[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/hou/ - The next days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /o/ - Auto

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: New Thread.jpg (3 MB, 4250x2823) Image search: [Google]
New Thread.jpg
3 MB, 4250x2823
Previous Thread: >>15279138

What a successful run, saw many new faces and some great cars too. Loved the enthusiasm we all had for the run. Some of ya'll took a leave right after the meetup on Happy Teahouse and I think some even got lost or didn't contact again while heading to the run location, well you missed a lot of fun. The road was absolutely gorgeous and all our
cars together running in a straight line looked beautiful with nothing but the noise of our engines. The woods were dark with no street lights with just our high beams and once with the cop's flashing lights. I'm glad most of us made it to the starting point, hope to see ya'll next time!

There were some complaints about many things such as: lack of information on direction, speeding, leaving others behind, and even meeting at the wrong places. Look at the previous thread for more details. Changes will come but some of you really need to keep checking the thread to know what's going on.

and to..THE NEWS:

GS400 has got the stickers ready, some of ya'll can meet him up to get it or perhaps get them on a mini meet.

The Fast and The Furious has a one time showing on the 22nd, more information on this post
>>15292462

//

If you have any ideas or suggestions, please feel free to share. /hou/ has grown in numbers exponentially so we need to start being more organized in the way we do things.

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
> https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the group /hou/
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android
> http://zello.com/channels/k/enuwI
>>
>>15292677
Also:

At times it's hard to anticipate when you will arrive at the meet location, so if you're coming from afar leave a bit early then. We generally stay at the meeting location for an hour,
so that should give you enough time.
Keep checking the threads for updates, especially the last few hours before meeting.
We do roll calls before meeting up so we know who to expect.
Once we are out on the road, the group WILL be divided for many reasons such as traffic, speed, different routes
so make sure you are ready for those things. If some people are really behind, the lead group will usually drive the
speed limit, this should give you enough time to catch up. If you're not comfortable with driving too fast because of
cops or some other reasons, stick to a slower group. There will always be speeders, cruisers and the ones who are both.
Since we have a large crowd now, I think we should arrange the groups before we leave just to be on the safe side.
>>
>>15292677
I'm glad someone's willing to put in the effort for a detailed OP, I usually start most of them but haven't had a lot of energy lately. Glad to see the dedication.
>>
Another thing I've noticed is, since we tend to hit bump limit really fucking quickly once we get any sort of semblance of momentum in conversation, we tend to quickly forget good or interesting ideas that were posed in the previous thread because "out of sight, out of mind." Someone (and I'll try to do it too) should build the master list of previous threads and comb through them, because I know for a fact we've had at least half a dozen really good ideas that have just never been touched on again because a new thread was made shortly after.
>>
>>15292677
>it takes this picture for me to realize just how shit my posture is

Jesus Christ.
>>
File: man-no-sleep[1].jpg (31 KB, 595x240) Image search: [Google]
man-no-sleep[1].jpg
31 KB, 595x240
>>15292710
Thanks m8, I want the links part to become a sticky for future threads. Generally I like that layout, it might have been you who started with "the news" which I thought was a great idea.

Also insomnia so can't sleep. Got a lot going in my mind right now, what new to add to /hou/, how to keep things organized, preventive maintenance costs on the SC, and ofc whatAmIDoingWithMyLife.flac. Which reminds me, I'm a fool to not setup the tripod in my passenger seat and record the run, maybe it would showed up real nice.. shit

>>15292730
Yeah sorry about, for this one I just wanted to make a nice layout just so we can stick to some standard for newer threads. It will make us look more organized and might even help some people if they can't find certain things in the thread.

That's a good idea of having a master list, it will take sometime though to go through them all. Losing the momentum of interesting conversations in the previous threads sometimes makes the new threads quite boring.

>>15292752
kek
>>
>>15292762
>Also insomnia so can't sleep. Got a lot going in my mind right now, what new to add to /hou/, how to keep things organized, and ofc whatAmIDoingWithMyLife.flac

Pretty much in the same boat.

So much to accomplish, so many scattered thoughts.

I think one big thing that'll have to be addressed soon, if numbers keep increasing the way they do, is reconciling everyone's differing visions for the group. I think initially no one even believed we could build enough interest to even make a meet at all, but by the first meet we already had different ideas of where we wanted it to end up.

Of course you're always going to have your casual crowd that will see this as nothing more than a silly 4chan meet that acts as a surrogate for more normie meets, and they're not much interested in any deeper activities, but I know there are a handful of participants who want a more serious and focused underground network for hype thrills, and I don't see the two coexisting well, especially if we have people complaining about not being able to keep up to 5,000 lb land barges at 90 mph.

Which is why I've always supported the proposal of split teams. One team for the people who just want to be the "lol so WAT" and just want to chillax, and a team for those who want to go maximum overdrive together, and of course having overlap where applicable.

I know no one wants to create division, but the bigger we get with no plan, the more likely we are to cultivate division naturally anyway, so may as well plan around it.
>>
File: 1446495056455.jpg (92 KB, 1260x709) Image search: [Google]
1446495056455.jpg
92 KB, 1260x709
Got my gang sticker.
>>
Where do you senpai even go for a nice drive in Houston?
>>
>>15292987
Out of Houston.
>>
File: PoorMan'sSupra.png (249 KB, 540x517) Image search: [Google]
PoorMan'sSupra.png
249 KB, 540x517
>>15292892
Yea I guess we do have different opinions about that, I just think having divisions might just unnecessarily divide people. The way I see it is, you wanna go for a cruise, post it on the thread, you want to do a serious run, post it on the thread then. Those who want to do runs will do those runs, but I think monthly meets can just be divided into groups of people who want to cruise or speed right before we leave the meeting location even if it means we are doing the same run.

