[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am fairly new to cars. I own a 2011 Hyundai Elantra (GLS, 1.8L
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 42906488.jpg (119 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
42906488.jpg
119 KB, 1024x768
I am fairly new to cars. I own a 2011 Hyundai Elantra (GLS, 1.8L engine)

Would anyone be able to assist me in finding the correct rear passanger/driver calipers for this car?
>>
File: 1467501152537.jpg (219 KB, 460x2380) Image search: [Google]
1467501152537.jpg
219 KB, 460x2380
>>
>>15372214
Why does it already need rear calipers? Korean quality everyone.
>>
>>15372231
Already? This is just a stock photo. I bought mine used. It needs calipers because I am retarded.
>>
>>15372237
What did you do? No 5 year old car should need new rear calipers.
>>
>>15372267
I drive like ass, but in all honesty I don't know. I was told this by a mechanic shop when I took it in for evaluation. The brakes had started grinding and I wanted to know what was up, I had them look at it and voila, I could use come calipers.
>>
bump, in hopes for information
>>
>>15372267
Do they normally not need to be changed?
>>
>>15372295
get a second opinion. you might need pads or rotors first.
>>
>>15372319
I have both (rotors and pads) ready to be put on. The car I have sounds like ass when I drive it, so I don't want to make it too bad. If the calipers do need to be changed, would it cause a lot of damage to the new rotors/pads?
>>
>>15372337
are you sure it's not a wheel bearing? describe the noise.
>>
>>15372344
I am not sure it's anything. I know the location of the sound comes from the right rear of the seat. It sounds like metal scraping on metal. It gets considerably louder as I brake.
>>
>>15372373
The caliper is essentially just a piece of metal that contains pressure. As you push on the pedal, brake fluid is forced into the caliper and that pressure pushes out a piston that presses the brake pad into the rotor. Because the caliper itself is so so so simple, there usually isn't a whole lot that can go wrong with them that requires the caliper to be replaced. It *could* be that a piece of debris got past the seal in the caliper around the piston somehow, but that seems extremely unlike to be the cause of metal on metal scraping that's audible to the driver. Unless a pad or rotor being messed up caused damage to the caliper itself, the caliper should not need to be replaced, especially on a vehicle only 5 years old.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.