[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fuel pump is taking a shit on a 2000 F150 that my mom has.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 2000 Ford F150 XLT.jpg (461 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
2000 Ford F150 XLT.jpg
461 KB, 1600x1200
The fuel pump is taking a shit on a 2000 F150 that my mom has. Are there any tips on how I can salvage the one it has before resorting to tearing out the gas tank? Any tricks? It's hot as fuck out there and I would rather not devote the next day to doing that. Any help is truly appreciated.

As an aside, whats the best place to find a haynes manual for a 2000 f150? this god damn truck is giving me migraines. Much appreciated.
>>
Fuel system cleaner and good luck
>>
>>15295817
now can the fuel system cleaner just be put in the tank and left at that, or does it need to circulate? The thing wont start at all :/
>>
File: lolwut.png (336 KB, 623x390) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.png
336 KB, 623x390
>>15295820

>fuel system cleaner
>system

Well it's not going to clean much if it can't circulate into the pump. If the pump is strictly dead and won't pump fuel, you need to replace it. Chances are this truck belongs in the trash, like any other 16 year old Ford truck. Tell your mom to go finance herself a nice Mitsubishi Mirage and call it a day.
>>
>>15295812
>Are there any tips
There's lots of Ford forums out there and bound to be F150 forums because that was and is a popular model. Fuel Pump problems would definitely have been discussed over there. When getting advice, a lot of times having moderated forums means people don't deliberately give you bad advice. It's part of the reason why anonymous trollers hate tripcode users on 4chan. They're afraid that tripcode users will build up a positive reputation and thus be difficult or impossible for anon trollers to pull down into the muck. Go visit those moderated forums for solid non troll advice.
>>
That pumps not so bad to do. If you remove the driveshaft it makes things much less painful. Start soaking the strap bolts in wd40 now. Make sure it gets on the threads.

Most of the time you'll need to replace the straps due to rot. Good idea to buy them with the pump and also replace the fuel filter.
>>
>>15296048
shit man, my expertise only goes so far. I've never had the hands on skills my dad had so I really don't have the confidence to do that myself. Ill look into getting it done with a mechanic though.
>>
>>15296141
Check youtube
>>
>>15295886
That's pretty bad advice. You don't seem to know much about automobiles.
>>
Are you sure its the pump? Could be an issue with the pumps electricals.
>>
>>15295812
>The fuel pump is taking a shit on a 2000 F150 that my mom has.

What does taking a shit mean? Take a look in your fuse block at the fuel pump fuse to verify it was not blown. If it was blown, then there are some forum results worth reading., Just google the following phrase:

what causes fuel pump fuse to blow?

From those, people have found that if the fuel filter is clogged, then the fuse might blow if a pump was starved and without fuel, its pumping action went hyper thus drawing more current and blowing the fuse. Also posted in those forums, someone said some cars have more than one pump with the one in the tank being the secondary pump.
>>
>>15295812
Have you replaced all the fuel filters?
>>
Use a cut off wheel and make a flap in the bed above the fuel pump/tank for easy access to replace it. Cut 3 sides of a square in the bed (to make a flap), bend the metal up, replace pump, bend metal back down and use self tappers drilled into a bed cross brace to hold the flap down to the bed.
>>
Verify the relay and the fuse for the fuel pump are good, then, if you have a few friends to help, or a hoist, unbolt the bed and lift it off.
It's only 6-8 bolts a few wires to unhook. Then you can test the new fuel pump to make sure it works without reassembling everything. I have gotten bad fuel pumps off the shelf before, and there could be an issue elsewhere..

Note: this does not apply to short bed crew cabs, you have to drop the tank on those.
>>
>>15295812
I drove that truck for a month for work. Toughest truck I've ever driven. Never quit on me.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.