
>EK
>>
>>15379340
i dont pay attention to shit like that I hate this car
>>
>>15379309
Yes.

Or if you plan on keeping the car for awhile, take it to an exhaust shop.

Or buy a cheap harbor freight welder and learn how to weld.

Both will probably cost about the same.
>>
>>15379388
Don't plan on keeping this car for much longer than 6 months if it makes it that long.

thanks
>>
File: aintneverseen.gif (3 KB, 324x216) Image search: [Google]
aintneverseen.gif
3 KB, 324x216
>>15379272
Golly gee that's a lot of rust.

I thought Hondas had stainless steel exhaust pipes from tip to tail. ( ?? )

>maybe you live in a place with snow and snow melting chemical accessories.
>>
>>15379309

They're cheap, you can find them at your local autoparts store. $30 to $40 probably.
>>
>>15379416
I live in a city with a salt mine and a lot of snow

we really fucking like to salt the roads. The car has seen like 17 winters.
>>
File: Universal-Flex-Pipe.jpg (253 KB, 1984x799) Image search: [Google]
Universal-Flex-Pipe.jpg
253 KB, 1984x799
>>15379297

They help absorb vibrations to save exhausts components before or after it from becoming damaged from said vibrations. Fix it by taking the car to an exhaust shop and have them cut it off and replace it. Should be fairly cheap since it's short. Get the braided style like pic related, will do a better job absorbing the vibrations.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.