Sure, there will always be people who are here for the casual meet ups, relaxing or even cruising, which is totally fine, but as I said, if you wanna do it, post it on the thread and see if anyone hits you up. I just I have this fear that once we start labeling, we will see less of each groups and perhaps that might just break /hou/ and even make the conversations less interesting.

Now here's something, we can just get the numbers of those who want to do high speed toegays and contact each other about it and plan it out ourselves. Then again, those things should be posted on the thread just in case anyone is interested...

Obviously all this is pure speculation and there's no telling what will happen and how things will end up. Seeing that there are so many aut/o/ fags here makes me wonder how large of a group we can get. I think we actually might be the highest numbered group from all /o/ meets. Which is great because that means there is high potential in this city. I kinda want /hou/ to evolve by itself without any sudden forces, see how things go ya know. But hey, I might be wrong, perhaps going with the division route is better. We should talk about it in the thread later on see what everyone thinks about it. I should try to get some sleep now...

>>15292987
A lot of police near memorial park, but it's a nice place if you want to go for a cruise..at speed limit.. Other than that.. just like >>15292991 said, go outside of Houston.
>>
ヒューストン - Hyūsuton
>>
>>15292677
I've never seen so many disheveled beta males in one place.
>>
>>15292933
Need to get one of these!

>>15293279
Here we have the species homoerectus-poster, also known as Calicuck.
>>
>>15293279
Have you tried looking in the mirror?
>>
>>15293300
No but I have a jaw line and have shirts that aren't dirty t shirts. Also my pants fit and I have picked up girls in public in the past.
>>
Still can't go to sleep, I updated the dropbox since some of the files were still in RAW.NEF format, now they are all jpg so they should show up.
>>
File: IMG_20160619_084541195_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160619_084541195_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
>>15293315
>implying everything I wear isn't new

ignore Cali posters
hide Cali threads
don't reply to caliposts

>>15292933
famalam
>>
>>15292677
>>15292677
DAT DRAGON SHIRT DOEEE
>>
>>15293374
Was he the trap?
>>
>>15293383
Unless the trap was Crosstour's companion, no one there was passable as female.
>>
>>15293360
>Calicucks literally this threatened by Hou supremacy
>>
3 S2ks now?! dam man. They're growing.
>>
That's me in the dragon shirt and, no, I'm not a trap.

I wear a suit and tie every day; that's one of my wrenching shirts.
>>
File: 1980 MGB LE rear by SC400.jpg (1 MB, 3958x2629) Image search: [Google]
1980 MGB LE rear by SC400.jpg
1 MB, 3958x2629
>>
We need to know Crosstour, was your friend the trap?
>>
>>15292677
We really do need to cool it on the speed on 290 though. Not only is that road beat to shit and an active construction zone, y'all forgot that convertibles with the top down have drag like a motherfucker. I've hit 115 in my Miata with the top up before with little problem, but with the top down it took everything it had to keep up with the S2K at 105.
>>
>>15293617
I know I'm not exactly driving a 1.6 NA Miata, but I was cruising pretty well with the group on 290 until a truck cut in front of me. After that I had to go 120+ just to catch up lel. No complaints though, I had fun.
>>
>>15293412
>>15293383
>>15293596

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

YOU SICKOS ACTUALLY BRING TRANSFREAKS OUT IN PUBLIC.

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW YOU WILL
>never feel the touch of a woman
>Have to get your little nerd friends to put on a wig and "take one for the team"
> never reproduce
>hope, at best, that people won't publicly express thier inner disgust.
>Die alone

God damn if I couldnt get laid and had to dress up my buddy like a girl I'd off myself pretty fucking quick.
>>
>>15293653
sounds like you have autism
>>
>>15293659
No I am a socially confident 7/10 who knows how to talk to women and dress himself. I'm so much better than a deranged shut-in lover of transfreaks. Written from this sluts bed I banged last night
>>
>>15293665
yep, autism
>>
Who wants to go halfsies on this car?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5617320857.html

I'll put in $500.
>>
>>15293671
What, you think Chad doesn't have a phone with Clover? It's current year and guess what bitch boy? This isnt your gay little /wizchab/ safe space
>>
>>15293651
You also had your top up.
>>
>>15293753
With the top down, I was hitting about the same on 149 with even smaller stretches to get up to speed. That being said, I'm at about double the HP of that 1.6, so i can undersand why you would be frustrated trying to cruise at 110+.
>>
>going 120 on us290
y'all niggas crazy
>>
>>15293809
120 isn't even that fast.
>>
>>15293911
>>
>>15293722
I'm intrigued. What're your skills?
>>
>>15293722
Hmm what's the catch it seems cheap for the condition
>>
>>15293906
Tell that to the DPS pulling you over or the minivan merging with no acceleration lane. I wanted to check one of these meets out but I can't afford doing irresponsible stuff like that.
>>
>>15294232
Then don't. Idk why y'all think that just because someone else is doing it you have to as well. Drive at your own pace, only once we reach our run spot then you can get ready to push the pedal all the way. Besides, if THAT is the reason why you didn't come then it's better off you don't come to /hou/ meets, you seem like a person who will blame others for things and whine about things because they aren't going your way. We don't want that kind of bullshit here.
>>
>>15293917
It's true, some/hou/ is always lurking at other threads.
>>
>>15294232
>DPS
>minivan with no acceleration lane

