[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever crashed your car /o/? What happened? Also pics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 84
File: sadmancrashcarmad.jpg (274 KB, 1300x837) Image search: [Google]
sadmancrashcarmad.jpg
274 KB, 1300x837
Have you ever crashed your car /o/? What happened? Also pics if available
>>
I don't have picks up I backed my 350z into my dads truck and destroyed my bumper. Also I smashed my maxima into a mailbox and curbed my wheel so bad I blew a tire.
>>
File: that is totally me.jpg (129 KB, 507x338) Image search: [Google]
that is totally me.jpg
129 KB, 507x338
>>15348446
Is this going to be a cheesy stock photo thread?
>>
Yeah, I hit a pot hole at 60mph and bent my frame. 10k in damage but it wasn't a write off.

The city paid my deductible and the car is actually straighter than it was before so I guess I'm okay with it. It was my fault though since I wasn't paying attention to the road.
>>
File: IMG_20150916_093621_820.jpg (289 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150916_093621_820.jpg
289 KB, 1280x720
I was going to work like I do at least 5 days a week and noticed the cars in front were slowing down so I did too. Then they stopped and I was going a little bit too fast. I hit a car that hit a car that hit a car (3 cars in total).

I had a split second to change lanes but both sides had cars so I couldn't. I feel like an idiot because I've done tons of reckless driving but I crashed just going to work. I even left early so I wouldn't have to rush that day.
>>
>>15348446
No because I'm not a faggot.
>>
File: civic bike damage.jpg (168 KB, 1161x654) Image search: [Google]
civic bike damage.jpg
168 KB, 1161x654
I got blindsided by a motorcyclist in my civic.

I repaired all of the mechanical damage and drove the car for another two years. I never fixed the cosmetic damage. I'm still convinced the turn signals were held in by explosive bolts.

The other accident I was in was also with the civic, except this time I slid into an illegally parked car during a snow storm. That was purely cosmetic damage to both cars. I'm pretty sure the basketball-americans would have probably tried to sue but the street was marked no parking and I had a passenger in the car with me as well and could vouch that they decided the ape out on my car.
>I'll let the cops toss them into a squad car to cool off. I'm not an idiot.
>>
Spun my NB into the center divide on the freeway.

>Absolutely shitting rain
>Doing 90 on the freeway, rear end is in a constant drift
>Thought "You know, this is a little risky, I don't feel like having a crash tonight"
>Took my foot off the gas
>80, rear settles down
>70, yawn, get over to slow lane

>a minute later, dip in the freeway
>helicopter.exe There was no saving it. I instantly dropped power 2/3rs and got full steering lock in. By this time I was already going down the freeway at 90 degrees.
>Spun 4-5 times across 3 lanes into the center divide. Cars were driving around me as I was spinning.
>Hit the center divide and slid along it for 100ft or so.
>Start to dial 911
>Wait
>Get out and see that all the wheels are still attached, no coolant is leaking.
>Start car up, drive it back home.
>Didn't tell roomates about it, let them ask me the next day.

Both front frame rails were bent at the firewall, whole front was shifted over a couple inches. Ended up selling the car to a guy that wanted to swap the motor in his NA6.
>>
>>15348545
where do you live, you are describing to a tee the car a friend of mine bought
>>
>>15348561
East Bay, This happened 8 years ago. Was the NB silver with a silver hard top and all the carpets removed?
>>
>>15348573
ahh, naw it was black but the damage was just as you described, the whole front was pushed to the right. car still drove straight though.
>>
>>15348446
Never caused an accident "knock on wood" been driving since I was 18, I'm 34 currently.

Been hit twice, both in my previous car (03 eclipse spyder). The second accident was pretty freaky.

>1st was t boned at low speed. Got out, took pics, called cops, insurance paid for repair. It was a really stupid accident, I was driving straight and someone waiting at a stop sign, who clearly seen me, decided to floor it right into the side of my car. Cop though he was drunk but nope.

>2nd was driving on the highway 401 and a lane was closed (3 lane highway) and everyone came to a stop. Transport sideswiped my car while drifting all over the road (guessing drunk or tired) it was late, he didn't stop, I couldn't give chase because traffic. Got stuck with a $500 deductible because couldn't find the guy. Though because there was frame damage the car was written off and I got a check for $6800. Went from an 03 eclipse with 210k km to an 08 with 140k km so thanks truck driver I guess.
>>
File: jeep2.png (2 MB, 798x1200) Image search: [Google]
jeep2.png
2 MB, 798x1200
>>15348446
>be a few years ago
>snowy as fuck, but we're out of milk and I don't give a fuck
>go through a harpin corner
>lose traction
>thatface.jpg
>fly across ditch, hit snowbank, rotate 180 degrees, fly back across ditch to a standstill
>front bumper on road, rear bumper on snowbank, 4 wheels in the air
>get towed out by a tractor, fix it for $100

6 months later
>1st gen Grand owners know our VIC
>VIC catches on fire
>late for work, ask my dad if he has time to pull it
>"sure son"
>come back, car is gone
>dad asks me where the car is
>it rolled down the hill, onto the driveway, across the road, through a ravine, and hit a tree
>because someone pulled the VIC, and left with the car still in neutral

lessons learned: don't trust anyone to work on your car, because they won't pick up the tab on your new one either
>>
File: crash.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2304) Image search: [Google]
crash.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2304
>>15348446
Yeah about 10 years ago, 100% my fault. car in front of me stopped at a green light for some reason and I wasn't paying attention. I really miss that old Camry, wish I had more pics of it before I wrecked it. I don't know how fast I was going, maybe about 35mph. Car I hit was a early 2000s Bonneville, only had a cracked bumper and damaged exhaust, no airbag deployment. Chick driving it went to the hospital because she said her neck hurt, honestly she was really hamming it up and didn't start to complain until the police arrived. I think she sued my insurance company for additional damages.
>>
>>15348586
Stupid question, but who do you call when you're in an accident if it isn't emergency? Do you still call 911?
>>
>>15348658
Be the shitbird that calls up 911 anyway.

>THERE. IS. SO. MUCH. BLOOD.
>>
>>15348658
I called my local police station, have them saved as a contact for things like this.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_100403.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_100403.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
Semi decided to just merge into my lane. Had the car 5 weeks...also set a new record at the dealership for "Crashing a new WRX the fastest"
>>
File: IMG_20151130_100407.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_100407.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>15348687
>>
>>15348687
>gayflaps

You deserve it, homo.
>>
Ya but wasn't at fault
>driving down highway into town at 65 in a 80 zone because snowing
>coming up on intersection
>car pulls up to stop sign on my right ready to make left hand turn
>pulls right out in front of me without looking
>slam right into their rear quarter panel
>manage to keep car on road and avoid ditch
>park it on shoulder
>get out pissed right off that they could be that retarded and my car is now completely totaled
>women and her infant
>calm rage and ask if both are okay
>crying and scared (the mother) baby chilling not even giving a fuck
>Ambulance, RCMP several hours later
Everyone was fine and got 1200$ for the 200$ volvo 240 I was driving so I guess it worked out well.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_100355.jpg (3 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_100355.jpg
3 MB, 4160x3120
>>15348693
>>
>>15348718
>>get out pissed right off that they could be that retarded and my car is now completely totaled
>>women and her infant
>>calm rage and ask if both are okay
Holy shit, anon has a heart.
>>
File: jPkKXxm.jpg (656 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
jPkKXxm.jpg
656 KB, 2048x1536
Some nigger ran a light and I hit my brakes so I didnt get T-boned and ended up hitting him square in the B-pillar

>tfw my mint low mile Mark VII LSC got ruined because of a drunk faggot that took off when it happened
>>
No, because I'm not a stupid fucking nigger like the lot of you.
>>
>>15348482
what the fuck do you drive that a pothole bent your frame but didnt send you into a ditch
>>
File: 4kYO0Gl.jpg (491 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
4kYO0Gl.jpg
491 KB, 2048x1536
>>15348741
>>
>>15348730
MAke sure their okay first, then rage at them.

But I ended up not doing it since she was pretty shaken and could tell she already felt like garbage for what she did having put her child in danger.
She was wreck the entire time the EMT's were checking us out to make sure we were okay.

In the end her cars fucked, her insurance went up, she wont trust herself driving with her kid anymore and her husband will give her a reining in so I gave her a break on my end and just said "be more careful when you're driving, especially with an infant"
>>
>>15348746
I have hit bumps so high I have caught air. Had it happen a couple times a year in CA.

