[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>quoted one hour to replace sway bars on car in person >guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: miata-swaybars.jpg (9 KB, 300x200) Image search: [Google]
miata-swaybars.jpg
9 KB, 300x200
>quoted one hour to replace sway bars on car in person
>guy on phone says they'll have my car for a few hours
>place where labor is $100 an hour

How long does it take to put new sway bars on a general early 2000's Mercedes Benz?
>>
>>15315858
less than an hour
>>
Just do it yourself, otherwise pay up.
If you wanna know how long it takes, check alldata for estimated labor times.
>>
>>15315858
>not changing it yourself
Pussy.
>>
>>15315858
>Mercedes Benz
Likely a couple days. Expect 48hrs @ $100/hr
>>
>>15315871
Thank you.

I don't wanna be surprised by a 3 hour visit or something. That's $300 alone, and the sway bars are almost $100 a piece, so that's $500.
>>
>>15316236
By law in the USA they cant charge you more than 20% or some shit above a quote without you reauthorizing the charges. Obviously get it in writing next time but dont worry, this is easy shit and not every shop is trying to fuck you.
>>
>>15316247
I got the paper quote with me because I went there to get a new vacuum pump installed. I asked about the noise in the front and they figured out it was the sway bars wore out. The printed quote for the sway bars is $200 in parts and 1 hour of labor so about $300. But I just wanted to ask /o/ for sure.

Thank you.
>>
the amount of time to work isn't the same as the amount of time they'd have the car. maybe they have other cars that they're working on
>>
>>15316290
>the sway bars wore out.
Sway bars don't wear out. Only the bushings do, and most designs don't necessitate removal of the whole bar, only the brackets. And since this a Benz, I don't think you're putting in a stiffer sway bar.
>>
>>15316290
Metal bars don't "wear out"
>>
>>15316290
>>15316309
>>15316321
Probably the heim joints on the drag links, they can make a lot of noise
>>
>>15316290
>>15316309
>>15316321
>>15316343
For $200 its obviously the bushings.
>>
File: zilean_2.jpg (199 KB, 1215x717) Image search: [Google]
zilean_2.jpg
199 KB, 1215x717
>>15315858
I changed them in my NA miata on the ground; ~15 minutes each...

AMAZING mod though, especially with a rear-balance, because it induces oversteer all the time. My Miata even oversteers when I brake over 25% or so in a sweeper. Normies may not find this safe; I find it awesome.
>>
>>15316840
You put stiffer ones on the back or how'd you set it up?
>>
You'll probably need an alignment after too.
>>
>>15316309
Bushes are joined to the bar on Benzes.
>>
>>15317073
>stiffer ones on the back

Yep.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.