What is strength in numbers, and what the fuck is the left lane for?
>>
File: 720312658_79443.jpg (138 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
720312658_79443.jpg
138 KB, 1280x960
Pic related is the last time I was pulled over when I was in a big cruise with my friends. Nobody got a ticket.
>>
>>15294394
>strength in numbers
That might work on HPD but DPS will literally pull all you fuckers over at once. They do multiple car stops all the time.
>>
>>15294232
>>15294394
I'm old enough to remember the 2004 street racan bust and need my license clean for work. I cant be associating with people that drive double the limit on a mostly two lane, mostly construction, mostly busy road.
>>
>>15294582
If you don't want to go fast, just don't go fast. I'm sure there will be people that want to be in the slow group.
>>
File: crx.jpg (33 KB, 600x395) Image search: [Google]
crx.jpg
33 KB, 600x395
>still no one using the FUCKING ROSTER SHEET CMON GUYS WHAT THE FUCK
>>
>>15294407
I'd love higher resolution of this to use as a desktop if you would be so kind.
>>
>went to first meet
>had a fucking blast
>last two major meets gf's car shit the bed one hour before I'd have to leave
>I've been out of the loop so long I doubt anyone remembers me

Maybe I'm not fit for the car scene.
>>
>>15294582
No sweat m8.

When your ready to live and be witnessed let us know.
>>
File: 14519105114970.png (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
14519105114970.png
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>15293315
Dude, get the fuck out of here and get back on /fa/. We're not here for clothes.
If you want to talk shit, take it to either a Cali thread or another board.

>>15293360
Love the stickers. I'll try to get to a meet with everyone as soon as I can.

>>15293725
Okay, bud.

>>15294711
At least you've been to one meet, anon.

I almost have enough money to buy a shit box now. :^)
>>
>>15293315

I will fight you irl
>>
>>15293360
Breh when can I get my sticker

t. Black s-two-thousand
>>
If you want a sticker before the fnf meet or the mini meet or next meet send me a pm on zello
>>
>>15294232
I know crown Vic's top out at 150 and all but they get there really fucking slowly you know that right?
>>
>>15295254
If we're going 100+ then the Vic has to catch up from a DIG. Not to mention the inevitable wheel spin.

>>15294485
Tell me, exactly, how someone is going to pull over 20 cars in the middle of the night.

>>15294582
Then don't?
>>
File: smugglers run.jpg (107 KB, 604x850) Image search: [Google]
smugglers run.jpg
107 KB, 604x850
>>15294582
>>15294232
Then just stick with the cruisers. That's literally what they're for: for the people who want to make the run but don't want to risk wrecking/a speeding ticket. The MG never broke the speed limit and nobody gave a shit.

This isn't some chickenshit game with nothing on the line. We're talking 1-ton vehicles moving at high rates of speed, where fucking up can see your car wrecked at best and you fucking dead at worst. If you don't want to take that risk, nobody is going to fault you for it and nobody is going to make you break into triple-digit speeds.
>>
>>15295182

I'll grab one at the FnF meet
Shit's gonna be fucking cash
>>
>>15294722
I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, but I will find you, and I will agree with you.
>>
>>15295406
>>15293035

That is probably the thing we need the most work on. There wasn't a cohesive "cruiser" group, it was just the people who got left behind at the tail end of the pack. I think a lot of the complaining we're seeing post-meet is from the people who might have gone in the cruiser group, but felt they had to go outside their comfort zone to try and keep up with everyone going 100+ to not get lost.

We just need to set that group up beforehand and designate a leader for it so people can pack up with them if they want.
>>
>>15295406
>We're talking 1-ton vehicles
Nigger please. I'm the only one here with a vehicle that weighs anything near 1-ton.
>>
>>15293988
>>15294045
Got a reply from the seller.

"It's a project it does start and runs but needs work tires it does have rust.. for the money you're getting a pretty good car I believe"

Really want to buy it, but don't know if I can put the full $900 down right now. I'd pay back whoever chips in, and make copies of the key. Could be a crew car of sorts.
>>
>>15295738
The important thing is that you don't fuck around with cars if you don't think you've got the skill to do it. The penalties are too great if you fuck up.
>>
I guess we should start building a list of ragequitters?

>Herbie/Beetle
>C-Section/Crosstour
>>
>>15295741

h/o/u community project car anyone?
>>
>>15293906
You know that a lot of vehicles, especially older vehicles, are governed to 110 or 115, right?
>>
>>15295765
Including mine. It's not that fast on a highway once you get there.
>>
>>15295774
Mine is limited to 115 by drag with the top up, 105 with the top down.
>>
>>15295732
I'm willing to spearhead the cruisers group. That's what my cars are built for. I also tend to have enough tools and spare parts in the trunk to fix most issues, should need be.

>>15295741
I'm intrigued. See me at the FnF meet and we'll discuss it.
>>
>>15295967
It's either you or Brit, since the two of you have the most distinctive cars.
>>
>>15295967
>>15296021
These are some good ideas. I think one more idea we can add is that we have both designated party leaders for the respective groups, and then decide on a designated caboose as well. It's just as important to know who's at the tail end to maintain maximum cohesion.

This way you can just radio the caboose for a sitrep, and he can literally see everyone in front, so it's easier to catch people who are getting lost, splitting off, or if the caboose is falling behind.
>>
>>15295254
>150
that is the biggest pile of horseshit ive ever heard. Civilian Vics are limited to 110, PI models are 120 except for a brief streatch in the early 2000's where they could touch 130, but at those speeds you start generating too much lift on the front end to make it a good idea.
>>
>>15295254
You can't outrun a radio.
>>
>>15296126
>literally any Houston area cop is cucked unless he calls for backup or initiates pursuit

By the time we split off, he has to choose one to follow. 1 in 25 odds.
>>
>>15296081
We should get some kind of distinctive lighting to make it easier to identify which cars in the pack are ours too.