>One time I was hooning
>Hit huge yump, keep my foot in it.
>Bounce off rev limiter in mid air
>Land
>RPMS go down 1000

It sounded so WRC, probably terrible for my car though
>>
>>15348687
Couldn't you see him moving over and floor it to clear him? You were passing too slow faggot.
>>
>>15348785
Nope. He hit me from the back and side. There were vehicles in front of me. He was also in the middle lane for some reason and was about to miss his exit he admitted.
>>
>>15348762
Cool story but you never said what kinda car.
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1536x2048
Got hit head on by an eager beaver trying to get over to the left turn late and crossing the yellow centre line to cut off the people who wished to go straight, he was going like 60 or more, I was in first gear going through the intersection had right away from a stoplight that turned green, got a new turbo SS that old black one was a SC
>>
File: 2016-06-28 19.56.38.jpg (1 MB, 1885x1060) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-28 19.56.38.jpg
1 MB, 1885x1060
>Little girl pulled out from a side street without looking I guess.
>Braked, but not enough time.
>Hit the front of her car with the front of mine.
>Her insurance agent says my fault.
>Indian accent, call center, cant pronounce my name.
>Confirmed for not knowing the laws in this country.
>Somehow my fault, no in monies because I'd dropped full coverage 3 days prior for liability so I could insure another car I bought for gf.
>Going to Nashville to pick up fender tomorrow.
>Should have her back together next week.
>I'm sure the 16 year old girl got a rental, new car, etc.
>But fuck me I guess.

So pissed off.
>>
>>15348800
Miata
>>
File: WP_20150220_001.jpg (774 KB, 1919x1085) Image search: [Google]
WP_20150220_001.jpg
774 KB, 1919x1085
>>15348446
> BFE northern California
> Try to miss object in road
> Going 20 in a 25
> ABS flips out
> Slide into ditch

Would have been fine, and just needed a winch out and maybe a new bumper cover, except for the big fucking boulders under the grass.

> Insurance estimate - $31,000 for repair
> Pushed front sub-frame 2" back
> Broken motor and trans mounts
> Intercooler removed by rock
> LOTS of other damage.
>>
>>15349028
>dead wagon
makes me happy, thanks for posting
>>
>>15348849
Attorneys are a thing...
>>
>>15349035
Yeah, well, I bought another one, so fuck you.
>>
The worst car acciddent I had was in LA.
He was a chink, hit us with a van that wasn't his, it belong to the company he worked for.

>be in LA
>in passenger seat
>see van next us
>chink is texting on his phone while driving
>tell brother that chink is stupid and he is probably going to crash
>1 minute later he crashes into us
>chink didn't see the city bus in front of him stop because he was on his phone
>he told us he'll give us $1k to not get insurance involved
>nah fuck that
>ended up costing his insurance $1.5k to fix my brother's car
>>
>>15349049
Hopefully you also crash it in an slow and embarrassing manner.

Still happy btw
>>
File: halel.jpg (73 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
halel.jpg
73 KB, 531x471
>>15348446
>2010
>driving 94 suburban
>behind '10 Toyota highlander with TX plates at a stoplight
>had just rained after a long dry spell. slick asphalt
>line is long and were in the back end
>get to the intersection and the light turns yellow
>tex slams on the brakes
>I do too
>glorious 16yo GM engineering locks its brakes and I slide into the Toyota
>light lasts another 6 seconds
>KS is a shared fault state
>she gets fined for impeding traffic, I get it fined for tailgating
>approx. $3300 in damages to the Toyota
>$75 for a bumper for the chevy and I replace it myself
>$10 increase in insurance
>mfw the end result
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
This happened to a lady who thought she could sneak between my trailer and a curb while I was turning. Trailer was fine. She only had liability and was furious when she got the ticket.

9/10 times it's a woman who does dumb shit around the trucks. They just don't understand how trailers work.
>>
>>15349189
when will the women meme end?
>>
>>15349189
I saw this happen when I was a merchandiser. Beer truck was leaving a grocery store parking lot and some lady tried to hop in with her crossover mom-mobile. That trailer suddenly got a lot wider.

Of course she gets the crying baby out, a crowd gathers, "OMG R U OK!?!?" She placed herself and her baby into mortal danger and the delivery driver's apparently the dipshit that can't drive, of course.

I never saw that driver on that route again, so who knows? I would assume they have some kind of zero tolerance policy, even when retards run into you.
>>
>>15348495
/Thread
>>
>>15349189
Pepsifag exactly fucking fat do you have to be to name yourself after a fucking soft drink you fat fucking slob?
>>
>>15349208
Like all stereotypes, it is about 80% true

>>15349220
Idk what our policy is anymore. Used to be no more than 3 at-fault accidents within 24mos and no accidents the first 90 days but now they apply some dollar amount to it as well.

Never had an at-fault though so I'm not sure. Got my little "Safe Driver" award right after that.

>>15349232
Not sure. As fat as MuhV6? Or maybe just the size of the average 4chan user.
>>
>be me
>university student
>just finished up exams
>going home for christmas holidays 2012
>tired af so let girlfriend drive
>little chevy aveo
>not the most stylish but cheap to maintain and reliable
>hit patch of black ice on highway
>fishtail and hit a snowbank and roll
>oncoming traffic and vehicles behind us
>truck from highways commission plowing snow and ice just a few kms behind us
>luckily didnt hit any vehicles but aveo was totalled
>use insurance money to buy an older more stylish Impala SS
>tinted windows leather seats spacious
>hell yeah motherfucker
>today let mother use car
>she gets rear ended by impaired driver
>everyone is fine. Not sure about impaired guy. Idgaf
>car is totally fucked
>start claim
>hoping insurance covers cost of next vehicle
>possibly buy a nissan maxima with insurance money
>never letting anyone drive my vehicles again

Had photos of Aveo on old phone. Havent seen Impala yet.
>>
File: tot.jpg (96 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
tot.jpg
96 KB, 604x453
>Be idiot fucking 19 year old fresh out of high school
>Driving E30 down a country road with two deep ditches on either side (think "causeway") doing about 55
>Phone is in center console
>Phone buzzes
>Lean over to check it because fucking idiot 19 year old
>Left hand comes with me
>Steering wheel comes with me
>Car goes over into ditch
>Instead of slamming brakes, try to turn car back onto road
>Car comes back up onto the road sideways at about 50
>Nose first into opposite ditch
>Car basically does a double kickflip and lands with nose pointed wrong way on other side of road
>Car is fucked
>I'm totally fine

Unfortunately all I have is a shitty facebook photo. Wear your seatbelts and don't text and drive, kids.
>>
>>15349281
I get extremely nervous when a woman drives my car and I can see that they're kinda unsure about the driving
>>
>>15349269
Fuckin fatty
>>
>>15348495
>>15349226

Everyone was a bad driver at some point
>>
>>15348495
/thread
>>
The sign said take the corner at 20, but I'd like to see something other then a Lotus take it that fast. Its radius was literally less then a road width because it went to one lane after the curve started. If I ever find the drunk who paved that Im gonna kill him.
>>
I'm 24 and I've been in three accidents and I've totalled 2 cars. First was a light tap with no damage. First car I totalled was my mom's G6 when I was 17. We were driving and hit a patch of gravel that wasn't in the road a few hours earlier. Back spun out snd I over corrected. Went into the ditch, spun s few 360s through an electric fence into an empty farmers yard. Turns out there was a telephone pole in the ditch thst caught the rear bumper of the car when it bottomed out in the ditch and ripped the rear end off the car. Also the electric fence somehow was still hot when we came to a stop so everytime I would touch metal the fence would jump into me. I finally got out snd ended up with a piece of it wrapped around my leg. Took me a few shocks to realize what the fuck was going on.

Second car was my Envoy this winter. Was on my way to work pulling onto the highway. It had been super bad ice/snow storms but the roads had all been clear up to me getting on the highway. Hit a patch of black ice coming off the on ramp. Slid the back out from behind me and I proceeded to bounce between the walls on the bridge for a few hundred feet before sliding up on the right side and stopping. Front end was totally fucked. Super glad I totalled that thing though. Insurance paid me 2 grand more than it was worth and it was a gas monster snd shit was starting to fail sll over the place
>>
>>15348836
It says ss on the door anon. Did you rebadge your vehicle?
>>
Actually just got in an accident today, my first, a couple hours ago. Technically I was at fault, since I "didnt yield right of way". Turned left going 5 mph, old white lady going 30 mph hits my front fender. Couldn't see her since car next to her was stopped, essentially giving me the go. Airbags deployed , but I was fine. She broke her arm and the whole shebang: cops, insurance, dindu nuffin. Ill see how bad it is tomorrow, but I feel naked without my GTO. I was actually posting earlier about fixing my busted O2 sensors. No picture but will post maybe tomorrow. Be careful out there bros.
>>
>>15348849
What did the police report say?
>>
>>15348718
Over here, that mother would have accused you of running the stop sign and hitting her. I've lost faith in people here. It used to be assume people are not going to deliberately screw you. Nowadays, due to how harsh the the economy is at offering chances for people to move up, almost everyone will tell lies to make it your fault.

