[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Smaller Engines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1432866863995.jpg (130 KB, 383x472) Image search: [Google]
1432866863995.jpg
130 KB, 383x472
Sup /o/, this definitely isn't my board but figured you're the ones to ask.

My buddy and I live pretty close together, and we both needed a mower. So we went 50/50 on one and both use it as needed.

He insists we only use premium gasoline because he claims it makes a major difference in prolonging the life of motor. I'm not trying to be Jew cheap but I have a lot of regular gas around.

So my question is, is he correct using premium is really important to prolong life hood of engine? Does it really matter?

He says it matters less on cars, but small engines are more sensitive. Is he right, or am I being memed IRL?
>>
Octane level just dictates how much mixture will combust. Go with whatever the engine needs. If you really want to prolong engine life keep it well oiled (your friend).
>>
>>15378135
It's a fucking mower mate. I'm a mechanic and don't even service my mower, and am currently using old ass fuel I got from a non running jetski I bought to run it on. Unless it's a 20,000 commercial zero turn, just use the cheapest shit you can find.
>>
Ask Carol
>>
>>15378135
Uh hi, my name's Pepe, do you have some mail for mee? Possibly?
>>
>>15378135
Unless it's a high-compression motor with a specific need for high-octane fuel, there is no need or advantage to running premium.
>>
>>15378267
>>15378271
That's what I figured. He just works on engines more than I do so wanted another opinion.

>>15378279
>>15378294
Well memed.. I suppose.
>>
i think you could kick a lawnmower with steel toed boots, throw it into a ditch, and never change the oil and it would last longer than you think

tell your friend to quit being hank hill about this shit. just follow the manufacturer recommended fluids and maintenance schedule and it will last forever.
>>
>>15378315
Fuck you and fuck off for saving pics you know nothing of
>>
>hey! those octanes needs to be high for my weed whacker! cause it prolongs its life!
>proceed to fill it with cheapest 2 stroke oil made in china

it's pretty /o/ tier
>>
>>15378315
>That's what I figured. He just works on engines more than I do so wanted another opinion

He sounds autistic to be honest. I would run my mower on water and semen if I could. It's cheaper to buy a new one after if seizes 10 years down the track.
>>
File: sunny-donkeybrained.jpg (54 KB, 650x359) Image search: [Google]
sunny-donkeybrained.jpg
54 KB, 650x359
>>15378339
Oh shit. You're right.

I'm an always Sunny Fan. I confused Pepe for the green frog 4chan posts. He has "boxes full of Pepe". You were right to insult me.
>>
as someone who works on lawnmowers for a living, here is my advice
>don't run 2 stroke mix ever in your mower
>you can use as low as 83 (what I have seen work fine)
>if you got an ohc honda, you fucked up a tiny bit, they are shit to work on
>cleaning the carb, changing the plug and putting fresh gas in will solve 99% of your problems
>you can get your blade sharpened for like 7$, it makes a difference
>if you got a briggs and stratton or tecumseh flathead engine'd mower, it will run forever and octane does not matter
>DON'T FUCKING RUN 2 STROKE MIX THROUGH IT
>>
File: 1456029281210.jpg (45 KB, 416x480) Image search: [Google]
1456029281210.jpg
45 KB, 416x480
>>15378135
>use premium on a 4 stroke single cylinder engine?
unless it's a forced induction engine with a hektik sick turbo, no.
use the lowest octane possible, and change the oil and check the sparkplugs religiously
>am I being meme'd?
yes
>prolong the life of the engine
>a lawnmower engine
oh no, a $50 rebuild kit that takes 3 hours at most, how will your friend manage
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.