A glow stick or something.
>>
>>15296146
Pretty sure I can pick up a pack of them from Party City and we can tape them to the cars. The glow lasts at least one night.

Apologies to whoever cares about clearcoat or finish.
>>
>>15296168
Which color would be most distinctive under the orange glow of the street lamps?
>>
>>15296146
That kind of cohesion is really only needed on the run itself, and when we're doing that we don't need identification. The fact you're part of the pack is ID enough. Afterwards, we just need to set a post-meet point so we all know where to join back up.

That's another thing we need to work on: the post-run was a cockup. When we got told to git from the gas station, people said move over to the Wal-Mart parking lot to coordinate, but then everyone just tore off down SH6 back to Houston.
>>
>>15296173
Blue is orange's complement.
>>
>>15296189
That's what happened at the first meet too.

RIP BRZ
>>
>>15296189

I'm actually not totally averse to the glowstick idea myself, it is fairly subtle and effective
>>
>>15296189
>people said

That's the thing, no one heard anything on Zello, so there was a breakdown of communication. Maybe it was a decision made outside of group consultation.

>>15296207
Also, what he said. We seemed to have messed it up in that regard at meets #1 and #3, but #2 we actually had good and understandable checkpoints. We need to bring that system back.

People agree unanimously on which spot we stop at so everyone can regroup as needed. Depending on the length of the run, 2-3 checkpoints/rally points.
>>
everyone being on zello is a big deal too and needs to happen
>>
>>15296227
Phones sometimes stop working properly, so we can't rely on Zello for everything.

Also with tops or windows down at 100+ speeds, it's nigh impossible to hear or be heard over Zello.
>>
>>15296227
>yfw there were still at least 3+ people without Zello

I'm not even that mad (although a little), but how is that even possible? It was mentioned like three times per thread, then mentioned like 5 times at the departure point. You have to be *trying* to be this obtuse.
>>
>>15296245
Crown Vic at least doesn't have a smartphone.

>>15296243
That too. Zello is of limited use when you can't hear anything or be understood if you try and speak over it. And that's if you even have signal; a bunch of us lost signal for a while during the run.
>>
>>15296216
We'll need two sticks for each car at the least. One front and one back so we can quickly identify if someone is falling behind or identify the group in traffic if we fall behind.
>>
>>15296261
There are shortcomings, but I seriously can't think of a more cost effective solution. Actual two-ways are $20 a pair at their cheapest, and they have limited range.

Open to suggestions.
>>
>>15296270
I have a Baofeng UB5R. It's pretty great.

You can program it to listen in on TDCJ's radios if you're near a prison.
>>
>>15296268
Good thing they're cheap as all fuck:

http://www.partycity.com/product/glow+sticks.do?from=Search&oq=glow+sticks
>>
>>15296270
I'm not saying "We need something better", I'm saying that Zello has inherent shortcomings that we need to keep in mind while using it.
>>
>>15296287
Some time this week we should get a couple guys out there with multiple colors of glow stick to see which ones work the best under the lighting conditions of Houston's freeways.
>>
Grey camry anon here

She finally died after my dad fucked her up. Lasted over 500k miles, died a few days ago. I planned to replace her with something more comfy, but I'm going to have to get something sooner. In the meantime my mom is letting me drive her old Nissan Rogue.

I hope to get to one of these meets, since /hou/ seems to be getting more organized.
>>
>>15296305
Willing to volunteer my car for glow stick experiments. Let me know when.
>>
>>15296311
FR/Ss are hugely discounted due to the Scion badge being phased out if you're looking for something new.
>>
>>15296311
H-Town, hol' it down.

Hou never dies. Crew never dies.

Hope to see you at #4.
>>
>>15296126
I'm glad I'm wrong about that one
>>
>>15296311
Get this, then get with Dracula to make it great again.

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5638731600.html
>>
>>15296317
I've been looking for a comfy barge or truck since I'm a hamplanet with a fucked-up ass and back. Originally I wanted a FiST or FR-S but after driving one I was in a lot of pain.

Currently looking at the Lexus lineup, Mazda 6 GT, Ferd Flex and Taurus SHO, and a GMC Canyon SLT DURAMAX.

It's quite a fucking varied list, but I'm trying to narrow it down.

>>15296322
Hope to see you too.

>>15296355
>condition: fair
kek

I'd love to do a project car once I'm done with all my surgeries.
>>
>>15296369
How about a 5.0 FC in the middle of conversion?

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5613161743.html
>>
I used headphones with zello. I heard everything.

Even the guy eating a sandwich every time he talked.
>>
>>15296377
I'll think about it, probably buy one and wait a bit to complete it. Get a new car to daily and slowly complete the project.

Personally I'd prefer a RX-7 to have the original Dorito to go with it.
>>
Also, we need volunteers for the following positions:

>DJ
Whoever's got the loudest speakers + aux or some form of custom input for a tailored soundtrack.

>Sentry
Someone manning the police scanner. Whoever has 2 or more devices so they can listen to Zello and PD. Would notify group if anything of interest is heard.

>Scout
Someone who actively drives out to different areas and compiles road condition reports and surveys possible alternatives any time prior to the meet.

>RX-8/Roadblock
Someone who's willing to block traffic when needed. We don't expect many takers for this position, but he'll be out of commission for another year, at least.

>Heat
Probably not even worth mentioning since it seems we already have people who do this anyway, but anyone packing heat in case a nigga wants to get silly with us.