So, your hitting that car was your fault for running the stop sign and hitting her rear quarter panel.
>>
Notori vinyl has totaled 3 Subaru's.
>>
>>15350065
Never fucking ever put any amount of faith in people. Every single mother fucker will fucking destroy you from the inside out the second they get the chance. People are fucking garbage
>>
File: 20160425_121807.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160425_121807.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>15350065
You're not alone, I can't trust anyone on the road anymore.

>sick as shit, called in from work
>wife at work
>go to store to buy stomach medicine
>some dumb lady backs into me
>clear as day, felt, heard, and seen she hit me
>drives forward and turns and speeds off
>have witnesses, store surveillance, and police report
>police say she ran cause of no insurance
>been over 2 months now
>still no report to sue dumb person in question

Fuck this gay Earth, my mint 74' Subaru is still dented to shit
>>
File: c2i_264201613537.png (576 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
c2i_264201613537.png
576 KB, 900x506
Old guy had to yield in a roundabout, didn't. Freshly started raining, no stopping power in old tires. Bumper, fender, bonnet, headlight, bumper supports fubar. All fixed now, got 1200€ from insurance.
>>
Does motorcycle count?

>be lanesplitting between 3-4 lanes getting ready to exit freeway
>lady in a pt cruiser changes lanes without signal
>puckerup.jpg
>i ram into passenger side of her car
>manage to keep bike up and pull to the shoulder
>lady cry
>is ok lady

She bought me a burger from 5 guys after it was all over. Not bad desu.
>>
>>15348746

It did grab my tire and pull me but I was able to correct my steering and stay on the road. It hit so hard that my front tire actual punched up my fender and broke it loose.
>>
File: my life.jpg (28 KB, 600x726) Image search: [Google]
my life.jpg
28 KB, 600x726
>>15350149

Ah shit, I remember this story, your Subbie is honestly one of the nicest cars I've seen on /o/, alomng with that guy's R32 GTR on black TE37s, sorry for your loss bro.

Can you please post more pics of it along with some interior shots? what was it?
>>
>>15348468
That ain't cheesy, that's REAL.
>>
File: IMG_20160611_172417.jpg (1 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160611_172417.jpg
1 MB, 4160x2340
>>15350164
Repair operation was nice.
>>
File: 2014-07-18 18.49.39 (Copy).jpg (299 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2014-07-18 18.49.39 (Copy).jpg
299 KB, 1920x1080
>picking up roommate from work in my 2.slow Jetta
>pretty rainy, roads really wet
>electrical problems because lolVW so ABS is fucked
>driving in the far right light on the Interstate
>Lexus in front of me, about three car lengths ahead, not going very fast because wet
>passing an exit
>Lexus fucking SLAMS on the brakes hard as fuck
>I panic and do the same
>almost come to a complete stop, but lightly skid into the Lexus
>look to the right of it and some fucking cunt took the exist at the last second, causing the Lexus to do what it did
>first ever accident at 25 years old
>freaking out and shit
>Lexus guy is a doctor and wasn't mad at all
>didn't even go through insurance
>got a ticket because rear enders are always at fault

Damage was minor. The hood release tab shattered because it was plastic and the grille got all cracked up. Headlight brackets also snapped.

It was my first and only ticket ever.
>>
>>15348446
I remember a few years ago, my Brother was visiting and with mom and dad we went to visit my cousins. Dad had a nice white third Gen Escort Wagon. He dozed off at the wheel and we crashed into the guy in front of us. His car was fine, just lost the bumper, sadly ours was totalled, and it was already an old car so it wasnt worth fixing anyway.

shame, car was good.
>>
File: Blazer 2.jpg (87 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
Blazer 2.jpg
87 KB, 960x720
1st one:
>Turning left out of a parking lot
>No one in sight
>Get about halfway across the road
>Suddenly slammed and sent spinning into grass median
>>
File: Blazer 3.jpg (418 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Blazer 3.jpg
418 KB, 2048x1536
>>15350405
2nd one:
>About 3 months later
>Had found another blazer with some minor front end damage and low miles.
>Bought it for $900 and fixed it
>Driving down highway
>Woman pulls out of side road into me
>Dog in her lap, on phone, no insurance

Still haven't found another Blazer in such good condition for so cheap. Once it was fixed it was perfect
>>
File: D21.jpg (21 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
D21.jpg
21 KB, 640x478
dont have a picture from after but one winter some woman went through a yield sign and i T-boned her Audi. her fender got dented and my front end got smooshed looking full down syndrome

said she didnt want to go through insurance, i didnt either, i said just give me $250 and i'll go to the junkyard and get a new hood etc thats it. truck drove fine and my radiator was even untouched, where i am in Canada its legal to drive like that as long as your lights still work

pocketed the $250, drove it like that for a few months, then saw one part of the frame starting to break. kept driving it since nobody would take the liability on welding a patch over it, frame broke in half when i was leaving work, i drove home in 2nd gear with the truck sagged in half and the rear wheels locked up from the E-brake cable being pulled by the frame

fucking tough truck though, thing owed the world nothing. D21 was the best pickup Nissan made
>>
File: rav4.jpg (996 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
rav4.jpg
996 KB, 2048x1152
Still sad bout this. Left turn other car ran the red bam. So traumatized that I only take places where street lights have the right turn arrow now.
>>
>>15350065
I don't think OP had a stop sign. From his story it sounds like only the mom had a stop sign and pulled out into oncoming traffic
>>
File: goodbye86.jpg (279 KB, 508x946) Image search: [Google]
goodbye86.jpg
279 KB, 508x946
>Got into a wreck
>Afraid to drive now

Pic is me when my car was being towed home
>>
Nope, worst so far is a small scrape on some other car at a blind junction. Pulled like usual to a stop sign, except I was driving my mom's car (troubleshooting some issues) and it has like a meter more of bonnet. Ended up making a nice long mark on the other car and just nicking the plate holder off the car I was driving.

Many close calls though.
>>
>>15350495
I know that feel bro, the worst is making other mistakes when stressed to shit. Ultimately all I can say is that the more you drive the better it will get, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there, it took me a while to get over it.
>>
File: IMG_0925.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0925.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Deer at 65mph. Pissed me the fuck off because the car was all original and very straight before this bullshit
>>
File: IMG_0644.jpg (748 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0644.jpg
748 KB, 2048x1536
>>15351160
And that pic was taken after I had straightened and pounded out the crushed front end.

Also, pic related happened because I parked at the top of a hill without using the e-brake and the thing rolled down backwards, literally flew off a cliff, and landed upside down. No one was in it, and I was at the bottom of the hill when it happened and got to watch my beloved samurai die right before my eyes. It missed my friend's parked truck by a couple feet
>always use the e-brake
>>
Rear ended some cunt last week. low speed but car was written off.
A couple of seconds poor attention was all it took.

RIP in peace, Was almost perfetc work ute.
>>
Hit a deer in one at about 45 mph, not much happened.

Current car is a tiny glassbox with 2 front airbags (previous had none) so I'm afraid in case of a crash I won't die but will suffer.
>>
File: DSCN0681.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
DSCN0681.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Ran into intersection. Was so heated after getting fired from job that I didn't even realize the intersection was there and hit a US Postal carrier in personal vehicle.
>>
File: dsgdfg.jpg (37 KB, 949x604) Image search: [Google]
dsgdfg.jpg
37 KB, 949x604
>be me
>in a parking lot with dads car
>turning right on spot
>car doesnt turn enough so i back up a bit and then turn more
>hear sounds identical to soda cans crushing and hit brake immediately
>"i guess i fucked up"
>park the car and see damage
>the right rear door had been pushed in and the size was about the palm of your hand

anyway it was repaired but dad wasnt that pissed about it. also pic related
>>
>>15350149
track her down and blow her windows out in the middle of the night; street justice.
>>
File: truck1.jpg (106 KB, 844x633) Image search: [Google]
truck1.jpg
106 KB, 844x633
Not my own car but I did this. Dashboard went into my shins and fucked both my legs. Firefighters arrived and had to use THREE jaws of life at once to get me out.

