[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_1083.jpg (2 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1083.jpg
2 MB, 3024x3024
so guys, how much do recommended to fill in, what psi on the front and back?
>>
File: IMG_1084.jpg (1 MB, 3024x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1084.jpg
1 MB, 3024x3024
>>15358737
>>
>>15358737
A couple psi above the recommended for slightly better mpg.
>>
>>15358739
Don't follow this verbatim. Do what it says on your tire.
>>
File: 1209.gif (38 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1209.gif
38 KB, 400x225
>mfw filling a donut spare to ~60psi
>>
>>15358751
Tire says max 44psi
>>
>>15358737
First, look up the maximum tire pressure on the tire's sidewall. Never exceed that.

Next, look up the manufacturer's recommended tire pressure. It's usually in the door or in the manual. You can exceed these by about 3PSI/0.2bar for a small reduction in rolling resistance, which should increase your mpg a bit.
>>
>>15358737

How old is that tire?

It looks to be in the early stages of dry rot.
>>
>>15358739
his tire isn't on the chart thought
>>
>>15358737
Bro are you still running snow tires it's almost fucking july
>>
>>15358764
but why the fuck would you do that ?
wait are you a bomber ?
>>15358774
then never exceed that value
recommended tire pressure should be on the drivers door just look at the chart
>>
>>15358751
You are dumb, the only thing listed on the tire is max PSI. You fill it to around what it says on the door tag and add/remove a few psi based on ride/weight.
>>
>>15358847
>M+S
> "Snow tire"

I got new for you, that aint a winter tire its a year round tire that may fair slightly better in snowy and muddy conditions.

Michelin makes M/S tires and they are pretty much a gold standard for trucks/SUVs for year round use.
>>
>>15358850
Because that's what they're recommended pressure is on the sidewall. It's just nerve racking to actually fill it that much because my mind keeps telling me it's gonna explode.
>>
Ususally I say the tire but low profile tires are absolutle shit

Eventually they will pop
>>
>>15358989
You dont fucking fill the tire to 44 PSI.... Good lord.

Thats the max pressure of the tire under any circumstance.

Guess what? A hot tire rises about 4 PSI in pressure. I fill my tires to 36 PSI as the door sticker says, when measured after driving for an hour they all show 40 PSI. They have a max of 44.

You absolutely do not want to fill those tires to 44 PSI, they will really be around ~48 and thats really pushing it even with them over engineering the tire.
>>
>>15359013
Wrong reply. I was talking about the donut spare
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.