>Broadcasters
Focus ST is currently the only member with a dash cam, and Dagumi has one on the way, but the more people who have one, the better. We've also toyed with the idea of livestreaming some of our events, so if someone wants to experiment with live driving broadcasts, feel free to chip in.

>AAA
Someone who brings tools and/or has a AAA membership, since, to my understanding, the person with AAA can call for any other car to be towed or serviced, so long as the person calling is a member. Volunteers for this would be an emergency preventative measure in case something goes wrong mechanically and we're in a less populated area.

>Graphic Designer
Pretty much anyone can try their hand at this. Just keep trying to come up with banners, OP images, stickers, and general visual designs for the crew. The more ideas thrown in, the more we have to work with.

>Photographer
SC is already doing an excellent job, but just like with broadcasters, the more the merrier. One is always bound to catch something the other missed.

There may be more I'm forgetting.
>>
Zello tends to cut out for fags like me with boost mobile so if I'm suddenly logged out in the heat of a run its not on purpose. This happened last time when me and dagumi went to scout the road. I want a better program desu or communication method.
>>
File: awshucks.jpg (32 KB, 534x401) Image search: [Google]
awshucks.jpg
32 KB, 534x401
>>15296143
>running from the police
how summer is this thread
>>
>>15296405
https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7A

Everyone here can afford one.
>>
>>15296426

I'm down for getting one of these myself
>>
File: PathsFerrol.jpg (32 KB, 718x572) Image search: [Google]
PathsFerrol.jpg
32 KB, 718x572
>>15296404
>lawyer
Some one who can get our sentences reduced when we get absolutely fucked by the law
>>
>>15296404
>>Heat
>Probably not even worth mentioning since it seems we already have people who do this anyway, but anyone packing heat in case a nigga wants to get silly with us.
Honestly, this should be everyone.

We're Texans for fuck's sake.
>>
>>15296448

>>15294289
>>
>>15296404

OK I've been scouting, and in case y'all didn't guess it by now basically infinite gas from my job. I have a radar detector and adding a go pro and scanner to my car isn't too far-fetched of a near future possibility. I carry almost all the tools I own in my trunk at all times, except my jackstands, grinder, and drill.

I won't block a road with my car but I fully volunteer cvpi autist for that position

>aaa
>scout
>sentry

I got that, but I'm going to be a bit shit at everything else especially photography and graphic design.

I can dj from my nigged out stereo system, but I just need a way to broadcast it on an autismroom but have hello on and active at the same time because I think zello has too much bullshit built in to limit your message length and frequency and desu it was extremely obtrusive especially when I'm trying to broadcast an important turn or a note
>>
>>15296404
>We've also toyed with the idea of livestreaming some of our events

Dumb as fuck. Don't give the cops rope to hang us with.
>>
>>15296543
Someone could go on a solo cruise and there'd be no information to go off of. We don't have to broadcast street races, but some people are interested to see what the roads look like for those who can't make it, or maybe the scout can show us roads ahead of time.
>>
>>15296535
>infinite gas from my job
HOW
>>
I'd also like to again suggest that we try and find a less cramped parking area next time. I like the idea of us meeting up at a tea house or something along those lines, but it was slightly high traffic where we were and there was very little space
>>
>>15296586
This. Something much more expansive. We need room for 25 of us, and that shit was the size of a bowling lane.
>>
I've got AAA and a full set of tools at nearly all times; typically 8 tows a year through AAA.

I'd also like to suggest that we start the meet at Dave & Busters as well as ending it there. That way, if people want a "sit and chill" meet, they have it; if they need a familiar location in case they get lost, they have it. I believe that parking there is also superior to the Tea House.
>>
>>15296586
>>15296601
We're moving to d&b's from now on.
>>
>>15296622
Nah senpai. Let's do Chuck E Cheese.
>>
>>15296690
I don't know if you're being facetious, but Chuck E. Cheese is badass, step off. I'd unironically hold a meet there.
>>
NEXT MEET: KEMAH BOARDWALK
JULY 4TH
7PM
>>
>>15296740
y tho
>>
>>15296751
Ski ball and fireworks, nigga.
>>
>>15295967
Found the location it's at:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Performance+Discount,+2505+Shaver+St,+Pasadena,+TX+77502/@29.6712945,-95.1938924,14z/

They seem to be open 9-5, and the ad's been up for 16 days. I just hope I can get it before someone else does. As long as I can drive it back in one piece, I'll consider it a victory.
>>
Adopted from Brit /o/

https://houhq.slack.com
>>
>>15296426
yeah ill buy one as soon as possible
>>
Since I didn't show up at the Coffee and Cars meet this month that Dagumi and SC went to, I decided to check their facebook out. I assumed they probably have better pictures than SC, but no, I was wrong. I can't believe we have a better photographer than the guy's at Coffee & Cars, SC has way better pictures than those guys. We really need to get some good pictures of our cars and also get an official group picture or something.
>>
>>15297082
Mini meet with full squad formation photoshoot when?
>>
Oh, and we need to do some rolling shots.
>>
>>15297117
We need to find a big enough lot to line everyone up side-by-side.
>>
>>15297173
Brookshire Brothers was the place, no one went for it.
>>
>>15297260
The lighting sucked, anon. We have to take that shot in the daytime.
>>
Check it, my niggas. Abandoned airfields.

http://www.airfields-freeman.com/TX/Airfields_TX.htm
>>
>>15297082
>>15297117
>>15297133
>>15297173
I still got a lot to learn, hopefully I'll get better by time.