It's just about three months later and I'm almost walking again..
>>
I flipped my gf's moms' car into a ditch because i thought i was dagumi
>>
1. 75 dart into a lightpole, went over a speedbump and my knee hit the column about where the ignition is at. steering lock broke -> crash. had to replace hood, drivers side fenders, bumper.
2. 65 volvo amazon wrapped around a tree driving around the backroads while drunk, was a rusty piece of shit and nothing of value was
lost
3. slid a 79 MB 300d into a ditch on the first snow. still not sure how exactly this shit happened, i had decent enough studded tires and all and i was going down the hill _slow_ to park. it just kept sliding and sliding like a motherfucker, steering and brakes doing exactly jackshit. I had enough time to light a cigarette during that stupid slowmotion crash.
had to replace grille, bumper, headlight, fender.
>>
>>15351704
jej
>>
>not paying attention becuase just planned a date with super out of my league chick
>at intersection
>thought arrow turned green, was just a green light
>turn left
>lady who was also not paying attention and never touched her brakes rips my rear bumper off
Insurance deemed me partially at fault.
>>
>>15348718
Where did you get a volvo 240 for $200?
>>
>>15351806
we need to pay that or more to get rid of the damn things
>>
>>15348726
You look gay.
>>
>>15350174
Not bad for almost dying.
My friend died when that happened to him last week.
>>
File: 1455054838579.jpg (729 KB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1455054838579.jpg
729 KB, 2448x2448
>>15348762
>It sounded so WRC
I just choked on my froot loops because that was fucking hilarious
>>
Had a deer run into the driver side of my car while i was doing 45. Saw it last second hit brakes swerved the little bit i could (roadwork) but wasn't enough

Deer's head goes through driver window showering me in glass and left a bunch of blood on random parts of the interior and one kick to the back dr side door left a dent. Get glass replaced same day meh
>>
>>15352273
RIP Bikebro, shit sucks
>>
>>15348446
No not yet thankfully.
I was very bad at parking initially though and I've broken one of the mirrors and scraped my car once.
>>
File: 44.jpg (221 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
221 KB, 1600x1200
Me not, but my Dad once entered the garage like this. Front door repainted, rear replaced.
>>
>>15352624
What car is this?
>>
>>15352023
Whats wrong with them? I really like that style and ive heard they last forever
>>
>>15352652
What a shame not to know meme cars.
>>
>>15352673
Looks like a Sandero tbqh
>>
>>15352678
Yes it is
>>
>>15352703
What do you think of it?
I only rode in one that was used as a TAXI. Cheaply made car obviously, but comfortable to sit in.
However, the rear suspension was very bouncy and unsure on the road, maybe it was a problem with that particular car, but it didn't feel stable.
>>
5 years and 50 000 km with no issues except one bulb in headlight. Rear suspension is not comfy, I agree. And the seat made of very stiff material. On the contrary, front suspension is almost indifferent to road defects, very comfortable. And I can`t say that this car is unstable. Furthermore, the handling in all conditions is much better than can be expected from such cheap and simple car. No climate control, but AC and heater works good. My main complaints are aerodinamic and engine noise on highway speeds and ABS which activates too early and releases brakes too much. I do not require much from cars and mostly like this little thing.
>>
>>15352973 ---> >>15352720
>>
>>15350241
Its a 1974 Subaru DL 1.4 liter 4speed.

Was nearly perfect until that incident
>>
I remember driving my first season in the winter with bald all season tires
>driving from uni after classes got cancelled from storm
>roads are still getting salted,streets were almost entirely empty
>me being the dumbshit fuccboi decided to "Hoon" on the empty residential streets
>mfw doing 40 in a 25 on freshly coasted snow roads yet unsalted in a 96 nissan maxima
>up ahead, car decides to join the street without even fucking waiting
>HOLY SHIT NIGGER IM PRESSING THE BRAKES AND NOTHINGS HAPPENING
>car sliding into frozen snowpile from previous snowstorm from 2 weeks before.
>slide into snow arch and car goes on 2 wheels from passanger side before landing back normally, car didn't flip but rather just used the snowarch as one of those emergency brake ramps
>sit there for a solid 2 minutes realising what the fuck happened before getting out of car.
>notice two people 30 foot steps away already shoving their driveway, seeing the entire fucking thing in shock
>Just laugh like a maniac and lay down on the snow and halfway crumbled icearch

I went to Church that week, I wasn't suppose to get away with it, but I did. Frame rail on driver side was fucked, but car worked fine otherwise.
>>
Been driving for just about 6 years (regularly and lots of long drives) and haven't had an accident but have been very close numerous times. From someone almost t-boning me/about to pull out and hit me to nearly running someone over. Lucky so far I suppose.
>>
File: 2eb.png (256 KB, 500x397) Image search: [Google]
2eb.png
256 KB, 500x397
>be waiting at a red light to make a left turn
>something (to this day, I still have no idea) prompts me to believe the light is green and that I can turn
>roll into the intersection and get btfo by an F150, would've killed me if I'd rolled a few feet further
>certain I had a green light until 2 witnesses state otherwise
>literally sick with shock, disbelief and disgust in myself for like 3 months afterwards

Being 100% at fault is not a good feel
>>
File: IMAG0025.jpg (155 KB, 1211x908) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0025.jpg
155 KB, 1211x908
>>15353227
I know that feel, something similar happened to me as well.

>Drive to work early as fuck (Still dark) in the morning.
>Construction crew occupying the right lane in the highway, merge left
>Don't notice light turned red just as I'm getting to the intersection.
>Get t-boned by driver going straight
>Spin at 50+ miles per hour, hit the start of the concrete divider on the highway with my passanger-side headlight
>Airbags deployed
>Spin once or twice on the road, hit sidewalk, take down a sign.

Thankfully no one was injured, got a ticked for careless driving that I managed to talk down to just the fee and no point penalty on my license (First time offender).

To this day I blame the lighting the construction crew had set up, lots and lots of flashing yellow lights, I probably saw the light turn yellow at the intersection and subconciosly dismissed it as another construction light. But I kept being haunted by "what if" I still remember having a recurring nightmare of me being just half a second late coming to the intersection and t-boning the other car at 50+ MPH instead.
>>
ive personally crashed 3 cars

but ive been in like 6 accidents iirc
>>
>>15354144
pathetic
>>
i crash my bikes about once a year

the worst was going through a construction zone, the ground was wet but i didn't know and my tire spun out and i went out of control, i was heading for a couple workers so a bailed into a dirt pile

was super embarrassing but aside from an elbow scrape the bike and i were fine
>>
>Drive safely
>Get into a couple crashes that were partly my fault
>People would view me as a bad driver
>Constantly have to ride in cars where the driver is a complete fucking retard and makes 5-10 cars take evasive action as to not crash into aforementioned retard
>They somehow have a spotless record and are considered good drivers
>>
>>15354251
>cars take evasive action as to not crash into aforementioned retard
Not to mention I do this at least 5 times a drive to avoid accidents that would be 100% not my fault. One day I'm just going to plow into those retards running stop signs at my university and collect a 20k check from their insurance
>>
Driving with a friend on the way home, stopped at a light. Some stupid cunt wasn't paying attention and plowed a rental Truck through the intersection, smashing us straight in the ass.
>>
>ctrl-f
>"dashcam"
>0 results
>>
>>15348687
Doesn't look that bad for what you're saying desu.
>>
>>15354320
Sorry we don't live in a shithole like Russia where these are needed just so people don't scam you by faking injuries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cROLP8wlzb8
>>
File: 20151231_160401.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151231_160401.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
I was coming around a downward sloping curve with the road covered in ice, front wheels lost traction and I slid into the side of the bed on a truck that was coming around the opposite direction. I felt stupid for being on that road in the first place, and even worse for crashing. Pic related was the damage on my truck.
>>
Iv been in 3 accidents, all of them no fault where the other person paid for all damaged. 2 of them were totaled.

