[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Road Hazards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
One of these things was on the interstate yesterday. Dodged it, but a car riding too close to my bumper (because what is trailing distance) didn't see it in time and plowed over it. They pulled over, but I could see it was a direct hit; wood splinters were everywhere and they hit it with both right tires.

So, can someone that hits junk like this ask the city to cover repairs, or are they just SoL?
>>
That's what insurance is for, unless it has a company name and Id-able number.

>tfw I hit a bucket head on at 90 and it fucking launched into oncoming traffic, landing perfectly in a pickup.

It would have sucked ass if it was full.
>>
>>15308111

cities usually cover their own negligence like pothole damage, running over city owned construction cones, etc. anything else youre SOL except insurance or if you see whoever drops the hazards you can get dashcam proof/their plate
>>
I hit bricks that Mexicans let fall out of their truck. Litteraly put flat spots into my wheels. Paid for new wheels and tires out of pocket. $2100 day.
>>
>>15308244
My city doesn't, roads are terribad.
>>
>>15308111
I love when im in my truck and someone is tailgating me. I aim right for these metal plates when they are out.
>truck feels nothing
>know the car behind me got a nice harsh hit.
Laugh my ass off
>>
File: 1.jpg.jpg (517 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg.jpg
517 KB, 800x600
>>15308266
Forgot pic
>>
>>15308260

where i am in Canada if youre the first to claim a pothole they pay for the repairs, if youre not the first to claim damage on that pothole they deny you. load of shit since half the roads where i am are like a paki warzone
>>
>>15308274
These things are all over the place where I live, and since people camp the left lanes, you have to just slow down a good bit below the speed limit to not smack into them.
>>
>>15308111
driving with my dad once on a transfer from the overpass to the freeway below and a water drain grate was upwards on its side with the whole side gone so it was just a row of gouges just waiting for someone riding too close to the shoulder line to buttfuck their shit
>>
>>15308111
If you're an American they will sue you for obstructing their vision which resulted in damage to their vehicle
>>
>>15308351
>Ride a car's ass
>Get wrekt on a road obstacle
>Sue other car for being too in front of you.

Even by our Amerifat law standards, they wouldn't have a case. You're hard pressed to blame a car in front of you on the road for damn near anything, as long as they don't brake check.
>>
>>15308111
>So, can someone that hits junk like this ask the city to cover repairs, or are they just SoL?

People are supposed to Secure Their Load. It's the law in every state I've ever lived in, so I would guess that is probably the law in all the states. What makes me nervous is when I see just one rope holding two matresses down on the truck bed. Someone was too cheap to pay for delivery. I get far away from such cars. Occasionally, I do see mattresses by the side of the road that haven't been cleaned up yet. Since cleaning happens fairly fast in less than one day for major road hazards and distractions, there must be a significant percentage of those do-it-yourself mattress deliveries failing to make it home. They catch the wind and flop out of the rope's embrace.
>>
>>15308111
Here in Cali, you're just fucked. You're supposed to secure your load here, but if something falls off and someone runs over it, it's their fault for following too closely.

How do I know? My brother was driving my Honda on I-5 and a motherfucking chainsaw fell off a gardeners truck. He hits it and it fucks all kinds of shit underneath the car. The gardener truck didn't even realize and keeps going. Bro pulls over because car won't drive straight and calls the cops. CHP comes out, takes a report but tells him there's nothing they can do and it's his fault for following too closely. We kept the chainsaw.
>>
>>15310479
> chainsaw is stronger than a honda
Well...
>>
>>15310479
>The gardener truck didn't even realize and keeps going.

They probably know, but they know not to stop and be sued. With the lawsuit culture in the USA, post accident solutions have evolved into Hit-And-Run as the main solution.
>>
>>15310226
God damn, you would have shit your pantaloons if you saw my suburban coming towards you on a two lane highway with a jet ski dock strapped to the roof with twine during a local tornado warning.
>>
>>15310479
>CHP comes out, takes a report but tells him there's nothing they can do
The only reason cops exist in CA is to say this.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.