[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ever since i first saw this MC i've been in love with it,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
Ever since i first saw this MC i've been in love with it, now i have saved up some cash and thinking about building something similar.

Any of you guys have any idea of how much it would cost ?

This was taken from the site i found the bike on.
>"This 1972 Ironhead Sportster has one off handle bars, rear fender, fork slider covers, oil tank, mid foot controls, tail light bracket and exhaust. It runs a 21 inch front wheel with Avon MK-2 tire and a 16 inch rear with a Cocker ribbon tire. - S & S Super E carb - TT & Co unity headlight - TT & Co sharkstooth exhaust bracket - TT & Co finned points cover"
>>
>>15349655
Depends how much of the work you can do yourself and if you have fabrication skills. If you hire a pro build shop to do that, you could easily drop 20k.

If you can actually do shit yourself and have some skills, probably half that, again depending on fab skills and where you source your parts
>>
>>15349655
>buy old clapped out harley
>rebuild running gear(this will be the most expensive part)
>front fender delete
>bob rear fender
>paint everything black with matte, flat, semi or full gloss. You choose.
>remove all other unnecessary shit

It's not hard to build a bobber.
>>
>>15349822
>It's not hard to build a bobber.

No its not, but you need time which i dont have
>>
>>15349933
Then buy a running motorcycle and do everything I mentioned except rebuilding the running gear. It'll at most take a couple of weekends. All you'd be doing is unbolting shit and painting it black.
>>
File: custom.png (3 MB, 1230x1400) Image search: [Google]
custom.png
3 MB, 1230x1400
>>15349822
>>15349778
Found a shop near me that build customs and they had this for sale for about 6 k

Harley Davidson Buell XB9 Bobber/Custom Projekt 2016
95% Done
1200 cc Buell Motor
HD Breaks
Avon Speedmaster tires
Complete drive package
charge
ignition
carburettor
oil coolers
electrical systems supplied.

Not 100% sure on everything thats missing but what i can se its not much.
>>
>>15349969
the things listed I assume come with it? Because they're definitely not on it. You'll need exhaust as well.
>>
>>15349997
Yeah those things come with it.
>>
>>15350006
You probably spend more time putting it together versus just buying an already running one and stripping all the shit off and painting it.
>>
File: IMG_20160610_190440.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160610_190440.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
Buy a nightster and start pulling shit off, it's easy, I'm doing it.
>>
>>15350025
So adding a few parts on a almost pre build mc would take more time than disassembling the whole bike , paint it and then reassemble it again :S
>>
>>15351203
You wouldn't be taking apart the whole bike, See >>15349822

All you'd be doing is taking off the two fenders and rattlecanning it black.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.