[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought this mount to put a TV in my van, but I have no clue
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: fff.jpg (9 KB, 500x368) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
9 KB, 500x368
I bought this mount to put a TV in my van, but I have no clue about fucking drilling through vehicle roofs or how to mount this thing. Any tips or personal experiences with doing this?
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+install+television+in+van+roof
>>
File: 00c0c_j3lpFgz2xXN_600x450.jpg (40 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
00c0c_j3lpFgz2xXN_600x450.jpg
40 KB, 600x337
>>15328439
Trust me I did plenty of googling, can't find any tutorials of even something similar. Makes me think my idea of mounting something to the roof is a terrible idea that everyone else realized before even trying it.
>>
File: Conversion-af-12.jpg (37 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Conversion-af-12.jpg
37 KB, 640x480
>>15328430
>>15328449
I would imagine mounting to the roof IS a terrible idea since it's unlikely you'd ever be able to keep the bolt holes from leaking, and it would likely cause the roof to sag at least a little

All the conversion vans I have ever seen with interior mounted TV's mounted them to a bulkhead above and behind the driver like pic related
>>
>>15328430
>drilling through vehicle roofs
awful fucking idea op
>>
>>15328462
Yea I was worried about leaks especially since the TV would be right where the holes would be. My van has a TV area just like that pic and has a shitty old 13" tube TV in it but I got a 24" LCD to replace it. My original idea was to mount it right where the old one was because that overhead area is 25" so it wouldn't hang down, but it's a nice deep area that would be great for storage so I was trying to roof mount it.

Plus she's got super nintendo controllers wired through to the seats so I need a TV in there. No way I'm not having a SNES in there when there's built in ports.
>>
File: 00D0D_7HYDcQdAvjc_600x450.jpg (24 KB, 253x450) Image search: [Google]
00D0D_7HYDcQdAvjc_600x450.jpg
24 KB, 253x450
bump
>>
We asked you last time OP.
SHOW US THE FUCKING VAN. Shit sounds cool af.
>>
>keeping the lolis happy in the rapevan
>>
yo dawg thread
>>
>>15328430
>drill holes
>put it together like this, starting from the outside of the roof:
>head of bolt
>fender washer
>rubber washer
>roof
>rubber washer
>fenderwasher
>tv mount
>nut
>then cover the head of the bolt with rtv

or

>sand paint off both surfaces, clean with acetone, epoxy that sumbitch.
>>
Are there no cross braces in your roof and no double skin to bolt it to? What's the headlining like? You could fold up a big alloy bracket and glue (urethane) that to the inside of the roof skin and bolt to that
>>
>>15329202
Or use that 3m VHB tape if you don't live anywhere the roof will get super hot. You'd still want the bracket attached to a big plate to get the surface area to keep it stable. Also surface prep is everything.
>>
>>15328483
>built in ports for SNES controllers
that's fucking awesome
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.