[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So im thinking of getting pic related with a V6 and then throwing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: intro-photo-666337-s-429x262.jpg (19 KB, 429x262) Image search: [Google]
intro-photo-666337-s-429x262.jpg
19 KB, 429x262
So im thinking of getting pic related with a V6 and then throwing a cold air intake on it. How would that compare with the ecoboost and GT models in terms of power, fuel economy and reliability, would it be worth it overall?
>>
CAI makes it basically the same as a GT.
>>
>>15325017
This. CAI basically adds two cylinders.
>>
>>15324999
Probably bait, but I'll reply. It's gonna be about the same speed as the Ecoboost. Might get slightly worse gas mileage still. It's not even close to the GT still.
>>
>>15325041
Assmad gm fangril detected
>>
[Corvette vs GTR pic]
>>
>>15324999
No idea if this is bait, but either buy a GT or a different car.
>>
File: 1356637433021.png (6 KB, 369x369) Image search: [Google]
1356637433021.png
6 KB, 369x369
>>15324999
>V6
>>
>>15324999
>How would that compare with the ecoboost and GT models
It wouldn't.
>>
>>15324999
Hey op, I'm currently think of something similar and I'll share what I've been lead to believe. Take all of this with a pinch of salt as most is all anecdotal, and anything factual I will state as such

Looking at a 2016, v6 manual ruby red about 2k below msrp at a local dealer, with the black wheels and 051a whatever pack which are the only options for the v6 besides maybe interior lighting I think.

Want to get the v6 as I have driven a ford FR 2.3l for the last 10 years and I want something besides a 4 banger again.

V6 is lighter, not by much, but it is lighter than the turbo.

V6 does not have the optional preformce pack or recaro seats I would want, but price those with the turbo and it makes much more logic to get the base gt with those options for a much better car.

The v6 is very time tested, has lots of aftermarket support, in some stock dyno test I have seen the v6 make MORE hp then the ecoboost, but always with less torque.

I've seen lots of data and reviews showing the v6 is faster to 60 which as I'd like the break the law as little as possible is the only acceleration stat that matters to me.

The ecoboost have lots of problems. They have been having value problems with carbon buildup, lots of sites have been posting how they get slower and slower as something is fucked up and causes the throttle to become irrespective between shifts.

Also v6 makes 300 with cheap gas, Eco does not so your actual cost per mile could swing either way between the 2.

Anything lost from not having the preformce pack or seats could be changed later. But I intend to just get v6, put good sounding exhaust so I can get some nice burble and pops, keep it stock till warrant is up and then by then hopefully buy a different DD so I can tool around and hoon the v6 into something stupid fun.
>>
>>15325960

Sorry for long ramble, just have lots to say on this topic, right now it's probably my top contender for fun for $ right now, as getting a wrx or gti I want is going to take literal months, I love the feista st, but I'm leaning toward the v6, mx5 I would love but mustang is far cheaper and practical.

Yeah, that's my $.02
>>
V6 will be very fun for not much money. Do boltons and tune. They can squeak into high 13s stock with a stick
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.