[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /o/ My parents' cars just got keyed a third time last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: 1451590379058.jpg (31 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
1451590379058.jpg
31 KB, 400x600
Hi /o/

My parents' cars just got keyed a third time last night and they're pretty upset about it. We live in an apartment complex and they can't really do shit. There's no cameras or security anywhere I guess.

How do I catch this little shit?
>>
Set up a camera.

Or go around and key every car in the lot every time it happens.

Or stop keying your parents' car.
>>
>>15370740
Camera. Just set up cameras in the car.

I'd also wonder why your parents' cars are getting keyed in the first place. Who did they piss off? People just don't fuck with cars for no reason.

Even if you do get the kids on video, be prepared for a apathetic police response, those assholes are lazy fucks.
>>
Maybe they should stop parking bad
>>
>>15370798

How much / complicated would it be to set up a camera feed to my PC? If I could run out there and catch the shithead in the act I think it would be a lot better.

How much is just a camera going to run me? It runs off the car's battery all night or would it have its own?
>>
>>15370798

Also it isn't just ours, it's everyone's car in the one row of parking spaces. I have no idea why. Like they just walk along the sidewalk dragging a key across each car.
>>
When did it start happening?

Did anyone new move in around then?

Are they niggers with a kid?
>>
>>15370960

Probably a couple months ago now. And I don't know, people move in and out all the time.

Seems like more have moved out recently.

Tonight I'll try and set up a recording device and I'll leave the outside light on. Could I possibly leave like an iPad looking out the window while on the charger and screenshare it to my PC?
>>
>>15370810
You might be able to nigger-rig some wifi cameras to a separate 12V battery (don't use the car's battery you'll run it down)
>>
>>15370992
connect it to a DVR not a pc
>>
File: mfw.jpg (7 KB, 200x165) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
7 KB, 200x165
>>15370992
>Dindus destroying cars
>Hey guise should I leave valuables in plain view?
>>
File: Neighborhood.png (85 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Neighborhood.png
85 KB, 1600x900
>>15370727
>My parents' cars just got keyed a third time last night and they're pretty upset about it. We live in an apartment complex and they can't really do shit.

Even a video of them won't work if it is at night and they have dark skin. There simply isn't enough detail unless it is high resolution with bright lights.

>How do I catch this little shit?
Have an idea of who the angry poor people are as there is a statistical chance they lash out especially around holidays when they feel left out. Holidays are where prosperous people celebrate and poor people can only fume with anger (and strike out) or watch on TV or daydream in envy.

Sometimes, your area already has an idea of who the "mischievious" people might be even before the keying started. But even if you catch someone doing it right in front of you, be careful about letting them know who filmed them. After they get caught, they will get released from juvenile detention and then your car will be UltrA SupReME MegA Duper keyed by someone wearing a hoodie and facemask.

Scratch the words SNITCH SNITCH SNITCH and then pour black paint over the scratches. That will stain the paint with the words so you will need a real repaint to get rid of that. Snitch is not a hate crime word so they cannot be prosecuted for hate crime. But it will make your car the target of everyone else that hates snitches. No one trusts a snitch after all. Especially golden ones on July 30.
>>
File: antidagumisquad.jpg (61 KB, 528x716) Image search: [Google]
antidagumisquad.jpg
61 KB, 528x716
>1) park really shitty
>2) stakeout
>3) ??????
>4) profit!
>>
>>15370810
It's easy to do if you install gentoo
>>
>>15370727
>We live in an apartment complex and they can't really do shit.
They can, but refuse to. I've seen other apartments with plenty of lights and security. Some apartments have nice fences and even close the gates at night but apartment renters have a key to open the gate. Some apartments have gate codes so the gate automatically opens if they click on the remote or enter the code on a shielded keypad.

So if your apartment complex has nothing, it is because the owners or management firm are cheapskates or refuse to do anything that makes them exert themselves. Keep reporting to the police. Have the OTHERS also file separate reports with the police. Once you go thru the process, help the other apt renters file if they are confused what to do.

BY having a LOT of crime filings, the apt owners will do something about it due to insurance rates rising on them. Well, maybe they are asses and simply raise your rents and still do nothing. But be sure to tie in the owners' names AND the name of the management firm in any public reviews on YELP. They don't do much unless they see their names in LIGHTS and the publicity makes them uncomfortable. If you have a copy of the police report in possession, they cannot falsely sue you for slander or libel to shut you up. Yes, even in the wrong, a lot of places will sue you to shut you up even though they know they will lose the lawsuit. But they also know you will cave-in rather than go to court so that is why they do it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.