So just to let you y'all know, these are somethings that will make the pictures look real good.
The time of the day is preferred to be noon or on a cloudy day so we don't get sun reflections.
A huge parking space is always nice whether it's for one car or multiple cars, doing a group
photo will require some planning out to get a nice detail of all cars, I'll look into and let y'all
know later on. Also, having some sort of a building or landmark is always nice to have,
something like in this picture I took of GS, it focuses on the car but it doesn't make the picture
look empty. Those shots are usually what you would keep as your desktop wallpaper but they
always look damn nice.

So what we need is basically a huge parking lot or a huge open area, can be somewhat offroad too.
Preferably something with a nice background to give better impact.
>>
File: DSC_0113.jpg (2 MB, 4218x2802) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0113.jpg
2 MB, 4218x2802
>>15297372
Oops forgot pic
>>
>>15295808
miata?
>>15296126
>>15296143
I hope you dont go to the west side cause they have chargers and there some cop with a SS camaro now.
>>15296404
>Raceway
$15 night drags almost every week and no chance of getting a ticket
>>15297386
AW SHIT Kenny and Ziggy's in the background. My inner jew is loving this.
>>
>>15297017
How do I join this exactly?
>>
>>15296740
fug that. Out in Katy you can launch firework on the high way. Ask me how i know.
>>
>>15297399
>no chance of getting a ticket

That's half the fun.
>>
>>15297459
You can't play skiball on the highway though.
>>
>>15297473
Not with that attitude.
>>
>>15297399
>there some cop with a SS camaro now.
I've seen that fuck. He grabbed two people at the Shepard/I-10 intersection while I was waiting for an inspection. I didn't know HPD had gotten any Camaros, but I'm not surprised. They used to have them in the 90s.
>>
>>15297473
Do you know how fun it is to hold a roman candle as you drive down the highway with your top down?
>>15297475
OH SHIT he's got you there!
>>15297472
>summer
>>
Instagrams?
>>
>>15297482
They have a few SRT8 chargers, 2 camaros, and a few SHOs. they upped their game here.
>>
>>15297486
Are you the one calling everyone who's not afraid of the law summer? You're welcome to go to a Reddit meet if you want a safe space that has no revving or burnouts and cops present. ;)
>>
File: BOOGYMEN.png (272 KB, 522x531) Image search: [Google]
BOOGYMEN.png
272 KB, 522x531
>>15297508
>HPD gaining the ability and will to go after speeders

the horror

the horror
>>
>>15297486
I'd rather not get pulled over and beaten by cops for playing with explosives on the interstate.
>>
>>15297511
im a trip fag. do you really think i would post with out a trip?

>>15297519
inb4 lambo cops
>>
>>15297508
>Charger
>Camaro
>SHO
So basically all we have to do is hit 149 and we'll never see them again.
>>
>>15297537
considering 149 is several cities and two counties away, yes I think we will have little trouble with the Houston PD there
>>
>>15297528
Then we have a lot more bitch ass cowards in this thread than I thought. I will never understand these fools who are petrified to exceed the speed limit.

Know your area.
>>
>>15297577
>would rather go to a track and not worry about cops
>coward
Yeah no, its summer in here.
>>
>>15297590
>paying $15 to go in a straight line for 20 seconds

Riveting.
>>
>>15297599
>complaining about spending $15
Welp, now i know you ride the bus
>>
>>15297577

I for one comfortably ride 40 mph over the speed limit to get to work every day
>>
>>15297614

don't go fast if you don't want to go fast. Stop stomping your feet and shouting "summer" in every post. No one at the meet was even that young, you're being a dickhead.
>>
>>15297616
That's what I'm talking about. Real nigga hours.
>>
File: 1457929978212.png (210 KB, 436x323) Image search: [Google]
1457929978212.png
210 KB, 436x323
>>15295765
>>15295808
>speedo pegs at 85
>car probably tops out at 90 but have no way to check
>mfw

With the top down, I feel like I'm going like 40 mph faster than I actually am regardless.
>>
>>15297627
>call one person summer
>get told off for every summer post
GG

Also its great you speed and all, but if we're gonna race each other, why not doing where we can focus fully on racing and not having to watch for cops or pretend we're brian o conner. I dont give a fuck if you want to street race, just dont block roads to do it. Traffic here already sucks enough as it is.
>>
>>15297649
Are you Beetle?
>>
File: 1980 MGB LE front by SC400.jpg (1 MB, 4285x2846) Image search: [Google]
1980 MGB LE front by SC400.jpg
1 MB, 4285x2846
>>15297695
No.
>>
File: 24.jpg (3 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
3 MB, 4032x3024
>help friend wash new 16 wrx
>go for a drive following him
>asian lady doesn't know how to drive
>doesn't stay in lane for double turn
>she destroys his left side doors and forced him to curb check back right
>when we stop she cannot comprehend how she hit him
>we both explained it's a double left like 3 times
>cops come and get info and stuff
>cop has to draw a diagram to explain to her how to take a double left
>of course it's one of the few times I don't use dashcam

rip
>>
>>15297741
fuck man. I hope she at least had insurance
>>
>>15297416
It prompted me to join at the beginning, I don't know.
>>
>>15297741
This genuinely made me mad. Her insurance should cover it though, right?
>>
>>15297741
that sucks but it'll buff out
>>
>>15296561
its my familia's gas station
>>
>>15297889
>tfw no free gas
>>
File: 54.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>15297885
>>15297782
>>15297835
it was a 16 porsche cayenne and he got all her info. apparently it's some shitty insurance we've never heard of. I hope he gets it all sorted out
>>
If someone else causes an accident can their insurance total your vehicle or can you force them to fix it regardless of what they want?
>>
>>15297904
of course, it had to have been an x6, cayenne, or some other luxury suv. People like her buy them so that when they crash, which they will inevitably do, everybody in their path will die, but they will stay safe.
>>
>>15297486
>It's so fun to launch Roman candles while behind the wheel
>Look this summer fag wanna speed
???
>>
>>15297741
I have similar damage to my passenger side with a quote of 525 to fix it
>>
>>15298021
>$525

Sometimes it's liberating to have a car you don't care about. Makes me appreciate my beater.
>>
>>15296561
>that whole post

and all you absorbed was 'infinite gas'
>>
>>15298109
It's the only part I cared about.

