[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Water in car
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 720x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 720x489
Wife left window opened and it rained anyone have any tricks to get the water out and the smell is apparently she didn't bother telling me about this anyone have any tricks to get the water out and the smell has apparently she didn't bother telling me about this in till about a week later entill a week later
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 640x480
Bump
>>
please stop making fwd drivers feel bad
>>
>>15298784
Get a big bag of rice and leave your car in there for a week, should be good after that. Maybe some air freshener too to really seal the deal
>>
white distilled vinegar use baking soda and a wet/dry shop vac to suck it all up.
>>
>>15298784
Divorce, otherwise steam clean your carpets with a commercial rental steamer and hope you don't have to replace them. Sorry bud, you're fucked.
>>
>>15298855
thats not gonna kill or remove the mildew.
>>
>>15298864
Why do you want him to make a fucking volcano in his car
>>
>>15298872
If you completely submerge the car in the rice and seal the bag, should asphyxiate the mildew.
>>
>>15298784
For the water- go to walmart and get one of those air water collectors. Damp rid is a good one I think. It will gather all the water and keep it in a bag for you to dispose of.

For the smell-Ozium works the best.

Source: I drive a miata with a torn top.
>>
>>15298886
There is no reason to use a desiccant unless he can't just leave his windows open.
>>
>>15298873
you dont mix them at the same time.

you kill the mildew with vinegar.

the baking soda has two effects, one it turn the vinegar into water and co2 which gets rid of the smell, and 2 it acts as a mild abrasive to get rid of the mildew

then use a shop vac to suck it up.
>>
>>15298908
nigga what kind of poverty shit is that, just rent a steamer from a grocery store for like $25
>>
>>15298879
>Next, on Top Gea-
Fuck
>>
>>15298784
The answer was in a past detailing thread which the troll posters pushed off page 10. I barely remember any of the details, but there was something like step by step for someone who had smelly seats. The thread below is similar but the other thread described taking the seat out, using a wet-dry-vac on the top side of the fabric, then applying liquid on the bottom. The seat is on its side of course. The liquid is sucked thru the material and thus carries away the bacteria, mold, and smelly proteins they made. The home chemicals used were listed, but don't remember.

https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15010954/#q15010954

Ahh, looking at the thread, it is alcohol. The 91% they sell at sam's club was the example. It was used first because alcohol in that concentration denatured the protein bonds so that they didn't stick as hard to the material. Then cleaning liquid (soapy solution i guess) is used to carry out the loosened bodies of bacteria, mold, and protein byproducts that smelled. Can't find that other thread. Darn the trollers that keep shoving threads with info away.
>>
>>15298908
>you kill the mildew with vinegar.

Acetic acid is the active ingredient in vinegar and really shouldn't be used on porous materials but on hard surfaces.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.