[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do racecars/ricecars have yellow-tinted lights?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
Why do racecars/ricecars have yellow-tinted lights?
>>
because racecar
>>
>>15325779
To get you TRIGGERED
>>
>>15325779
old french car had because of some law
in le mans it's to separate categories of cars GT have yellow light LMP have white ones
>>
>>15325779
Cars have different lights depending on the class. GTE cars in Le Mans had yellow lights and Prototypes had white ones. So in the night, if a GTE class driver saw white lights in his mirror, he knew it was prototype.
>>
It designates the racing class of the car when there are multiple classes racing at one time so you can tell what class of car is behind you.
>>
The thought is that yellow doesn't reflect as much compared to a normal white light, so it's better for using in bad weather conditions.
>>
>>15325807
This
>>
Because the headlights are full of piss.
>>
>>15325800

Beat me to it.
>>
Because some brands of headlight fluid are yellow.
>>
>>15325807
I've heard about this, is there any good evidence for it? Is it why people get yellow fog lights?
>>
>>15328457

The intent of selective yellow is to improve vision by removing short, blue to violet wavelengths from the projected light. These wavelengths are difficult for the human visual system to process properly, and they cause perceived dazzle and glare effects in rain, fog and snow. Removing the blue-violet portion of a lamp's output to obtain selective yellow light can entail filter losses of around 15%, though the effect of this reduction is mitigated or countervailed by the increased visual acuity available with yellow rather than white light in bad weather.
>>
>>15328582
Gee thanks Bill Nye.
>>
>>15325779
Because my headlights are super fogged and fucked up. It's ok though because my straight pipe helps me see
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.