[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Detailing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 2745_lg.jpg (35 KB, 330x395) Image search: [Google]
2745_lg.jpg
35 KB, 330x395
What's your go to car wash and interior/exterior cleaning tools and chemicals youp refer on your car?

I use a lot of Meguiars because it's what I started with.

Never clayed my car before, is it a meme?
>>
>never clayed my car
Your whole life is a mistake if you've never clayed before wax.
>>
>>15351370
Check out the archived /o/ thread on detailing.

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15054456

Blame the troll threads for forcing the better but slow posting threads off.
>>
>>15351564
Just bought a 16-year-old car. I plan to wash it, clay bar it, and then wax it. Anything else I should do to bring out the finish and protect it from further damage?
>>
>>15352022

The clay will leave a few unavoidable scratches of you're using it on an older car that has enough surface contaminants. You can get a machine polisher kit like a g110v2 da microfiber correction kit and a bottle of meguiars ultimate polish to clean up the rest of the finish.
>>
Claying makes the car shine like never before. Its a pain in the butt the first time but if you keep up on it it will go faster every other time.
>>
>>15352116

You're retarded. All claying does is remove surface contaminants, it's a prep stage. Your shine is from the pure polish and waxing stages.
>>
>>15352059
if you have a silver or white car I wouldnt bother.
I spent 2 hours doing a 3 stage correction then glaze, sealant and wax all applied by DA on the hood of my silver car.

It looked exactly the fucking same.
>>
File: 4168CuOAWkL.jpg (22 KB, 208x500) Image search: [Google]
4168CuOAWkL.jpg
22 KB, 208x500
>>15351564
No one ever told me to clay. None of my buddies clay their cars either.

>TFW Normie.
I need to go buy some black ice.
>>
>>15352211
then your paint didn't need to be corrected..
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (47 KB, 549x380) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
47 KB, 549x380
>>15352059
>The clay will leave a few unavoidable scratches of you're using it on an older car that has enough surface contaminants.

You are doing it wrong if clay leaves scratches.

The whole purpose behind detailing it doing as little damage to the finish as possible, your car has a set amount of paint / clear from the factory. The chemicals and tools used by people who know what they are doing ar mild and too soft to damage paint.

Good clay, enough lube (Soapy water or QD spray) and a cool surface will just strip the embedded contaminants.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.