[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys, first time posting on /o/, so feel free to tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: dsc00080.jpg (885 KB, 1632x1224) Image search: [Google]
dsc00080.jpg
885 KB, 1632x1224
Hey guys, first time posting on /o/, so feel free to tell me to fuck off or call me a faggot if this thread is common.

I'm looking at getting my first motorcycle, and am torn between a late 70s Honda CB750K and a late 70s CB550K.

I specifically want an easy-to-work-on, yet cool-looking bike and have narrowed it down to these two.

Is there any reason to buy the 550 over the 750? They cost roughly the same on craigslist, but I've read that starting out with too-large a bike is an easy way to end up dead fast if you're just learning.

My heart says to get the 550, but 750s are way easier to find and also look cool as fuck.

If YOU bikefags were to choose from these two as your very first bike, which would you go with?

Thanks in advance

t. Hondafag

>pic sooo related
>>
>>15315062
fuck off faggot, these threads are common.

srs though, you should've checked catalog, there's a dedicated bike thread.
they have a sticky with whatever info related to falling off your motorised bicycle and being killed by some gook
>>
>>15315062
A year ago I was really actively looking for a cb550/750 myself. Don't have a bike, so take my advice with a grain of salt. From what I hear, 550s are the sweet spot for power/weight. They're way more maneuverable than the 750s, and unless you're looking for a touring bike, stick with the 550. Quick enough, good mpg, maneuverable, and can keep up on the highway. Don't cheap out and get a 750.
>>
>>15315084
>>15315062
oh also forgot the obligatory fuck off faggot
>>
>>15315062
I was born in 1981 and my dad rode a Honda 550 until I was about 5 or so. When I was 18 I bought one as my first bike. As it happens he was restoring a 750 at the time.

Ridden both extensively and the poster above is right. The 550 is the sweet spot.

Get one in good nick and you'll be very happy.
>>
>>15315084
>>15315077
Thanks, bros.

>>15315084
Yeah, I've been leaning hard towards the 550. I've scrimped and saved about $1500 thus far, and only need another $500-1000 to make this shit a reality. I'm getting pumped.
>>
>>15315062
I had a 1979 CB650.
Was a great bike. Make sure you get one with a 12v system. 6v sucks ass
And dont modify it. The autists will be angry.
>>
>>15315106
That's what my gut told me as well. Thanks.
>>
>>15315143
I guess I'm autistic too then. That whole "cafe racer" bullshit bothers the hell out of me. I can't really explain why. Must be autism.
>>
>>15315143
>>15315160
Wew we're different. If I'd get a 550 I'd put drop bars, itbs, and a different seat on. Still, don't like the brat/cafe racer seats. They either have too weird of a shape or are as comfortable as sitting on a cutting board.
>>
>>15315172
Lol, different strokes for different folks. I'm just a huge fan of stock when it comes to older vehicles, even though I know Honda sold a shitload of these.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.