[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /o/ Anyone go out scrapping? If so post some of the stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 6-28-16.png (3 MB, 1655x934) Image search: [Google]
6-28-16.png
3 MB, 1655x934
Hey /o/ Anyone go out scrapping? If so post some of the stuff you found.
>>
>at a family gathering
>cleaning out grandma's barn
>take her old busted barbecue out to the road
>uncle bets my dad $10 it'll still be there when we all leave
>I get it to the road
>it's gone before I get back to the barn
>>
No, because I dont have a meth problem.
>>
>>15350703
a thief like you stole my minibike

get a real job you failure
>>
>>15350703
About half dozen of you crackheads drive through my neighborhood the day before trash day. See same vehicles multiple times a day. How the fuck can you make any money to make it worth your while??
>>
>>15351309
they're usually on government assistance so scrapping becomes extra income in conjunction with selling food stamp cards that aren't fully used.
>>
>tfw my neighborhood made everyone put locks on our trash bins because crackheads wouldn't stop sifting through the trash, stealing any scrappable stuff they can, and leaving the trash all over the front yard

I couldn't imagine being such a pathetic loser that I couldn't get a job at McDonald's and had to sift through people's trash like an animal all day.
>>
Wow so much hate. I just do it for some extra cash.
>>
>>15351331
I already figured that but if you drive around all day and burn up $70-80 in gas i cant imagine making more than $150 in scrap. Not even $10/hr??
>>
>>15351331
man fuck the food stamp system, if you're too disabled to work but not able to get paperwork proving it they require you to work for 80 hours a month to get assistance. yet drug addicts and all of these other fucks can get help from them no questions asked.
>>
>>15354771
>$70-80 in gas
If you're averaging 15mph for 8 hours, that's 120 miles. 8 mpg, 15 gallons x $2.00/g = $30.
$150 in scrap - $30 gas = $120 for 8 hours, $15/hr tax free and paid at the end of the day.
Shitjob at McDonalds is $7.25/hr, over a third of that goes to taxes, and you've got to wait two weeks for it. ~$350 paycheck after two weeks full time, compared to $1200 using the above math for scrap running.

But you really don't make that much collecting scrap.
>>
Nah. It's a waste of time any more. Scrap prices have been in the toilet for years.

I used to load my flatbed truck up with sorted aluminum or a load of magnesium wheels or whatever I got together and be able to net $3000-$15,000 for a week of work.

Not any more. Too many people doing it and prices are too low. Can't get the same cheap deals. Used to go to police auctions and buy 25 cars for $5 a piece. Take them to a yard, smash all the glass into the car, cut the cats out and pull the radiators. Load of radiators = aluminum = $$$. Load of cats = platinum = $$$$$$$$$.

Company would come through 2-4 times a year with a mobile crusher to get rid of the rest. Every truck load out, which is 6-10 cars was something like $3,000. Sent out 18 trucks one day one time.

Scrap business used to be good.
>>
>>15356148
Brought a load of scrap from my shop a few years ago, it was over $300.

Took a similar size load a few months ago plus a 32' aluminum ladder. $80. It's fucking terrible now.
>>
File: Fall 2015 017.jpg (426 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Fall 2015 017.jpg
426 KB, 1280x720
>>15356162
Yup. We closed up shop and sold off a lot of equipment. Just not worth any more. This whole yard used to be full of scrap and tow trucks and equipment for recycling.

There's money in being the buyer and selling bulk, but thats hard af to do. Takes a lot of years to build up enough clients bringing you good scrap to really make money, and takes a shit ton of space.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.