[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /o/, I have a lease that's going to end in August (btw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: FudQYSI.png (92 KB, 576x1008) Image search: [Google]
FudQYSI.png
92 KB, 576x1008
So /o/,

I have a lease that's going to end in August (btw never lease a car, that was a goddamn mistake) but I also own a NA Miata.

I have a commute that's 56 miles a day that involves heavy traffic which can be stop and go mostly. Im putting $2k away each month and by say November I should have around $10k. I was looking for a high mpg vehicle within that price range.

I could daily the miata but the safety and high miles it has is a bit concerning (158k).

Would you recommend any reliable, high mpg cars that that might work for me? In NY we have hov access for hybrids if that means anything
>>
>>15357926
Off topic,kinda
I never really understood the purpose of leasing a car. Whats the benifit?Feels lile just spending a ton if money just to give up your car.Although buying a used formerly leased car worked out for me quite well.
>>
>>15358171

The way I see it, its a lot like rent a apartment. You pay money into it and never get ownership, but sometimes all you need is a car to move from home to work and back again. You never need to fix it, you never need to worry about it, and in a year or three you move onto a new model with all the bells and whistles.

Just like renting an apartment, when the roof leaks I don't need to do anything other than call up the landlord.
>>
>>15358171
Leasing is the better option when it comes to cars like S classes and 7 series luxobarges that depreciate at an amazing rate. In the end you'll be out less money.
>>
>>15358180
>>15358221
Thank you.
>>
What kind of numale fuck needs a pictoral guide to jump a car? Maybe if you fucks didn't spend your chidhood staring at your iPadphone screens and paying attention when your parents did things, you'd learn something useful.
>>
>>15357926
>btw never lease a car, that was a goddamn mistake

There's lots of good economic reasons to lease a car, but apparently not in your case. There's also lease to own deals out there which are also ways for you to figure out if the car is a lemon or not before you actually buy it and regret the purchase.
>>
>>15358423
>since early childhood parents always point out my interest in cars
>father has neither time or interest to teach me anything
>yells at me for not guessing a bolt size correctly
>yells at me for not connecting the battery "correctly"(connected negative first)

Ipadphones, sure
>>
File: feel.jpg (63 KB, 650x842) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
63 KB, 650x842
>>15360223
Attached wrong image, phone is acting up
>>
>>15358423
Can /pol/ please leave
>>
>>15357926
buy an NC with a manual. don't forget snow tires for the winter. turn NA into track car
>>
>>15358171
People justify it by saying they get a new car every three years and don't take the depreciation hit of resale but the truth is you pay quite a bit more overall because of hidden shit they don't quite tell you about. If you're gonna get something high end that depreciates like crazy it isn't a bad way to go but you're still burning money for an image
>>
>>15357926
>2016
>making it so complicated to jump a car.
remove keys from ignition, close doors.
connect your cables in whatever order you would like.
>start dead car
basic electrical stuff lads, come on.
>>
>>15357926
Probably should have replied to the OP as well. You could look into a late 2000s domestic like a Malibu or something. You've got a fun car and getting a lame reliable American car would be an alright idea
>>
>>15360268
the price of leases IS the depreciation, with added interest. you take the hit for them, and they can sell a post lease car for cheap.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.