[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Truck audio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: x13698604-o_angle4.jpg (54 KB, 978x622) Image search: [Google]
x13698604-o_angle4.jpg
54 KB, 978x622
Looking to throw something good in this old ford 1991 f150, just some nice speakers and a sub, nothing amazing, I don't know how to wire amps or how many i need for something simple, and tips or diagrams?
>>
Bumping for interest

>also throw suggestions for 1993 Dodge Dakota
>>
File: image.gif (89 KB, 750x945) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
89 KB, 750x945
>>15346967
In my opinion, spend more money on the 4 main speakers and don't bother with the sub, if you get mid range price speakers they'll be powerful enough to deliver the right amount of bass, a huge sub in a car is wayyyyy overkill, your music will sound like shit, you'll probably get hearing damage and your passengers will hate you
>>
Make sure your speakers are a higher wattage than the amp for example , speakers 500w and amp 400w
>>
>>15347418
>don't bother with the sub

More like, you don't need a fuckhuge crazy powerful sub. Just a decent sized one to compliment the speakers.

Now if you get amazing speakers then you get an amazing subwoofer but make sure to sound deaden your car because nothing sounds more trashy than someone driving by and you canhear every panel rattling
>>
>>15347485
Lolno.
>>
>>15347575
I'd rather under power the speakers then have matching wattage and blow them out
>>
>>15347575
He's right, it's safer and your speakers will last longer
>>
>>15346967
>I don't know how to wire amps
The separate power line that goes to your battery should have its own fuse at the battery end. It then terminates in a power connector that has guarded tips of course so that if they dangle free (because you disconnected your amp), they cannot touch anything or each other and short out.

In my car, it was wired directly to the battery positive terminal (and fused) and NOT to the positive tie-in point where all the other car electronics hook to. That was important. That's because that block has its own fuse that is sized for the car's electrical system such as starter and more. That fuse is 200 amps. If you had your amp on and you started the car, boom, you might be unlucky to have a big subwoofer spike drawing current at the same time as the starter and blow your car's biggest main fuse link. It looks very special like you cannot find it anywhere else than the dealer. ha ha So don't blow that.

Unlike your F150, I had a trunk, so the fused line terminated in another power block mounted to the bottom of the rear dash. That allowed me to have various ATM fuses to power individual electronic components in the trunk.
>>
>>15347593
>>15347603
You shouldn't ever worry about blowing you speakers. If you do, you're a fucking idiot or drunk and if that's the case you shouldn't even be inside a car. Having a low power amplifier isn't a solution either, a low power amp won't magically stop trying to feed the speakers power, and if you overload an amp it's going to produce a clipped, distorted signal, make everything sound like shit and damage your speakers.

All of this is mostly a non-issue though. First off people vastly over estimate the amount of ''power'' they need for audio. The listening space is a small cage for fucks sake, not a concert hall. Just be mindful with the volume knob and not only will your equipment thank you but your ears too.
>>
>>15347856
It's sad that none of them know how to adjust their gain
>>
>>15347418
only 2 speakers in a 1991
>>
>>15347856
You have a basic understanding of audio, by having the speakers rated for a higher wattage than the amp is common sense
>>
>>15348178
Then use 2 instead of 4
>>
>>15349205
You're retarded.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.