I wish people would stop fucking hitting me
>>
>70km/h zone
>bogan woman in dirt encrusted magna in front of me gets cut off by a guy coming in from a T intersection
>I notice and start braking
>suddenly realize she's coming to a COMPLETE STOP
>BRAKE HARD
>TOO SLOW

Turns out she didn't have insurance and I had to buy a new car out of pocket.
>>
>>15348748
Sorry for that anon. It looks fixable though, right?
>>
>>15350149
You in hollywood familia?
>>
>>15349270
use the insurance to get an police auction caprice. i just got a 2012 for 2k, its a 6.0 V8 RWD, Literally impala+hektic
>>
Just got in accident the other day - TX/US. Anyone know best case scenario/probability of getting other person's insurance (assuming they have some) to pay for some of my damage if I "didnt yield" turning onto their lane while the cars next to them were stopped. They plowed into me at 30 mph coming to a red light.
>>
File: goodnightsweetprince.jpg (97 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
goodnightsweetprince.jpg
97 KB, 960x540
>>15355112
>be me, around 9pm on day 1 of 30 days of leave while I PCS move to my new base.
>waiting to turn left to get some fucking Zaxby's in one of those yellow "turn either way" lanes
>spot an appropriately sized lull in traffic and make my left turn.
>hipster faggot in a 08 Nissian Juke WITHOUT HIS LIGHTS ON plows into the side of me at 50mph.
>based heavy chevy scoots maybe 2 feet from the impact, then I complete my turn and park at the Zaxby's
>other faggot spun 3 times and his entire front end exploded. airbags and everything.
>mfw my side windows didn't even break nor did my airbags deploy. no check engine light, not even a steering pull.

this picture is when i drove it to safelight to get the windshield replaced and continue my roadtrip. turns out the juke bent a pinch weld at the top of the windshield just enough to preclude a replacement. I ended up driving it all the was from Charleston, SC to SW Florida like this without an issue before USAA called it "financially totaled". RIP Vlad The Impala 2008-2016
>>
>>15348491
>going a little bit too fast.

Maybe leave 2-3 car spaces and apply brakes harder? Same shit happened to my friend and I was riding shotgun. Cars in front literally came into a quick halt while he was just slowing down slowly. I knew we were going to crash because of the speed we were going and we only had 2 car spaces... the car behind us crashed into us and then it made a 4 car wreck.

Guess whos fault?
My friend's.
>>
>Not me but, my brother.
>Fiending for heroin.
>Not paying attention,
>Hits mexican guy's pickup truck.
>He was so scared and freaked out.
>He got so paranoid he would stop at green lights.

Unrelated but, rather scary
>Had night shift job.
>Had to take freeway to get there.
>Leave a little bit earlier then normal.
>See motor cycle laying on side of the road.
>See Escalade
>Ohh..
>See driver looking over the body of a women.
>Get to work.
>"Damn a Caddy SUV hit a Suzuki cycle... She ded"

Yeah she ded.
>>
File: download_20151005_174338.jpg (598 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
download_20151005_174338.jpg
598 KB, 2592x1944
>>15348446
I wasn't, but my mom was a few months back, since I have pics I'll share the story

>mom had driven down to SC to pick up my grandparents
>now driving back home with frail as fuck 90 year old grandmother in front seat
>passing through some small ass town in Virginia panhandle
>on a 2 lane road (1 north bound lane, 1 southbound lane), passes under a larger highway, exit ramp comes down to merge into 2 lane road
>teenage girl on her cell phone comes down ramp and merges into the road without so much as looking left
>girl merges in right where my mom's car is, mother has to take car up on raised concrete median to avoid being completely sideswiped by this chick
>takes her c class up on the median going about 45-55, promptly mows over one of those green metal road sign giving distance to next down
>chick on cell phone finally realizes what's up and freaks out
>panic stops in the middle of, guy behind her has to take his F-350 into the ditch on the right hand side to keep from destroying her Sentra

Amazingly, it didn't deploy the airbags, or my grandmother would have probably gotten seriously hurt. Damage ended up totalling mom's C Class, guy in the F-250 stayed to give report to police, girl ended up getting slammed with 3 different tickets, I know one was reckless driving.
>>
File: Pic - 20.jpg (2 MB, 1800x1350) Image search: [Google]
Pic - 20.jpg
2 MB, 1800x1350
>>15355773
Front driver side tire had a nice little bubble in it from taking the median at speed
>>
File: Pic - 09.jpg (1 MB, 1800x1015) Image search: [Google]
Pic - 09.jpg
1 MB, 1800x1015
>>15355786
>>15355773
last photo
>>
File: 1461540602089.gif (1 MB, 244x109) Image search: [Google]
1461540602089.gif
1 MB, 244x109
>>15348491
>>
>>15354357
I constantly try to downhill my D21, but I have never had the chance to encounter anything that resembles winter. Any tips on what to expect on handling? I'm the base 2WD, so I'm fucked.
>>
File: rekt.jpg (559 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
559 KB, 2048x1536
not 3 weeks ago, departed on a trip to the SW. About 150 miles south of my house on the interstate

Bought the car for $2800, absolutely fucking pristine Special Edition Miata with factory BBS wheels, leather, Nardi interior trim. 90k miles spent in California

>traffic is dense but still going 75
>2-3 car lengths between cars
>Prius in front of me swerves hard, revealing like a 35" jeep tire/wheel sitting upright in the middle of the fucking lane

>taught to just hit a tire instead of swerving in driving school
>fuckthat.jpg
>swerve into shoulder, suddenly see there's cars just fucking lining the shoulder
>swerve back into lane immediately, narrowly missing a shoulder car

>dry rotted, bald Chinese economy tires that I had been too cheap to replace

>snap oversteer, correct to full lock but I just spin and slide backwards

>try my best to point it into the ditch

>fucking BANG

Slammed ass end of a brand new Chevy Sonic Turbo with passenger's fender area

Sonic fucking rekt, crumpled to the c-pillar

Miata holds up surprisingly well, but obvious total

30 seconds after i exit my car, visibly in pain as i crumple to the ground (knee slammed the fuck out of the console at ~65mph at impact). A nigger comes up,
>hey dawg can I borrow a lug wrench
>wha... what the fuck
>just give it back when you're done man

Open my trunk, give the nigger the lug wrench. No "thank you", just starts walking towards his car.
It's some absolutely niggered out JK that lost a fucking WHEEL on the interstate

Nigger that is the reason I wrecked my car then proceeds to steal my lug wrench while we're getting shit figured out with 5-0.

Shit cherry on top of the shit cake

$170 ticket and 2 points for careless driving

insurance is giving me 5k for the car though, can't say I'm too disappointed.

Wish I had my fucking Miata though, as much as it is a meme-machine that thing was fucking heavenly living in the canyons. only got 2000 miles out of it
>>
>>15357867
>taught to just hit a tire instead of swerving
Pay more attention in class next time.
>give the nigger the lug wrench
You helped the at-fault person get away and deserve those two points.
>>
Subframe cracked on my 450sl where the a-arm attaches and I lost steering and went into a brick wall at 30 mph

walked away from it
>>
>>15357867
>Driving a vehicle with dry chinese economy tires

You brought it on yourself, if you hadn't been cheap and change the tires you would still have your miata.
>>
File: bunch of fucking niggers.jpg (161 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
bunch of fucking niggers.jpg
161 KB, 1136x852
>>15357924
>Pay more attention in class next time.

what
>give the nigger the lug wrench

I mean I didn't know the nigger was the one that effectively fucked me, was still in shock and just gave the guy the fuckin wrench

>>15358013
no fucking shit thanks
>>
File: sanic.jpg (150 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
150 KB, 1136x852
>>15358111
>>
File: is this rare life.jpg (91 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
is this rare life.jpg
91 KB, 600x800
>>15355218
>Vlad The Impala
Have one of my rares
>>
>>15349281
Your part of the reason why e30s are going up price, dumb shit
>>
File: image.jpg (113 KB, 637x575) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
113 KB, 637x575
>>15348446
>driving freeway at night
>just about to get onto right lane to exit freeway
>hear tires squealing from behind me
>don't register what's going on
>guy comes up from behind me sparks flying everywhere
>his car is swerving all over freeway
>his car swerved right in front of me
>had no time to get around
>make contact
>start moving towards center concrete divider
>hit that shit head on going like 45 mph
>no airbags, flimsy old seatbelts
Was actually injured pretty bad.
Pic is before accident
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 623x585) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 623x585
>>15358231
This pic is after
>>
>Try push the car because it stalled and wouldn't start.

>Car goes roles down hill

>Try get inside to put on the brakes

>Can't get inside

>Grab the steering wheel enough to steer it into a tree to avoid hurting someone or damaging expensive cars.

>car was written off.
>>
>>15357867
Did you even explain to the police that there was a tire in the middle of the road?
>>
>>15348446
>ever crashed your car?
Yes.

