[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Camaro RS V6 Over Scion FRS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: V6.jpg (185 KB, 1500x884) Image search: [Google]
V6.jpg
185 KB, 1500x884
So I've been looking to get an upgrade over my FRS and there are a few cars out there that have caught my eye. I was looking at the 370z but the fact is that car is old as fuck and needs a redesign and even the interior looks outdated at this point.

Then I found the 2016 Camaro RS with V6 which was a turn off because it's not the V8 until I actually saw the performance of the car. The engine revs up to around 7200rpm, the cars exhaust sounds phenominal, it gets good MPG and it goes 0-60 in 5.1 seconds, also the tranny has short throws and it seems like a solid upgrade over the FRS as the redesigned Camaro handles great.

Comparing that to the SS which is 7,000-10,000$ more expensive, it's only around .8 seconds faster off the line + worse fuel mileage and I'm not sure how anybody can justify spending 40,000$+ on a Camaro but for the price difference the V6 to me makes the most sense from a price to performance ratio - especially considering the V6 runs the quarter mile in 13.5.

I know there's a lot of people out there that will shit talk the V6 but the engine seems fun as fuck, sounds great, and the Camaro is practically a sports car now anyway.

What do you guys think about it? What other V6 cars offer this same level of performance to price?
>>
>>15357554
I think you shouldnt think about buying a camaro if you cant afford the SS
>>
File: crotoca;2.jpg (7 KB, 222x148) Image search: [Google]
crotoca;2.jpg
7 KB, 222x148
>>15357568
Why though? The V6 runs 0-60 in 5.1, the quartermile in 13.5, has an insanely good price point, a high revving fun engine, a great transmision, a really nice interior.

Like I don't understand this mindset. Yes the V8 is better, and yes I have the money to get the V8. But how do you justify spending like 10,000$ more for it? Why would you even buy a V8 Camaro for 40,000$ when there are better options?

With the V6 price point there are no better options available. The Turboboost mustang is the only comparable car that will give the same performance for that price point. Find me a V6 engine that runs 0-60 in 5.1 and revs at 7200RPM stock

I used to think the same way as you but after looking at the performance and reviews it's really hard for me to understand this old school mindset.
>>
>>15357581
Bigger is better.

t. american
>>
>>15357581
>But how do you justify spending like 10,000$
Because in five years it will still be worth $30,000 while the V6 will be worth $12,000.
>>
If it's a muscle car without a V8 was it really ever a muscle car at all?
>>
>>15358028
That's why '10 SS's are already worth less than 15k, right?
>>
Just wait until the new 1LE comes out and get it with a V6. Will shit all over everything at that price point
>>
>>15358052
Well it's actually a pony car to be specific
>>
>>15358063
No, because the 10's are slow turds. I test drove one with only 20,000 on it and, my God, they are big, heavy turds with no torque. OP, just buy a C5 Corvette. Preferably a Z06. For the money, they're really quick and mechanically sound. A 2001 Z06 is just as quick as some brand new 2016 cars. Best bang for your buck.
>>
>>15357581
370z redlines at 7500rpm and will do 0-60 in 5.1 seconds
>>
>>15358193
Dont do this. C5 vettes are extremely unreliable and have much higher maintenance costs than the camaro. My uncle has one and spent 10k last year keeping that pos working. There are easier and more satisfying ways to burn your money

op, it sounds like you want the camaro. If you test drive it and like it, then get the camaro. Its better to drive what you want then to get another car and always think that youre missing out. V6 camaro will shit on what 95% of /o/tists have. V8 is obviously better, but if YOU cant justify spending that much extra on it then dont, because its your money and it will be your car
>>
>>15358366
My dad's got an '03 Z06 that's never had a problem. The support for the LS engines is great, and maintenance isn't that bad. You've got a bad story, I've got a good one.
>>
>>15358132
Then back to >>>/mlp/
with you
>>
>>15358366
>ls1 and t56 unreliable
>high maintenance costs
>on an american pushrod v8
>10k in maintenance
???

How fucking retarded are you? C5 parts are cheap as fuck.
>>
I've never understood putting up with all the downfalls of a V6 muscle car just to get something about the same as a V6 sedan. An accord does 0-60 in 6.1 sec.

What's the point of having a car you can't properly reverse with in a parking lot that's about the same speed as a V6 accord or camry?
>>
>>15358366
>C5 vettes are extremely unreliable

I have no clue what you're talking about. My old man has one of those and it's been nothing but reliable. The tranny and engine are simple and parts are bountiful.

How many miles were on your uncle's C5 and what went wrong?
>>
>>15358453
v6 accord has 270ish horsepower and 250lb/ft of torque and weighs more than the camaro and about the same as an ecoboost mustang which has more power than the accord
>>
>>15358366
>how to spot a liar
If you knew anyone who had to spend that much on repairs, they beat the fuck out of their car. My Z06 has only ever had the rear end go out, and that’s from the guy who had it before me not taking care of it. The car has been more reliable than ANY Camero I've owned. I've owned a 72, 89, 94, 97, and an 02 Camero and the only reliable one was the 02 with an LS motor. That motor is too reliable to go out, as long as you, at the very least, do basic fucking maintenance on the car.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.