[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the deal in the US with running from the cops, installing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: oj-police-chase_100346110_l.jpg (126 KB, 632x322) Image search: [Google]
oj-police-chase_100346110_l.jpg
126 KB, 632x322
What's the deal in the US with running from the cops, installing radar and laser blockers, obscuring the license plates from cameras, etc, assuming you're in your own vehicle?

In any chase the first thing the cops will do is take note of your license plate, and I'm guessing if they detect a speed laser didn't catch your plate theyd come after you.
>>
>>15307349

They go by the logic that if your running, you have something to hide.

Honestly some people run just because they don't wanna ticket and have to pay for it.

Also laser jammers are legal in all 50 states. Radar jammers on the other hand aren't.
>>
>>15307366
How on earth do you avoid paying a ticket by running? It's not like they don't know your license plate number they know who you are
>>
>>15307849
>speeding down highway at night
>see discolights on the shoulder
>duck off at the next exit while the cop is getting up to speed
>take backroads home

The cop is not always right behind you
>>
>>15307366
>laser jammers are legal in all 50 states
No.

Most states have outlawed them.

Radar jammers are illegal federally though.
>>
>>15307349
It's tempting to run a weak personal cellphone jammer device that has 25 or so feet of effective range on the freeway. Cellphone jammers are not legal because plainclothes government people may need to use cellphones on the road (they are apparently exempt). I really would like to stop the cell and texters on the freeway. I see drivers using cell all the time. ALL the time every day.
>>
>>15307925
>Most states have outlawed them.

Nah, only a few.

California, Colorado, Illinois, Minnesota, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Virginia.

>Radar jammers are illegal federally though.

Correct
>>
>>15307892
>tfw no running lights
>tfw can turn off all lights and go by moonlight
>tfw back roads are love AND life
>tfw able to rip across a field of necessary

Cops don't stand a chance nigga
>>
>>15310297

Truck im guessing?
>>
File: IMG_20150919_142248.jpg (682 KB, 1152x1152) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150919_142248.jpg
682 KB, 1152x1152
>>15310303
Correct
>>
>>15307349
You can't outrun a radio. If they catch your plates, you're fucked. Wouldn't it be possible to tape paper over your plates and avoid being caught?
>>
>>15310399
Or you could get a hideaway plate.
Or rig up a pull wire to flip the plate face down, did that on a civic in highschool
>>
>>15310399
>oh no the cops are chasing us!
>quickly! Stop so I can put tape on the plate!
>ohhaiocifur.png

Yeah, no.
>>
>>15310424
see
>>15310422
or hide the plates beforehand
dumdum
>>
>>15310434
Or just have a set of fakes.
>>
>>15310436
#insurancefraud
>>
>>15310444
As opposed to driving around with your plates deliberately obscured
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 634x419) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 634x419
You basically just have to not live in the city and you can make it out okay
>>
>>15307349

where i am in Canada photo radar is huge, the city profits from it and they dont care how much of a cash cow it is. the city's stats showed that photo radar has not reduced accidents or increased safety, and Provinces with no photo radar are better off but they keep it

we fight it any way we can, one of my cars ive angled my license plate up like the Japanese do. havent gotten a ticket since
>>
>>15307349
Radar detectors and LIDAR jammers aren't intended to aid you in running from the cops but rather to aid you in avoiding speeding tickets by giving you advanced warning the cops are shooting radar in the case of RDs, and by actively interfering with LIDAR guns in the case of LIDAR jammers.

It's worth noting radar jammers are 100% illegal, it is a federal crime to use them. FCC regulations concerning radio interference. LIDAR jamming may or may not be illegal depending on the state. Laser stuff is the FDA's department and there are no federal laws concerning laser jammers.

Also with LIDAR jammers you are not supposed to jam-to-gun. When the jammers detect pulses from a LIDAR gun you should quickly slow down to the speed limit and turn off your jammers so as not to draw attention. Under 3 seconds is ideal. No more than 5.

Obscuring license plates is typically to avoid tolls and is pretty much illegal everywhere and will almost guarantee you get pulled over.
>>
>>15309551
I wouldn't if I were you. It is illegal and people have been charged. I think I remember reading about a case in Florida recently. Let's say you interfere with something regularly on your daily work/school commute, may not be a cell phone but something that operates in a similar frequency band. If it happens enough to cause problems/draw attention someone will file a complaint with the FCC. At this point they send federal agents out in a van with sensitive spectrum analyzers to attempt to triangulate the signal. When they trace the source to you you get pulled over, they find the source of the interference, and you get arrested.
>>
>>15307892
>>15310297
>not having IR illumination and NVGs
>>
>>15307849
what makes you think they saw the plate? Maybe if they were right behind you. If you're far away then they can't see shit
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.