>Staurday nite
>driving between parties.
>Was already drunk.
>listening to loud musics
>trying to be mr. badass with fast cool car cruisin' thru town.
>drive past some cute girlies walking by
>brain in cranium shuts down
>dickbrain autopilot takes over
>smash accelerator to the floor
>proceed to fish tail out of control
>spinning out in circles while still flying down the street
>only come to a complete stop 1000 feet later by wrapping car around a conveniently located light pole
>everyone drives by and laughs
>Badge of shame awarded on that nite
>>
>>15358245
>Can't get inside

How couldn't you get inside? Did you let it roll for too long to get too high speed or what?

Couldn't you just lean inside and pull the handbrake?
>>
>>15348545
I also spun out on the freeway once in traffic
pretty terrifying experience
>>
>>15355112
just looked it up

3.6 V6 that makes 301hp or an optional 6.0 V8 that makes 355.

wut
>>
File: Sierrawikipedia.jpg (678 KB, 2512x1272) Image search: [Google]
Sierrawikipedia.jpg
678 KB, 2512x1272
>>15348446
hit a guardrail going full Takumi on my Sierra.

outer shell of the right indicator and part of the front bumper went to shit, nothing serious. don't drift with fuck up +10 year old tires, bruh. skids so sick gotta start learning moonrunes.
>>
>>15349632
you were at fault for a car (that you couldn't see) not paying attention and not noticing that you were in front of them?
>>
>>15357867
>$170 ticket and 2 points for careless driving
that's fucking bullshit
how were you careless if you couldn't see the fucking tire until it was right in front of you?
>>
File: 20150727_182828.jpg (2 MB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
20150727_182828.jpg
2 MB, 4128x3096
Dumped a few bikes
>>
>>15351160
Damn, sorry to hear about the `8b anon.
>>
>>15358371
Car was rolling too fast.

It's a story I don't really tell people..

One of the most retarded things ive ever done.
>>
I had a small moment
>>
File: an_illustration.jpg (55 KB, 620x704) Image search: [Google]
an_illustration.jpg
55 KB, 620x704
>>15358281
>>15358532
I shit you fucking not this was the pig's response when i asked him why the fuck i was getting a ticket

"Nobody else crashed, next time just hit the tire"

Court date is in a couple of months, protesting the fuck out of that.

Pic related what happened
Prius avoided the tire before it was in the middle of the lane,

I was not about to hit a fuckhueg tire in my stock Miata at highway speed, any number of terrible scenarios could happen

Even if it just bounced off (a car traveling 75mph) it could have easily dropped to the oncoming side of the interstate about 10 ft below the southbound lane as it was a hilly area

Wouldn't want to cause a brick through the windshield scenario if yknow what i mean
>>
>>15358868
You def should take that pic with you when you go to the court.
>>
>>15358868
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iazTQVi1CEE

what he means
>>
2003 sunfire, I crashed it about 2 months AFTER i sold it to a friend.

Fell asleep at the wheel driving us home from a friends wedding. he was asleep too, we suffered almost no serious injury. mostly bumps scrapes. no broken bones.
>>
>>15358887
heads up to anybody who hasn't seen this
try to resist the urge to watch it
>>
>>15358893
You can watch it without sound
>>
File: rip.jpg (128 KB, 1136x852) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
128 KB, 1136x852
>>15358889
gnarly, any pics of the drivers side?

another just for fun
>>
>>15355793
did you sell her a second hand dodge rolling on 20s at 26.9% APR?
>>
>>15348741

Why didn't you chase him down?
>>
>>15350065
>>15350149

Why are adults incapable of admitting fault? I remember one time when I was a kid we were parked in a gas station parking lot and some lady back up into us. She got out and said my mother was at fault because she shouldn't have been parked there. Some people.
>>
>>15359082
Because thats how Americans operate
>>
>>15358111
>just gave the guy the fuckin wrench
You are such a colossal faggot I cannot even believe it. Just take the fucking bus from now on, and don't forget to let Tyrone father your children for you.

Fag.
>>
>>15353227

I have a similar situation, but thankfully it didn't result in an accident. I was stopped at an intersection when I thought the light turned green. The guy in front of me started going so I did too, but someone drove into the intersection from the left and almost hit me. I am quite confident that I had the green light and the other guy ran the red, but I have no memory of what color the light was so I keep wondering if I just went because the dude in front of me did.
>>
File: 20141221_222741.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20141221_222741.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>15349281
Also E30 crash story

>bought the car for 400 euros
>its 316i with the shitty m40, but its a manuel and still feels great in the bends after some minor repairs
>body has near zero underbody or structural rust, arches are a bit shit though
>driving to my mechanics place to do some upgrades
>the fucking sun is shining right in my face
>sunglasses barely helping
>had rained recently
>the whole road is shining white
>can barely see anything
>notice some fucking pensioners couple of cars ahead of me breaking sometimes and driving slow
>keep on driving for some time
>shitty song comes on the radio
>gonna look a bit down to change to something less crap
>the fucking pensioners must have started to brake during the off ramp
>look up after a second, an suv in front of has slowed down to around 30km.h in an 70kmh strip of road due to the old fucks
>slam on the brakes
>wet road
>lol no ABS here m8
>get down to 50 and slam into the back of SUV
>pissed at myself as fuck for not looking and keeping enough distance
>deal with the insurance and drive back. needed to remove the fan shroud, shifting linkage had popped out of its spot, needed to hold up so that it wouldnt grind
>mechanic comes by to have a look
>says its minor crap, the fender was shit anyway
>dudes have repaired much worse

repaired it, daily drove it for 5 more months, put in parents garage until i have moneys to sand blast it and get the M42 swapped in. would like to stroke it to 2.0 liters while its out.
>>
File: ripndip-rug-5_1024x1024.jpg (163 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
ripndip-rug-5_1024x1024.jpg
163 KB, 400x400
>>15350065
This.
Was visiting family in a small town where apparently yield = stop. Accidentally rolled into a newer equinox while checking if the road was clear. I was going 5mph max when I bumped them.
The vehicle I was in wasn't damaged, but their bumper had popped out a bit. Exchanged insurance and assumed that was it.
Fuckers ended up suing for medical costs, insurance paid out an extra $1.5k to settle on top of their vehicle repairs (which were $300).
Jokes on them, their son (who was in the back seat when this happened) is autistic and they'll have to live with that for their life.
>>
>>15348849
>car I bought for my gf
Subtle bait 7/10
>>
Backed into a new S-class with my E36 320i and scratched paint. Left a number and "sorry" on a cigarette paper and glued it on the front window, but the number was to a Mercedes dealership.
>>
File: jeepcrash.jpg (63 KB, 1000x664) Image search: [Google]
jeepcrash.jpg
63 KB, 1000x664
>going straight on road like pic related
>guy tries driving straight across the road when I'm like 20-30 yards away while going 55mph
>lay on the brakes
>hit dude in the bed and spin him out
>gets out and is immediately sayings sorry it's my fault etc
>call cops to get a report for insurance
>jeep starts right up after all said and done
>drive it home just fine, almost overheats but doesn't
>get 3k a week or so later from the other dudes insurance company
was pretty good desu, my blue cherokee was rusted to fuck
>>
File: IMG_1300.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1300.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>15359385
>>
File: IMG_1303.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1303.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>15359389
>>
File: IMG950124.jpg (288 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG950124.jpg
288 KB, 1600x1200
>Just got cute lil pupper that morning
>Saint Bernard/Chocolate Lab mix
>Realize I have extactly 0 dog toys or bowls
>"Fuck it, lets go to Target"
>Almost decide to take him with, decide against it at last second
>Spend like 200 bucks on my new best friend
>Driving out of parking lot
>Look both ways
>Right as I start to turn out onto the merge lane a fucking Semi comes up the hill
>I'm already in traffic lane
>Specifically remember saying out loud "Oh fuck"

So mad. It was a total write off. I had gap insurance but I loved my baby.
>>
>>15359452
How is pupper doing?
>>
>>15349208
When they learn to drive.
>>
File: Lil Sleepy Bane.jpg (151 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Lil Sleepy Bane.jpg
151 KB, 640x480
>>15359479

