[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AC Cut Circuit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: ARanger.jpg (420 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
ARanger.jpg
420 KB, 1600x1200
I'm extremely satisfied with my Ranger 02 offroad with it's fuel economy and the fun factor on how it drives. The problem is my AC

I checked under the hood and..
>AC compressor did not go on
>Try adding refrigerant and it didn't do anything
>Took it to the shop where they checked for pressure on the lines but everything was fine
>THe guy said it's gotta be a cut circuit

Im not mechanic but with a diagram you can find where all the circuits lead on my ranger. I'm frustrated because I called several Mexican places in an effort to save money, they all say "It could be anything from $45 to $300" I imediately call them out with anger.

Does anyone here have a good tip on figuring out how to fix a cut circuit or a brief estimate on how much I could be spending?
>>
>>15359423
>It could be anything from $45 to $300"
Uh, that's about right, it could be any number of things and a tech over the phone has to choose between telling you the worst possibility and having you flip shit, or telling you the easiest possibility and having you not come in at all.

get a multimeter and check the voltage to the compressor, at least.
Google search for an HVAC wiring diagram for your Ranger, check all connectors.

>brief estimate on how much I could be spending?
nigger that's what all those techs told you

>"It could be anything from $45 to $300"

this shit is their job and you come on here acting like a bunch of anonymous retards, most of whom do not even own cars, could possibly know better.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4320x2432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4320x2432
Use your owners manual to locate the A/C clutch relay. Remove and jump the relay with a small peace of wire or paper clip. If the low pressure switch is preventing the clutch from engaging this will force the compressor to engage. Do not use this to force the compressor to stay on for a long time or you will burn it out. This is handy if you are haveing a hard time filling the low pressure port of your ac system.
Pic Unrelated.
>>
>>15359423
Why not check the fuse and relay if you think its something electrical?
>>
>>15359423
Nice Truck, OP.
Do you own a multimeter? Time to get one, if you don't. Even the free ones from Harbor Freight are good enough for this job.
>>
>>15359423
Hey dude, let me know if you figure it out or respond back here. I think my ranger might have the same issue, but I never bothered to fix it.

I checked the pressure and tried filling it up with R-134, but I never heard the compressor turn on. AC works, just doesn't blow cold.
>>
>>15362631
Ill let you know tomorrow. Im gonna et the circuit checked today.
>>
>>15359494
Thats ok, Im a little Naive on AC matters, i will go fix my AC tomorrow. Hopefully i dont spend anywhere near 300$
>>
>>15360141
Well I know its electrical because two shops in the clutch of 3 months mentioned "cut circuit, and everthing else is fine" I just dont like Messi g with electrical.

>>15359539
This Serna yo be the best comment. I will try your idea if my AC is not Fixed by tomorrow. I just would hate messing with electrical stuff. Other than that I can do pretty much everything like engine swaps and tranny builds.

I would never do an engine swap to my truck unless its needed though.
>>
>>15361221
Free? I like free. But yea. I probably need to stop neglecting learning electric stuff on cars
>>
>>15359423
Sounds like you went to a shitty shop:
>compressor not kicking on
>check charge-30 seconds
>check fuse/relay-30 seconds
>check for voltage at compressor-30 seconds
>hotwire relay-30 seconds
>hotwire compressor-30 seconds

this should tell you everything you need to know about it in about 5 minutes.
>>
>>15363144
My Method:
Set meter to DCV- 20
Touch black lead to body
poke red lead at various wires
>>
>>15359423
Buy a multimeter. Check for power at the a/c clutch connector. Or just take it to a reputable shop and have them do everything. Don't be a poorfag.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.