[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diesel mechanic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: cummins-turbo-diesel.jpg (100 KB, 799x499) Image search: [Google]
cummins-turbo-diesel.jpg
100 KB, 799x499
I'm a diesel mechanic in the making. I might go to unoh but I'm not sure yet. I want to know experiences/tips/tricks you mechanics and diesel mechanics use in the field.
And not that "oh just lube up the rubber on your oil filter before putting it on" bullshit
>>
Cummins always makes the best diesel engines.
>>
>>15350314
Nah, Caterpillar and Isuzu make the bet severe duty diesels. Yanmars for smaller shit.
The Komatsu copies of Cummins are pretty tough.
>>
>>15350329
I meant for the daily driver trucks such as in OP's picture. You are right with talking about the big rig payloders and dozers though.
>>
>>15350329
We have a komatsu loader at my house. 10/10 can confirm its a workhorse.
Also Isuzu is Jap junk fuck that horsedick trash
>>15350314
Agree
>>
>>15350281
What exactly is it you want to know? For general tips, use your brain, use common sense. I've had plenty of apprentices, and only one has done these things. So many hopeless fucks.
>>
>>15350347

Komatsu is jap too, you fucking moron
>>
File: DSC_0137.jpg (283 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0137.jpg
283 KB, 1280x720
>>15350347
Depends on the Isuzu you're talking about, but the fullsize six wheel trucks are decent, and their smaller single axle cabovers are still my pick of that size range.
I was talking about their industrial motors regularly fitted to Hitatchi branded equipment.
>>
File: DSC_0135.jpg (282 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0135.jpg
282 KB, 1280x720
>>15350821
And this... lol
Although most of their engines do mimic Cummins designs.
The Japs build damn good diesels regardless.
>>
>>15350821
I still don't like it even though it's a badass loader.
>>
>>15350281
here's one: that plastic "air filter restriction" gauge thing in your pic is a useless piece of shit. don't ever rely on those to know if the filter is clogged or not. also the flashlight test is meaningless. visual inspection + shaking does the trick.
>>
>>15354009
Thanks my dude. I don't even like air filters in the box anyways. Take em out and move them farther away from the motor.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.