Pupper is a god damned champ
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
fuckboi in a f250 backed into me at a light
>>
File: 20150524_083314.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
20150524_083314.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1440
>>15348446
Food truck was blocking the stop sign. Was on first gear at around 15 mph. Old man saw me and instead of stepping on the brakes he stepped on the gas. Got paid 1,200 for it...
>>
File: paul-walker-car-600.jpg (268 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
paul-walker-car-600.jpg
268 KB, 600x450
>>15348446
There was this time I let my friend drive to fake my death so I could get out of a shitty movie franchise.
>>
>>15359510
If you took that collar off would he die?
>>
File: 1297199080171[1].png (439 KB, 680x798) Image search: [Google]
1297199080171[1].png
439 KB, 680x798
>>15358111
>bunch of fucking niggers.jpg
Yeah, you sure sound like the average /pol/tard alright
>even remember being thought to just hit the tire and drive away with a broken radiator
>decide you're a special snowflake who knows better than actual professionals
>swerve "going 75 in dense traffic" because you care less about hurting other people than your paint job
>can't drive for shit but blames tires
>rekk a completely innocent bystander's car because you're an idiot
>pure luck that you didn't rekk their neck
>nigger asks to borrow your lug wrench
>you respond by being the literal embodiment of this classic
>>
File: 1442086908649.gif (13 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1442086908649.gif
13 KB, 500x500
i wish i already had my own car to fuck up

>curb rashing other peoples car even tho im extra careful of it

feel so fucking bad for these things, if it was my own car, i wouldnt have given a shit.
>>
>>15359982
Where is this? I see American cars, but the architecture (and "PARE" sign) confuses me.
>>
>>15358111
why are there so many basketball americans where you live?
>>
>>15360438
Common wealth of puerto rico
>>
>>15355773
unless there is frame damage i dont understand how that was totaled, looks like it needs a front bumper and a new fender and thats it
>>
>>15360558
Ah, that explains it.
>>
File: DSC_0315.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0315.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Didn't see a tall as fuck speed bump that had no painting on it while going 110kmh, my poor volvo c30 went flying and landed 11ft away from the bump, destroyed my oil pan and even after fixing it the car was never the same again
Pic is the car in the lifts with its botton open
>>
>>15348762
>It sounded so WRC
kek
>>
>>15348592
what kind of jeep is that
>>
>>15348849
This is why I'm going to get dash cams
>>
>>15360685
Grand Cherokee read the door.
>>
>>15349028
What is with German cars are shitty brakes?
>>
>>15349568
SC for supercharged SS. They made a supercharged and a turbod one
>>
Was driving on a wet road, thought like a retard.

>Pick up friend
>Get out to main road
>Jumping light to light about 30 on a 45 road
>Light ahead of me is green, think cars would start moving
>Scan road side to side for a second
>Look ahead
>Cars not moving
"Fuck me"
>Slide my 2003 Impala into a Hundai SUV
>Road dries off 10 minutes later
>Sorry Grandpa
>Friend goes home
>Cry over crashing grandfathers car that he gave me for a great price

Just bought an 04 Impala today. Fuck it. I like the car and I like the 3.8L V6s in them.
>>
>>15348545
Sounds like you had shit tyres
>>
>>15349270
>Aveo
>Impala
>Maxima
So you're black right?
>>
>>15362043
And/or shit suspension
>>
>going through drive through this morning
>sleepy as fuck
>those little poles so you don't get too close
>hit tip of side mirror on it

fuck
>>
I broke my phone at the same time as this crash so I couldn't take pictures (dropped it in a puddle while on the phone with insurance, just my luck)

>Be driving my manager back to his car from work because he had to park far away and I got a meter spot out front of the office
>Approach an intersection
>Keep in mind it's 11:30PM, pouring raining, and foggy
>Stop at stop sign
>Don't see any cars
>Drive forward
>BAM
>we're now facing the other way
>Look behind me
>There's a corolla making out with a telephone pole
>My front end is gone
>License plate flew almost 100 feet
>I ask my manager if he's alright
>He says yeah
>We get out of the car, my manager calls 911
>I run over to other car to see if they're okay, they start raging at me
>At first I truly thought it was my fault, just didn't think I saw the car so I start apologizing
>These people who lived right in front of where we hit step out of their house
>They come over to me, say "come over here"
>I follow them, they pull me away from the scene
>They start whispering
>"We saw the whole crash and have a security camera outside our house, that lady didn't have her headlights on and was flying down the road, we'll vouch for you when the police get here"
>Police arrive
>Step inside witnesses house
>Watch tape
>Comes back out
>Lady is now at fault, and gets a ticket for no headlights on
>I get a shit ton of money
>Not even mad because my BMW was about to have a bunch of expensive repairs that would of been more expensive than totaling my car even if I had been at fault
>Bitch even got what she deserved for not having her headlights on
>>
>be me
>only been crashed into (land cruiser ate a volvo)
>feels good, man
>>
File: 1447222109148.jpg (132 KB, 696x478) Image search: [Google]
1447222109148.jpg
132 KB, 696x478
No pics but...

>turned 16 and got my license right away
>week later roll car drifting on gravel roads

that was 11 years ago, since then:
>park new car in parking garage in downtown Chicago
>right rear bumper scratched and scuffed to hell
>one week passes
>park car in front of Irish pub in Chicago late at night
>return to car and other side of the bumper is fucked up from someone pulling out of the spot behind me
>mfw
>>
>>15348658
It really depends on the situation.

>Low speed crash, both parties calm, minor damage, not on a highway, or on a highway but not at peak times (such as 11 o clock, or 4am)

Don't even bother calling the police, just call your insurance and let them handle it

>High speed crash, serious damage, injuries

Definitely call the police, and an ambulance

>Super minor crash, other party is rowdy

Call the police, use 911, and tell them that the other person is a risk and you need immediate assistance

>medium to serious crash on an interstate during peak hours

Call the police, your insurance usually can handle it, but it's not safe to be on the side of the road for a long time without some kind of flares, lights, or other warnings for other commuters.

Listen to your gut, and when in doubt, call 911
>>
>>15362639
>Bitch even got what she deserved for not having her headlights on
Shit, death by firing squad? Brutal.
>>
>>15362663
I wish, I don't really care if you have your headlights off at night cause 90% of the time I can see you, but this was one of those times where it's really fucking important to have your headlights on, I could barely see 10 feet in front of me, let alone a black car at a blind intersection with no headlights.
>>
File: Weiners 001.jpg (797 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Weiners 001.jpg
797 KB, 1600x1200
>>15358231
>>15358232
i had a drunk driver hit my camino in front of my house. she slid like 30 feet. i wanted to keep it, but the frame was fucked and insurance gave me 2300 bucks. had the shit v6, and they were going for about 1100 at the time.
>>
>>15348455
David?
>>
>>15362661
Thanks anon
>>
File: tomwut.jpg (3 KB, 125x98) Image search: [Google]
tomwut.jpg
3 KB, 125x98
>>15352357
Wait

Does that kid/guy have three hands?
>>
>>15351803
>>15352273
lane splitting is fucking stupid
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 1024x682
>>15358848
Maniac strayan I see
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Rear came out on me using the same onramp I've been using daily for the past 3 years. Would fully admit if I was driving like an ass but I wasn't. Happened to me on the day I received my check from the bank for a new car. Go figures.
>>
>>15348446
No pictures, lost the phone since then.
>stupid 19 year old kid, 1999 c230k
>driving home from work, texting because im 19 and think im the shit.
>slam into the back of toyota tundra ~40mph
>car crumpled like a soda can. other driver was fine and actually ran out to help me out of my car. I had a concussion and a totaled car. He just needed a new rear bumper.
Don't fucking text and drive. I keep my phone out of arms reach when i drive to this day.
>>
File: image.png (794 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
794 KB, 750x1334
Was being a irresponsible young lad going sideways and blew my passenger rear tire, fucked my alignment and punched a hole in my radiator.
>3 weeks ago
It was stupid and I'm gonna go grip now.
>>
Got tboned by a drunk driver in my old Silverado

Dented my fender a bit, pulled some trim off, snapped the axle (write off) but from the interior there "was no damage" and I was fine. Didn't even crack the window. Guy that hit me had some cuts and bruises but walked away. His minivan looked a lot worse.
>>
File: 1467102140406.jpg (39 KB, 412x430) Image search: [Google]
1467102140406.jpg
39 KB, 412x430
Literally never crashed, but I've had my parked car hit & ran twice.
>>
I finally got what i deserve 2 months ago .

