[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buffering Car headlights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 023.jpg (546 KB, 2232x1504) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
546 KB, 2232x1504
So my friend decided to buffer my cars headlights... I told him my lights were tinted and I had to remove them. He said it could be done easily and decided to do it last night.

I checked it this afternoon, what the hell? I don't know much about car details like this, (Hence why I posted here).

Is there a way to fix this soon?
>>
Kinda weak bait desu senpai
>>
File: 024.jpg (1 MB, 1856x1952) Image search: [Google]
024.jpg
1 MB, 1856x1952
Other side...
>>
>>15377415
For real, not trolling at all. I'm a retard for not taking it into a shop instead of trusting a long time friend.
>>
Any advice?
>>
Buy a headlight restoration kit and follow the instructions carefully.

Looks like you scrubbed the shit out of them and didn't polish them up.
>>
>>15377462
Is there anyway this can be reverted? It looks pretty bad. Doesn't come off at all, and was left in the sun for a few hours.
>>
>>15377462
The opposite actually. Looks like the polish didn't get buffed out like it should have.

OP does it wipe away with a rag?
>>
>>15377477
Not at all. Again I wasn't there for the whole process. I tried rubbing it off with a rag for a while, nothing came off.
>>
>>15377471
Yes it's reversible. worst case scenario is you buy new lenses.
>>
Try to use some polishing compound, if that doesn’t work, start the whole process od sanding it down with some 600, 1000, 1500 and then 2000 grit wet sandpaper.

I find its easier to do wih the headlight off the car.
>>
>>15377504
>>15377499
I appreciate the responses. I'll look into it. It just was shocking to find it like this. I just replaced the lights on this vehicle as well. If I have to i'll buy new lenses if this doesn't work.
>>
>>15377409
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEJbKLZ7RmM
>>
>>15377485
Can you scrape it with your fingernail? If all else fails, get a lense buffer kit from Wal-Mart/other. I use meguiars with the sanding pads that come in the kit. Takes 20 minutes about. Find some blue painters tape to cover around the lense. Cordless drill for the buff compound and a bottle of warm water is all you need.
>>
Thanks for actually giving advice /o/.

I'll get to work to fix this shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.