[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me how depreciation works? I know it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Can someone tell me how depreciation works?

I know it's a yearly thing but is it gradual or does the price drop the moment it's a year?

The car I want is in the 28-35k range (2015 c class) but I am waiting for it to dip to 25-27k, by December, is that possible?
>>
>>15326431
It drops 10% the moment the car is driven off the lot, for what that's worth
>>
>>15326431
It'll drop to whatever someone is willing to sell one for, dumbass
>>
Cars depreciate immediately once bought new and taken off the lot, followed by a gradual decline to an asymptote.

Benzes. being luxury cars, depreciate very fast, but I would wager you're gonna need to wait at least two years for the price to get to that point.
>>
>>15326464
>2 years to decorate 2-4k
>>
The solution to depression?
Buy only reliable luxury cars like Lexus, Acura, Infiniti and Porsche.
>>
>>15326527
>depression
Fucking auto correct....depreciation.
Yeah, well you are less depressed when you have a car like that.
>>
File: f5a.png (200 KB, 600x526) Image search: [Google]
f5a.png
200 KB, 600x526
>>15326527
>Lexus
>Acura
>Infiniti
>>
>>15326431
A car's value is not a set thing. It's literally dependent on every single thing about your car, and the person who'd be buying it.
>>
>>15326431
Like supply and demand in a nutshell with a sprinkle of jew.

EXAMPLE:
Benz Nig-Class price: 60 melons
1 year after (used) : 50 melons
2 years after : 47 melons
3 years after: 35 melons (This is when the lease ends for most people who "owns" a Mercedes, so that is why you see a shitload of cheap ass used Mercedes from 2013 at the moment)
4 years after (this is when maintenence hits the fan): 30 melons
5 years after: 28 melons
etc...

Of course, mileage is a factor as well.
>>
>>15326861
This. Cars like a Mercedes or BMW usually drop 40% after 3 years.
>>
>>15326861
2014 2 year leases will start ending in August so that's a startv
>>
>>15326431
OP did you not go to school? come on.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.