>be me , 18 y/o boyracer
>have a 2L Golf 6
>hoon it weekly because i think i'm hot shit
>find new backroad to have a drive on
>bring a friend along who didn't have his drivers licence and liked going on roadtrips with me
>middle of the trip , it starts raining
>decide to go a little slower , still over the limit doe
>fuck up and go down a part of the road i wasn't familiar with
>it's basically an unmarked, unkept S shaped bend that has a bunch of shit that kills the visibility
>thought is was just a right hander , so i decide to try and apex the corner
>come out of the corner and realize that the road then took a hard left
>in front of me is like a strait 1 foot drop onto a gravel road that leads to a warehouse
>hardleftitis.jpeg
>car actually manages to not flip and almost makes it out of the bend , but my back right wheel falls into the ditch
>scrape back wheel for 20 feet in the ditch until i hit a tree with my back right door
>car bounces off and out of the ditch , does a 180 and i end up looking from where i came from
>put it in first and drive it off the road
>hear horrible scraping noise
>ongodno.png
>car is kill

Pic related , it's what i had to show my parents after 3 hours of not answering their calls . I had to do the rear suspension myself as punishment , but it was rather informative . Just sent it 2 days ago to a bodyshop to get the door and wing sorted . It's gonna be about 800$for labor , parts where 1000$ (including the entire rear suspension) and i also had to get new alloys and tires cause the old ones got smashed . Those where another 800$ . God i'm lucky i'm spoiled .
>>
>>15365381
Pic of the parts i pulled off the car . The shock went full banana . Both rear wheels were whacked out of alignment obviously , so that was a pain to do .
>>
>>15354258
There was some dude that did this, posted videos on YouTube of it and got jail time
>>
>>15365381
>Rich hoons are taught car repair as punishment

What the fuck man
>>
File: two-wheels-inline-2.jpg (278 KB, 678x648) Image search: [Google]
two-wheels-inline-2.jpg
278 KB, 678x648
>>15360140
lol never been to pol, i just like to refer to niggers as niggers when they're being niggers.

Avoidance maneuvers are a thing dumbass, if there hadn't been an invisible train of cars on the shoulder my swerve into the shoulder would have been perfectly fine, it's the unexpected swerve back that got me

Can you use ur fukin hed and imagine what could happen to a low 2200lb car hitting essentially a large hockey puck at 75mph, and it making its way forcefully underneath the car in some fashion

pic related

Also as I said,I didn't want to punt the tire into oncoming traffic and cause this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR7wJEmKds0

>can't drive for shit but blames tires
swerving out of the way of an object isn't exactly indicative of driving skill

when you're forced to do a Scandinavian flick on a narrow interstate with cars lining the shoulder shit is bound to go wrong

Who knows, with better tires the car may have not lost grip.

I'm a nice guy so I just gave my brother the lug wrench :^)
>>
>>15365381
You didn't factor in the instant depreciation from it not being an accident free vehicle anymore.
>>
>>15348446
yeap. on a rally track (tarmac) so no one got hurt (except my dignity)

>driving hard for like 4 minutes
>hard hairpin after long straight
>brake hard before hand
>*THUNK*
>brake pedal sinks to the floor
>SHIT.iso
>downshift
>handbrake
>turn sideways
>too late
>hit barrier, sideways (my side) going 40MPH
>car does flips, end up on bottom of ravine
>walk off with a sprayed wrist and a couple cuts and bruises

lucky as fuck.

the car was a turbocharged Subaru Impreza 2L with 4WD. nice car.
>>
>>15366016
First off, stop writing like a 14 year old on AOL with a blank line between every sentence
>i just like to refer to niggers as niggers when they're being niggers.
Because it makes you feel better about your obvious shortcomings
>Avoidance maneuvers are a thing dumbass
For people who can drive, not you
>invisible train of cars on the shoulder
That's EXACTLY the point retard. You don't swerve "going 75 in dense traffic" because you DON'T KNOW what's around you. If they had been out of the car walking down towards the tire you would literally have killed somebody. Even impulsive niggers know this.
>Can you use ur fukin hed and imagine
Yeah:
1. It's a tire, it will bounce off your car, not go under it. Especially if you slam the brakes and are already slowing down when you hit it
2. Other people wont risk neck injuries because you're an impulsive retard who smashes into their car at full speed
>swerving out of the way of an object isn't exactly indicative of driving skill
Racing drives do it all the time at much higher speed than you and succeed 90% of the time
>with better tires the car may have not lost grip.
With any tires and someone who can drive, they won't lose grip. You just swerved impulsively with no control
>>
i've never hit anyone, however, i have had a deer dive bomb into the side of my fucking car once. scary shit, middle of the night, called the cops because i didn't know what to do, deer was bleeding all over the road and kicking around with two broken legs. Once the cop got there he shot it, thank god becuase the stupid thing was probably in so much pain. anyways i was in my grand am which insurance didn't feel the need to total for some reason and i later sold it for 1000 over kbb value.
>>
Back i highschool i had my first and only accident
>17 years old
>had a taurus that wasnt running cause ford electronics
>dad works from home "take the benz, dont park next to your friends" he says
>so im taking an almost brand new s class to school
>fucking excited cause ive only driven it once before
>brag about it all day and tell a friend ill take him home cause he rides the bus
>leaving school, trying to show off to qt on the sidewalk
>foot to the floor when the light goes green, car just goes right off the road cause i already had the wheel turned
>curb rash on the wheels, dent on the door, molding under the door scuffed up. And some exhaust damage.
I never got to drive any of his cars after that.
>>
>Ten years ago
>17 year old virgin
>Girlfriend wants to fuck
>Go to pharmacy to buy condoms
>Rip sicc skiddz on my way back home
>Oh fuck, I'm driving a Ford Ranger, this thing can't handle the velocity I'm trying to achieve
>Fly off road, hit "45 mph" speed limit sign, end up in a ditch wondering what the hell just happened

Nobody else was on the road, nobody else lived within 13-ish miles, truck seemed ok, so I just went on my merry way with a little more dirt and grass than usual on the bumper of the truck. Embarrassing as hell to admit I was trying to hit that pussy so bad I crashed my truck, but whatever. Pussy was 3/10, she broke up with me and married a black guy a year later.
>>
>>15366486
>cucked by your own truck
>>
File: 1454188803173.jpg (13 KB, 240x150) Image search: [Google]
1454188803173.jpg
13 KB, 240x150
>>15365381
>that spare

Is that from a scooter?
>>
File: 508.jpg (72 KB, 717x473) Image search: [Google]
508.jpg
72 KB, 717x473
>>15366498
It tried to warn me, I didn't listen
>>
>clipped car on tree on purpose
>claim brakes failed
>buy new car
>>
>>15366031
I bought if for almost nothing from a company that filed for bankruptcy . It was something like 8k Dollarydoos for a 2012 car with 31k miles . An absolute steal if you ask me
>>
>>15366515
VAG spacesaver . I was quite the adventure to drive back home on it . Pulled right like nothing else
>>
>>15348446
Nearly fucking did just now. Coming around a slight bend on the highway, about 90mph in my miata. It's not very well lit there, but the road is generally empty and about 100m ahead is a pedestrian bridge cor crossing the highway. SO some dumbass retard pops up walking across the road with a fucking bike. I hit the brakes and swerve, luckily no one was in the other lane. Locked up the front but managed to dodge, the car slipped after the serve though and I had to countersteer. Fuck me, how can people be this fucking dumb? I barely saved it, and I was so pissed that I didn't even stop to yell at the prick, just kept going
>>
File: 1467270297281.png (7 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
1467270297281.png
7 KB, 420x420
>>15366977

>admitting to insurance fraud on 4chan
>>
File: suburban.png (74 KB, 1819x593) Image search: [Google]
suburban.png
74 KB, 1819x593
>>15348446
I told my story a while ago, it's late, so I'm just gonna post a screencap of what happened.
I legit almost died
Seatbelts are important and I legit don't understand why people think it's cool to not have one on in any car that's equipped with them. I'm not objecting, it helps to weed out the idiots, but why is all I want to know.
>>
File: hornswitch.jpg (20 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
hornswitch.jpg
20 KB, 500x375
No serious crashes yet but was really close once.

>Driving old volvo 740 wagon on some twisty countryroad.
>Doing maybe 50mph, left turn coming up.

740s had this stupid pic related spring loaded contact for the horn button that slid over a circular copperplate, the said plate was apparently loose on mine because suddently it fell of and that spring contact locked up, effectively becoming a steeringlock.

>Try to turn left, steerinwheel completely stuck.
>Semi panic, hit brakes.
>No chance of stopping before turn.
>Rip the wheel with all my strength to the left.
>Loud snap and finally steering is back.
>Just barely make the turn.

At the time I didn't know what had happened and didn't know if it could happen again so drove at like 5mph home and took of the steering wheel to find a bunch of small bits of metal.
Thread replies: 245
Thread images: 84

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.