[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone familiar with the Ventus V2 from hankook? I need new tires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: hk_ven_v12evo2_pdpcrop.jpg (31 KB, 420x460) Image search: [Google]
hk_ven_v12evo2_pdpcrop.jpg
31 KB, 420x460
Anyone familiar with the Ventus V2 from hankook? I need new tires on my WRX and Discount Tires have these for 105 each. The V12 was rated pretty highly by MotorTrend among budget tires. I was wondering how the V2 compared with road noise/grip/tread life etc

Also, Tire recommendation thread?
>>
>>15303193
michelin pilots ya goof
>>
S04 PP best performance tire for your dollar
>>
>>15303224
Fuck off Michelin fag.
>>15303193
Had these on my acura integra. They performed very well. I recommend op
>>
Currently sitting on all 4 corners. Put on last month. Low road noise, good grip. These are my 1st new set of tires on this car, so can't compare to how other tires are fairly. Hoping to get decent life. I drive "spiritedly". 265/35/18 up front and 305/30/19 out back.
>>
>>15305548
Benz driver detected
>>
They'll be fine for your WRX
I have them on my ISF, saw a guy at the S/o/cal meet the other day had them on his C5 Z06
I personally don't think they're good enough for an ISF, but will exceed your expectations in a WRX. If you want affordable performance tires you can daily on I'd suggest the S04 PP like >>15305057 said
Bit lower treadwear, but if them running out 5k miles quicker is going to break the bank then you shouldn't bother messing with a WRX.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>15305616
Nope
>>
>>15305548
>305
Why, you should be running 275, do you not understand how car tires work?
>>
>>15305632
Well shit, deh he is lol.
>>
>>15303193
>Also, Tire recommendation thread?
If you are considering Ventus V2 from Hankook for any type of hooning this summer (summer tires), then look at the thread below for various tire types described by their users along with useful noise info.

>>15264039

As for HooNinG, the picture shows a chinese tire claimed to be better than most michelin types. In my opinion, the shoulders of that tire are a dead giveaway that it is not a hooning tire. The tread pattern seems to have been made by an amateur (or a graphic designer) who wanted symmetry. That ignores that hooning causes BOTH different loads AND different directions for those loads on the inside and outsides of the tires. That's why directional tires exist. But this chinese tire is totally symmetrical. Blah. But hey, it is claimed to be a high performance tire for spirited drivers in all seasons.
>>
>>15303193
In the future, if OP makes typographical errors in numbers, and refuses to correct them in a subsequent post, then people should not correct the numbers such as V2 and simply give him the wrong advice based upon the typographical error.

>>15306423
>chinese tire
China has quite a few tire makers (retreads) and tire manufacturers. If you directly import chinese tires, you might get retreads and not know it because they don't use USA markings for retreads (R-DOT).

Retreading of radial tires is a significant busines and saves a lot on costs. In India, the cost of a retread can be 1/4 of a new tire provided that you supply the carcass to be evaluated and retreaded.

http://www.retreadtire.org/

It might be humourous if chinese retreaders took Hankook "super econ basic tire" and retreaded them to look like michelin pilot super sports. Alphonse would be one of the first to use those tires as he can finally afford something on his neet lifestyle. With tires, he can finally come out of the basement trolling and instead try some driving even if it is on chinese retreaded tires.
>>
File: SRI.jpg (5 KB, 250x150) Image search: [Google]
SRI.jpg
5 KB, 250x150
>he fell for the tire meme

tires don't do shit. put a cold air intake on if you wanna go fast
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.