I want infinite gas.
>>
>Tacoma can get us crew discounts on clearcoat
>GS can get us crew discounts on gas
>Dracula can get us crew discounts on corpses

Seems like we have a system going.
>>
>clear coat discounts

go on
>>
>>15298126
>>Dracula can get us crew discounts on corpses
>tfw unlimited access to the HOV lanes
>>
So uh, anyone here good at bodywork?
>>
>>15298150
Yea I've been working out for a while, usually focus on my gluteus maximus muscle group.
>>
>>15298150
I do a lot of autodetailing stuff, haven't given a shot at painting or fixing bodywork.
>>
>>15298150
I welded a small floor plate onto my e30 and forgot to clean the underside rubber stuff off which caught on fire.
close enough

>>15298169
squat life?
>>
>>15298206
You know it, gloots for the sloots
>>
>>15298169
>>15298206
>>15298199

I ask because I have a fairly large dent where my driver door meets my front quarterpanel along with some paint damage and I know nothing about fixing that type of thing. My paint is already faded pretty bad so IDK about repainting it but I would like to fix the dents if possible
>>
>>15298199

I can make dull paint shiny
And I can do a dull amateur paint job

in theory I should be able to lay down some shiny paint
>>
File: got-s4e7-mountain-810x415[1].jpg (37 KB, 810x415) Image search: [Google]
got-s4e7-mountain-810x415[1].jpg
37 KB, 810x415
GoT tonight boys
>>
>>15298344
clegane bowl pls
>>
>>15298372
We shall find out pretty soon!

Also, Hound and Arya porno when?
>>
>>15298146
>Driven a hearse in a HOV lane
>Wanted to get pulled over to fight the ticket
>Wanted to ask where it says person must be LIVING

>>15298150
I could use a body guy, too. I want to plasti-dip the roof on the Imperial and do a quick gloss black on the body.
>>
>>15298344
Ramsay Bolton gets eaten by his dogs.
>>
>>15298439
>I could use a body guy
You ARE the body guy
>>
>>15298439
I have plastidipped my wheels and I highly recommend you cut to the chase and paint it flat black. Saves the headache of removing plastidip
>>
>>15298439
>Dracula will never show up to a meet in a hearse
>>
>>15298779
I bet he will.
>>
>>15298150
what kind of body work? I know of shops
>>
>>15298448
My hounds are loyal to me.
>>
>>15295762

im down, i dont know shit about wrenching but i want to learn
>>
File: wv_pythonsnakeskin2_tts.jpg (244 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
wv_pythonsnakeskin2_tts.jpg
244 KB, 1000x563
>>15298439
bruh go total cheese with the decorating. Snakeskin vinyl top and crushed velvet interior.
>>
>>15299416
>TipTopSigns.com
Please don't tell me that is real
>>
>>15299342
Just need someone to pitch in $400. Or enough people to collectively pitch in such that it totals $400.
>>
>>15299434
A goal which could be made if everyone pitched in $16.
>>
Can i get some opinions on these cars, im not sure if that honda is too good to be true
GTI
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5608435669.html
Honda
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5614314257.html
GTI
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5622569057.html
Geo
http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5643335676.html
>>
>>15299433
>Turn your vehicle into an exotic beast with this unique gloss python snake skin wrap vinyl. This unique product is made of UV resistant vinyl that features a textured finish.

>textured finish
>TEXTURED FINISH
a) Thats fucking ridiculous and retarded
b) WHERE ARE MY BIG 3D ANIME TIDDIES THIS MUST BE THE NEXT STEP IN WEEB SLAP EVOLUTION
>>
>>15299528
$2,100 for an okay Civic doesn't seem unbelievable.

Kind of want that Geo, though. Or at least to see it at the meets or cruising in formation.
>>
>>15299546
i was going to buy one that was selling for 800, ran out of money and it was sold.
>>
>>15299552
I may have been eyeing the same one you were. Fucking Metros, man.
>>
>>15299562
i like them, i want a cheap one so im not afraid of doing shit on it, if it breaks it breaks
>>
>>15299533
Speaking of anime, there is an "Anime Slaps" event going on. It's at clay and gessner, I don't know what the fuck that is or even anyone has been there before. All I know is that they do vinyls and whole wraps of anime on vehicles. It's on Saturday, I'm thinking to pass that place or not.
>>
Houston anon here. I've never seen this thread or meet before. Is there any requirements? been reading this thread. Sold my 350z and currently only have two projects that may or may not be ready by next meet. Are yall friendly towards trucks?
>>
>>15299647
>I've never seen this thread or meet before

I guess you haven't been browsing /o/ for the past half year?

>Is there any requirements?

1) Don't be a dick, 2) install Zello.

>Are yall friendly towards trucks?

We're open to everything.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (466 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
466 KB, 1080x608
>>15299661
I have, i must have missed it. I come here maybe once a week or so. I'm not a dick. Checking zello now. I could get one project done by next meet I'm hoping, but either way, tis going to be from 0 miles and need some break in.
>>
>>15299704
Well there was a gap of no activity between February and April, so it may not be your fault.

