[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Insurance Question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: Whole mirror Toyota Camry.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
Whole mirror Toyota Camry.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
So, I have never been in an accident before, however, one happened about a month ago. The accident was deemed at 80/20 fault. I am at 20% fault, the other person is at 80% fault. Now, this is what my insurance said. To have this fixed and avoid my deductible, would I just call the other party's insurance and give them the claim number that was from my insurance? Also, Since this is an 80/20 fault, would I get 80% of the money for the repair? Someone explain how it will work when I go in to get payment.
>>
>>15326073

80/20? how the hell did that happen? ive only heard of it being one sided fault unless some special cases where its 50/50
>>
>>15326073
First thing i would do is tell that insurance company to go fuck themselves and proceed to never use them ever again.

Fucking split responsibility absolute bullshit is a way for the companies to fuck you over and get money from everybody.

It's either your fault or it isn't, end of story.
>>
>>15326073
To have what fixed?
>>
>>15326073
>>15326092
I think it's 100% the other guys fault, if I were to fight this, what would I do, I did not sign any papers yet, my agent just said that they are leaning towards 80/20.

This is the story:
I was going into a parking spot, and the passenger of the vehicle on the left probabbly did not see me coming in, as I pulled in, he opened his door. There was no time to react, because he swung it open when my front was next to his door. My mirror caught on his door and then I stopped. Damage was very minor, but the other guy said I was completely at fault, told the dickhead to give me his insurance info, we exchanged info and went on with our business.
>>
>>15326100
The mirror is bent out of its original spot and the paint is cracked and mirror is indented from his door. Its very minor, I can fix it myself with $20, but a shop did quote it at $300. So might was well collect some pocket change.
>>
>>15326116
Tell your insurance company to go fuck themselves and that you won't be paying any excess, and then immediately switch company because they're a pack of fucking morons.

Also kill the other guy who said you were at fault

If i throw my fucking door open and collect a cunt on a bike killing them i'm pretty sure the police won't give me and his corpse an 80/20 sentence
>>
>>15326129
>throw my fucking door open and collect a cunt on a bike
I don't know why, but I find this funny.
>>
>>15326129
Hah, so should I just call in and state that he should be completely at fault and talk to them? They must have reasons as to why they are doing 80/20 fault, otherwise we would be a bunch of monkeys flinging shit at each other.
>>
>>15326168
why in the fuck would you even bring this to your insurance, the other guy is 100% at fault.

>>15326129
This guy said it best. If I've parked my car on a street and open my door, then someone smacks my door off, it's not their fault. It's my fault for being stupid enough to not check if it was safe. The other guy could have left his door wide open in the spot and you could have hit it ON PURPOSE if you wanted and still not be legally at fault.

Your insurance company is trying to scam you. First tell us what insurance you have, then stop talking to your insurer, ONLY talk to the other guys insurance, get it covered, and GET A DIFFERENT INSURER.
>>
>>15326300
The other guy started the claim, I was on vacation so I haven't filed with his yet.
>>
>>15326300
I can still call his insurance company and start a claim there right?
>>
I hit a parked car slowing rolling along. Got a ticket for "improper lane usage" because the cop said he had to write a ticket. Damage was scuffed paint.

Know what State Farm did? Told the people of the car they can only get $500 and to fuck off. Never increased my rate either.

Guess what happens when someone hits you while you have State Farm? They make Hitler blush.

That's what real insurance companies do. Maybe you should get real insurance OP.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.