[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dual LED Rocker Switch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: blazer.jpg (72 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
blazer.jpg
72 KB, 960x720
Hey all, I'm trying to wire up a dual LED rocker switch to power my aftermarket air horn and compressor, but I'm wondering where I should wire the LED (+) wires to? I'd like it only to be on when the vehicle is on. Running on a Chevy 1999 zr2 Blazer.
>>
...to a switched source? Like for example your radio power.
>>
>>15326478

could tie it into the ignition switch hot wire, thats what i did to put a voltmeter into one of my Toyotas
>>
>>15326478
a fellow Blazer owner! I didn't think anyone on /o/ had em
I'm thinking of putting a moon visor on mine, the s10s just look good with them
pic related was when I took her muddin
>>
IF it is a low amp draw compressor then to the ignition relay hot wire is fine, but if it is pulling heavy amps then you want it to the battery.
>>
>>15326870
Ohh dude, you gotta get the ZR2 version! But yes, blazer life!

And to all: I got everything wired up, lights turn on when the ignition is on, it's great. Except one switch...

It's a rocker switch, and the top light is always on (car off, on, switch pressed on, always on). I have everything wired correctly, I'm sure of it. It's a 5 pin switch just like the other one, and the top light should go on when the switch is pressed, but it's just ALWAYS on.

I'm thinking I have a possible defective switch?
>>
>>15327186
bump
>>
File: whatrubs nose.gif (2 MB, 236x224) Image search: [Google]
whatrubs nose.gif
2 MB, 236x224
>>15327186
switches don't work that way you worthless non electrical faggot
>>
>>15328391
actually that's how these rocker switches work.
>>
>>15328391
not everyone is an electrical engineer you dick. to any average Joe looking at a wiring harness is like looking at a plate of fucking rainbow spaghetti someone puked up. And the people who actually do know, realize that the guys who write the diagrams are retards who overcomplicate basic shit because they get off to it. Fuck the engineers who write wiring diagrams. they don't know shit about how it really works.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1 MB, 270x150) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1 MB, 270x150
>>15328391
No. It is not possible to be wired correctly and still be on with the vehicle off. You have it wired into the battery instead of the ignition. Now go fuck yourself because I"m the switches don't work that way guy, because yes they do you imbecile.
>>
>>15328441
>>15328391
meant for you
>>
>>15329238
fuck I did it again
>>15328441
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.