[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on the Acura RSX type-S I'm looking to buy a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: acurarsxtypesfpfront1.jpg (66 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
acurarsxtypesfpfront1.jpg
66 KB, 800x600
Redpill me on the Acura RSX type-S

I'm looking to buy a 2004 Acura RSX Type-S.

Anything horribly wrong with the car I should know about aside from > it's a fwd
I read they have a problem with the 2nd gear grinding and some have reported the car even popping out of 2nd or 3rd gear.

It has 71k miles and the guy wants $8500. It has a rip in the drivers seat and I could probably offer him a little less with the justification that I would eventually have to reupholster the seat. I haven't gotten a look at the car in person yet so I don't know about any other issues the car might have and it looks clean aside from the empty water bottles and pieces of paper the guy has in the car
>>
>redpill

just shoot yourself in the face please
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>15359531
Get an Integra instead
>>
The hatch leaks and the seat ripping is nearly standard on used listings.

The turning circle is stupid large. Otherwise good.
>>
Get a GS-R integra.
>>
>>15359531
05-06 is better except for ecu tune cost more cause you would need 02-04 ecu, but not an issue unless you plan to go beyond bolt ons where as reflash is all u need.
Transmission prob is for all kseries 2-3rd ask if it has been worked on or any recall records. also make sure not to skip gears this habit has been linked to that very issue.
Make sure valves are lashed manual states every 90k but from experience and other techs should be done every 40k if driven hard.
Not bad car and fun for dd.
Mileage is ok have gotten to 33mpg but only by keeping revs down and at 65mph max hwy which sucks and overdrive (6th)doesn't help 75-80 @ 4k rpm not very efficient
>>
>>15359758
I'm thinking about getting one of these as a DD in a year or two in the sub-5k range. Most likely will be the last coupe I buy before I start a family. It seems like the most logical choice.

I care about interior, and I hear these have a cheap interior. Is there a better coupe in the price range?
>>
>>15360045
Interior isnt bad just depends on how last owner took care of it, mine still looks 8/10 always cleaned my spills and treated the leather every summer. No rips/cracks just little wear. It has held up real well had for 11 years. Also have the oem upgrade kit for it which is I think how it should come and how it lookes in dealer brochure but that was when you could still buy them
Backseats are for midgets though
>>
That's too expensive, the rice tax is high on a car without LSD. You could import a type r for that money
>>
File: 00d0d_3tumxXWovCW_1200x900.jpg (240 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
00d0d_3tumxXWovCW_1200x900.jpg
240 KB, 1200x900
>Willing to spend 5k
>Don't buy a used truck instead
>Don't buy a 4x4 rig
>Don't buy a foxbody
>Buy rice cooker id bery fas
>>
Get it op it's a great car. I have an 06 integra type s 6 speed and while the interior is a bit playschool it's a lot of fun to drive.

There is a common issue of 3rd gear not going in properly, you just have to wiggle it to get it in, and as >>15359634 said the turning circle is easily the worst of any car I have ever driven. I've never had an issue with leaks though.

Also that 200hp k20z1
>>
on any other board when a person starts a thread with "redpill me on" its an instaban
>>
>>15360887
Actually if it's an 04 it won't have the k20z1, probs only the 150hp k20a3. Also no 6 speed or type r exhaust
>>
>>15360900
I guess we don't have your autism
>>
>>15360652
200-400 dollar and afternoon to install LSD.
>>
>>15360901

The type s makes 200hp according to edmunds.

The type S is also 6 speed while the base model is a 5 speed. Can't speak about the exhaust or engine though
>>
>>15359531
4 years ago i had an 04 rsx-s, 3rd gear pop out but no 2nd gear grind. It was annoying as fuck, started at 69k miles. Tread with caution, i loved the car otherwise besides some other minor problems (driver side window and rear hatch.) Fuck man giving me some 2011/12 feels
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.