[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Uber?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (72 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
72 KB, 1280x720
Looking to make some more money on the side.

Is Uber driving worth it? My car meets the qualifications to do it and I got the approval notification from them.
>>
enjoy dumb drunk people ruining your car and adding tons of wear and tear
>>
>>15323765
If damage is done to your car the passenger gets charged for fixing it, repair/cleaning place of your choice.

That said, driving for Uber is basically like taking out a loan against the future value of your car. You get some money now, but you're really just breaking even in the long-term.
>>
>>15323789
Well I figure it's going to earn more than I would working 2nd job on the weekends only.

It's an optima so repairs aren't too bad.

>>15323765
Yeah but they get charged a lot of money if they damage/puke in the car, don't they?
>>
It is definitely profitable. It is no different to being a taxi driver or limousine hiring service except it is your own car. Go for it OP, you can pull out any time.
>>
Definitely something to look into if u have the car and timen eays side cash no doubt
>>
My co-worker drives for both Lyft and Uber. Says he makes around $100 for just a little bit of driving. If my car wasn't 22 years old I'd give it a shot.

Really I don't think you have anything to lose by trying.
>>
>>15324273
An old coworker did it on the weekends (we live in a busy downtown less than 30 mintues away.) And he made average of $400 per weekend driving for ~5 hours a night. I figure better paying than a delivery driver job

If it's profitable enough i'd probably look into getting a prius for extra MPG.
>>
>>15323765
This is true. Brah does lyft full time and has put 100k in one year on his new Mirage. Granted it's only 12-13k out the door and makes 3-4K a month, he says it won't last more than 2-3 years
>>
File: 1466205034571.png (29 KB, 784x545) Image search: [Google]
1466205034571.png
29 KB, 784x545
>>15324342
The mirage or Lyft itself?

Lyft isn't in my city yet which surprises me because Uber seems to be doing well.

I was thinking of getting a newer car to do this too but have no idea what the best model would be. Don't really want a prius because it's a prius but if it's the best option.
>>
>>15324306
Yeah he put in his two weeks as a delivery driver. Delivery driving is the best option for me unless I get my hands on a newer car that I'd use just for that or something.

>tfw can't kanjo up my Civic hatch and get people to their destination as fast as possible
>>
>>15324347
100k on mirage mileage. It's a good car, 40 mpg, cheap everything, not as brain numbing as a hybrid. Any base model sub 15k subcompact will do. Fiesta, Honda fit, etc
>>
File: 1466063269341.jpg (91 KB, 400x461) Image search: [Google]
1466063269341.jpg
91 KB, 400x461
>>15324342
Yeah he's paying off the car pretty quickly though that way.

I'd look into a focus for good mpg/compact or an accord for a little less mileage but more room/normability.

>>15324356
i thought those mitsubishi mirages were cheapshit because all I hear on the radio "HOME OF THE MIRAGE ONLY $9999."
I can hear that man's voice in my head.
>>
>>15324367
They are cheap. That's the point. My bro did 100k miles in a year and it's been dead reliable. Just brakes, oil, etc. You can't say that about a lot of cars. I'm sure the honda fit it fiesta are just as good if not a little better. Just a couple grand more. If you spend 20k on a car, that's a lot of money. The car won't last you more than a couple years then you have to buy a new one. It's like working for a car instead of working for yourself!
>>
>>15324380
I was thinking about a Scion iA.

>$15k
>Weak engine but great MPG
>Rated pretty well
>Looks quite nice too

The mirage actually looks pretty good too for a hatch.

Even if it only lasts him 2.5 years he's made enough to get a new one and still paid all his other bills.

Not a bad way to live if that's his thing. How many hours he driving though?
>>
>>15324380
isn't the mirage CVT though
>>
>>15324413
scion iA is a rebadged Mazda2, just letting you know if you didnt
>>
>>15324490
is the mazda 2 cheaper? I don't know much about mazda.
>>
>>15323866
It's not profitable - unless - the car was given to you by your mom and you don't have to pay for gas, insurance, and maintenance.
>>
>>15324413
Great choice too. It's mazda so at least it'll be funner to drive and imo looks good.
He does 40-60 hours a week and pulls 3-4 grand a month in los angeles.

>>15324423
Yes but cvt is crucial for better mpgs, which if you're trying to work with a car, is vital. It's not as fun to drive as a regular auto or manual but it's best for appliance cars. Getting a manual shitbox is a terrible idea, it will be no fun rowing gears when you're driving all day in traffic in a 100 hp car. Save it for the funner cars.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.