[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta, are they good cars?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 3843849388348383.jpg (61 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
3843849388348383.jpg
61 KB, 640x480
Thinking of getting a 2004 Volkswagen Jetta, are they good cars? and another thing, would you consider it a girl car? and if so, why? heard that a few times
>>
>>15348133

do you really want to enter the land of oil leaks, constant dash lights, and electrical problems?
>>
>>15348133
Yea, OP they're great cars
Just buy one
>>
File: 1466537863157.jpg (71 KB, 720x602) Image search: [Google]
1466537863157.jpg
71 KB, 720x602
>>15348156
Hmmm, I feel as if you're being sarcastic.
>>
In my area most of golf/Jetta have girl stickers on them or with pink shitty mags. Some dude have them but most have the 90's version of both these model and they are neglect or riced out with 15 minutes plastidip shitty paintjob
>>
>>15348133
Mk4s are only good up to 2003 with the alh tdi with manual trans. 2.0 is shit. 1.8t is old and leaky by now. Vr6 might be ok but they're more rare.
>>
>>15348327
>2.0 is shit
>VR6 is okay
How do you come to this conclusion? The 2.0 8v is the best gas engine VW has ever made. The VR6 have massive timing chain issues.
Rest of your post I completely agree with though.
>>
>>15348371
The 2.0 is gutless. The base engine always sucks compared to the optional ones.
>>
>>15348133
Steer away if you're a freedom land bro. They're driven exclusively by fucktards and females, and parts are costly
>>
US market VW's are usually shit as they are usually made in mexico. 2.0 engines are underpowered, 1.8t are very sensitive to the choice of oil. Tdi engines are reliable if they're not tuned, european ones usually make over 400 000km without any major repairs. There's also a question if you want to look like a cuck, these cars are starting to get looked down upon even in europe
>>
Picked up an 04 jetta 1.8t that was taken care of very well with 115k miles. It's a pretty fun car and a major upgrade from my 03 focus shit box. I got lucky and got a steal with mine. Original owner took care of it religiously it would seem. The guy I bought it from only had put 1k miles on it and then decided to move out of the country. Brand new clutch too. Looks like he was about to rice the shit out of it but didn't own it long enough. He just installed subs in it, put in new head unit, and plastidipped the rims. Personally don't like the plastidip but it looks nice until I get my Enkeis.
If you like the car then you like the car. They can be very aggressive looking without ricing. Just make sure you do a TON of research on it and know what to look for. Definitely do a pre-purchase inspection if you have any worries. Make sure the timing belt and water pump have been replaced.
>>
>>15348133
Cons:
Heavy
Under powered past 70mph is a struggle.
If it is in the door it will break.
Breaks will constantly need maintenance
Parts are expensive as fuck.
VW emblem on wheel that will blind you on any sunny day.
Poor MPG.

Pros:
Good radio.
Nice interior.
Good A/C and heat.

Basically the polar opposite from a Focus.
>>
>>15355549
Forgot the rear seats of the Jetta are easily removable for more trunk space.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.