[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /o/ I have this old '94 Mercury Grand Marquis with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1464830917220.jpg (17 KB, 195x358) Image search: [Google]
1464830917220.jpg
17 KB, 195x358
Alright /o/ I have this old '94 Mercury Grand Marquis with only 50k miles

After 5 seconds of maintaining the speed the engine likes to stutter until you let go of the accelerator or speed up

No idea what the problem is, don't want to take it in if I can avoid it.
>>
>>15353181

FAKE CAR ENTHUSIASTS IN SHITTY FWD LAND BARGES!
>>
File: asdf.png (18 KB, 87x90) Image search: [Google]
asdf.png
18 KB, 87x90
>>15353192
>>
>>15353181
>take it in if I can avoid it.
You can avoid it by fixing it yourself faggot.
>>
>>15353203
I'm car illiterate so I was hoping for some ideas on what the problem is then trying to fix it myself
>>
File: delete.png (801 KB, 1860x548) Image search: [Google]
delete.png
801 KB, 1860x548
>>15353192
>grand marquis
>fwd
>>
>>15353214
so you agree? FWD is bad?
>>
stuck EGR valve
>>
>>15353181

Open the hood with the engine running and listen carefully for hissing noises. You may have a vacuum leak. How does the car idle? If it idles rough but accelerates smoothly, you've probably got a cracked line somewhere. Does your cruise control work?

If it is a vacuum line, those are very simple to replace, they sell tubing at Autozone and you just cut it to the same length.

You should take it in and have a mechanic check it out, but definitely go to a reputable shop and don't admit you are clueless. When you received the car, did you have it inspected by a mechanic? Ask your shop to do the same inspection they would do if you were about to buy the car.

Without actually driving the car, there are a lot of possibilities I could think of, but vacuum lines are simple to check and, on a car that old, guaranteed to be in need of replacement.
>>
>>15353236
>>15353250
Thanks for the suggestions, I will talk to my dad who's a lot better with cars then me before doing anything
>>
>>15353181

I'll give you $500 for it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.