[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tempted to get a Type R
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: s-l500.jpg (34 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
34 KB, 500x375
Hey fampais,

Question for your honda guys,

What do you guys think of Integra Type R's are they worth the money? I'm really tempted to purchase one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162108127853?euid=6422a3d2f360425b9db5d772634fbc2d&bu=43347890209&cp=1&sojTags=bu=bu#viTabs_0

Although this one seems highly modified (my semi concern) it looks like it would be blast to drive. my only concern is I know that supercharger kit is no longer made, so if something breaks I may be sol, any other things I should consider? any pros and cons
this is a 2000 integra type r with less than 50k miles on it
Thanks br/o/s
>>
>>15308285
this is not a 2000 integra type r
>>
>>15308289
what is it ?
Is it trying to be a knock off?
>>
>vin should include dc231

>vin on this car
JH4DC2317YS003999

unless the seller went through all the trouble of swapping vins and doing some illegal shit I think its legit.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>15308410
Personally for 14k I would go for a s2000

If practically is a concern maybe wrx or evo
>>
Stay away from heavily modified cars.
>>
>>15308436
/thread
if it's been heavily modified don't touch it unless there is a very well documented paper trial to a reputable place of work.
>>
14k for a fwd honda wtf
>>
>>15308436
yeah that's my only concern, that the car is overly modified, when shit breaks I'll be running in circles. I wish it was stock.
>>15308433
s2000 are over-rated and I never really enjoyed them
>>
bump for any more hindsight / advice
>>
>>15308289
>this is not a 2000 integra type r
what did he mean by this.
>>
>>15308285
Pros: Fun, quick, timeless design, huge aftermarket, rare

Cons: Theft targets, rare, you are more likely to find one that has a salvage title due to theft

>>15308289

It's hard to tell from that picture, but it's possible it's real. 2000 and 2001 models came in either yellow or black
Here are production numbers broken down by year and color:
1997 320 (318) 320 CW (100%)
1998 1002 (1023) 1002 CW (100%)
2000 1355 (1347) 573 FBP (42%) 782 PY (58%)
2001 1173 (1157) 523 NBP (45%) 650 PY (55%)
>>
It seems like its a legit R, but speaking to a few folks that have owned / own a type R they are saying there may not be much "type r" feel to it since its been bolted with aftermarket parts, one owner says "If you buy a type r, you honestly want to go with stock, the most you want to do with it is possibly an exhaust and air intake, they are meant to be purist driving machines"
>>
With that much money burning a hole in your pocket you either need to buy a pure stock type r or buy a base and modify it yourself and know the work has been done correctly.
>>
>>15310873
>>15310952
You guys know how incredibly rare stock ones are and well.. OP just literally cannot get one like you're saying. The owners aren't selling.

>>15308730
>stay away from heavily modified cars
>$14k for a 16 year old fwd honda

For real though, I LOVE Type R's and grew up driving a stock Integra LS (probably one of the few stocks left of that trim even due to it being an obvious tuner car) but unless you are a collector with money to spare, it would not be worth the hassle sorting through the handful of Type R's that exist to find
a) a real one
b) not modified to shit
c) fair deal

Also kek at
>The odometer reads 50k guys!
That shit has probably been run up past 100k and dialed back. It is not hard to do in these cars similar to how it isn't hard for a nig nog to break the fuck in and hotwire your beauty.
>>
For 14K you could buy a nice used civic and do a K20 or K24 swap with a mild turbo/supercharger and have a faster setup than this TypeR.

TypeRs are cool but people blow them way out of proportion. They are just an integra with a slightly improved engine, slightly stiffer suspension, slightly more rigid chassis. Yes they were faster than a GS-R integra, but not that much faster. They still had under 200 hp stock.

Fanboys just glorify them because they are rare. You can have a much faster setup for way less money. It just won't have the prestige among honda fans.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.