[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Women drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: women-drivig-car.jpg (36 KB, 725x580) Image search: [Google]
women-drivig-car.jpg
36 KB, 725x580
Is there something innate in women which makes them horrible at driving? I've only been driving for about 3 years but I've been in so many close calls and when I look at the driver, it's a women. I even got in an accident once and it was the woman's fault. What is with them? Not trying to be sexist or offend anybody, I'm just so perplexed.
>>
Attention spans.
>>
Too busy with other things
>>
File: 1465967203070.png (6 KB, 60x56) Image search: [Google]
1465967203070.png
6 KB, 60x56
My mother happens to be the best Driver in the family with not a single accident that was her fault or traffic violation (other than minor speeding) in her 40+ years of driving although maybe its different for her because people had a different mind-set during her time unlike now with all the distraction.

Did people always make the same incompetent mistakes due to minor distractions like they do today?

I've never been in an accident or committed a traffic violation either so maybe i can break her record.
>>
ignorance.

>oh what difference does it make if i check my phone going 60 in the fast lane
>whoops I'm drifting lanes
>oops this guys trying to pass
>better floor it so I can check my phone again in a second
>was that the sign for my exit
>fuck time to signal and brake hard hope they let me over 4 lanes of traffic
>hmm need to do my make up
>at this stop light is a good idea
>oh shit why are they honking, it's green
>yield? that means I don't actually have to stop
>why is this guy honking? behind, why is he so close to my bumper?
>time to park in a parking garage
>ooh there's someone pulling out of a spot on the first floor in a 5 level parking garage
>it's busy and there's about 30 cars behind me but I want to park on the 1st floor
>signal and wait 10 minutes
>finally pull into park
>creep forward until wheels hit the parking curb

Kinda exaggerating but I live in a huge city and often times this is the behaviors I see from women drivers. I mean my gf can drive decently safe but her situational awareness is terrible. She'll ask me how I can pay attention to so much stuff while driving (pointing out rare cars, identifying cops, checking rear view for faster people etc). I just tell her I don't really think about it. She's had one accident with a work truck. the tow hitch poked a square hole into her bumper Styrofoam kek
>>
>>15365047
Their inherent trait of relying on mirrors.

Seriously, watch women drive, especially in parking lots (where statistically most accidents happen). Rarely will you see one that turns their head to physically look while backing up.

>Women drivers, no survivors
>>
>>15365047
My guess is that they have shit situational awareness, and they get distracted with other dumb shit like phones
>>
Inability to make a hard pressed decision at a moments notice
>>
>>15365047
>Mom is a decent driver, can react well to situations and is typically aware of cars around her.
>Riding with her on the freeway in passing lane, doing 80~
>Song comes on that she likes
>Pulls out her phone and takes pic of the infotainment
>"Mom, what the fuck are you doing!?"
>"What? I'm taking a picture so I remember later."
I think they just don't understand the weight of their actions. Checking your phone, doing your make-up at a traffic light, running that yellow light, braking really hard when you could just coast...
That and they're too impatient to pull over and just text/call someone, even if to say "Hey I'm driving I'll text you when I get to my destination."
>>
I noticed the other day that some women's rear mirrors will be pointed not at the rear window, but at their face. Ya know, cause doing your makeup while driving is more important than spatial awareness when you're going 70 mph down a freeway.
>>
>>15365047
Trust in the system and trust in others combined with the usual human empathetic blind spots

"I'm sure everyone else will follow the rules meant to keep me safe, so i can slack off a bit"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.