What are the two projects?
>>
File: 20160.jpg (569 KB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
20160.jpg
569 KB, 1080x608
>>15299750
Well my main focus right now is an 2005 silverado that has been bored 130 over to 5.7l. new heads, camp cam, flat top pistons, msd plugs/wires. k&n cold air intake, obx wrapped longtube headers w/ true dual. blackbear custom tune. Trying to finish up the 4l60e, kolean steals, raybestos frictions, circle D torque converter 3k stall. transgo shift kit, corvett servero and 4th gear super hold, lots of sonnax parts. I'm haveing reoccuing leakge at pump seal. This will be the 4th time ive pulled the tranny in past month. Taking it to a transmission dyno this week to figure it out once and for all (hopefully).

I also have a 77 gmc jimmy with a 6.6l 400 sbc.

and a 1978 volkswagen transporter campmobile westfalia. (the hippy bus with the pop up top) both of which are close to derivable.
>>
Does anyone here have a lift, engine hoist, engine stand, et cetera?
>>
>>15299802
Ooooo, get the Hippymobile up and running. It'll fit in well with our MGB and our Imperial.
>>
>>15294722
Isn't the thrill of driving enough?

If you are in it to be recognized and seek attention then you are in it for the wrong reasons, IMO. If you look at what the guys in the Midnight Club (probably the most infamous driving club in the world) did, they had a strict rule of anonymity and this could only be broken voluntarily by a person in the club if they wanted their information shared of their own free will. They did this for their own protection and the protection of the club.

If you are seeking attention from this then you not only are putting yourself at risk, but every other person in the club. And there isn't anything "cool" about getting thrown in jail for reckless driving or having your license suspended.

That's my opinion.
>>
>>15300008
I think you took that comment entirely too seriously. I believe it was more about the "living" part, and being "seen" as in just being out there. Not a popularity contest or anything.
>>
>>15299528

The gtis are gonna be money pits. If the owners didn't keep up with maintenance.

Also at that milage, doing chains is critikal
>>
>>15299906
I still have my lift. Just need a little chain or balancer so it can have something to hook onto
>>
>>15299434
If the car looks good as it does in the picture I may want to go thirds with you and drac or go halfsies with drac on the last 400>>15299442
>>
Hey guys, I'm about to order some brake parts. Anyone have any recommendations? I know GS was taking about Power Stop, iirc. My rotors are fine to just be turned, and really all I need is new pads and sensors, but i'm open to any suggestions whether it's for a kit or just a full set of pads.
My pads, although sufficient, were already degrading before the meet and are now noticeably less effective (those 15mph turns after long straights doe).
>>
Crosstour lives and no she was not a trap you assholes.

>>15301108
Check out EBC's pads, I have the yellow ones on front and back and they stop on a dime.
>>
>>15301204

What happened to y'all at the meet
>>
>>15301216
I didn't really have a scope on how long it would take to do that run and we were going to Comicpalooza the following morning, so we made it almost to Montgomery before deciding to turn back. We still had a blast at the meet and next time will hopefully be able to stick in a group longer.
>>
File: 1457104721620.jpg (41 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
1457104721620.jpg
41 KB, 640x359
>>15301239
you get your dick wet boy
>>
>>15301204
Kek, you should have stayed for the run desu

>>15301108
As >>15301204 said, EBC's are pretty good from what I hear. Many people recommend them, personally I just go with OEM since they bite perfectly with my stock rotors than aftermarket ones.. so I guess my opinion doesn't matter much
>>
File: Mmmhmmmm.jpg (42 KB, 625x469) Image search: [Google]
Mmmhmmmm.jpg
42 KB, 625x469
>>15301245
Yea boi
>>15301257
I would have, but on top of getting up early we had a cosplays to make.
>>15301108
If you do end up getting rotors as well, look up Brake Performance. I got some slotted ones from them and they have been great. Just dont fall for the black zinc coated ones, the color fades apparently after a couple days of braking.
>>
File: IMAG0270.jpg (467 KB, 1024x575) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0270.jpg
467 KB, 1024x575
>>15298126
lmao i dont really have the hook up on all the clear coat i make
>tfw clear on tacoma

anyways someone up above was talking about knowing who is at the back of the pack. i pretty much did that at the last meet. always bringing up the rear, although i dont like the term caboose, how bout overwatch?
anyways i never thought about it but thats a very useful position to utilize

also i really wanted to pull an rx8 on friday but kept talking myself out of it
>>
>>15301425
"Rear guard" or "rear detachment" would be a better term I think. If we use detachment it could then be shortened to "rear d".
>>
>>15299079

Dent pulling, perhaps repainting, but repainting is fucking expensive.

I'm just tired of one entire side of my civic looking like shit
>>
I think live streaming us a good idea when everyone has license plates that can be used against us. Pictures are fine but video can be evidence
>>
**not a good idea** damn phone
>>
>>15301656
>>15301661

I agree. I'm not fucking with that shit. I drive too fast as is.
>>
>>15301239
>I didn't really have a scope on how long it would take to do that run

But we said like 10 times how long it would take.
>>
>>15301204
Now we just need confirmation that Beetle didn't quit.

Also, if she wasn't the trap, who the fuck was? All this hype, and no one was passable.
>>
>>15301769

It was black s2000
>>
>>15302026
Those feminine beefsticks of arms.
>>
File: Untitled.png (4 MB, 1868x1952) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
4 MB, 1868x1952
>>15302116

it was me
>>
>>15302164
That thick pube forest of a beard.
>>
>>15302164
only normal looking one there, gj man
>>
>>15302192
>praising normalcy

I think you're on the wrong site.
>>
>>15302180

do you wanna feel it? It's soft and cozy and well groomed.

you can touch it twice if you wanna
>>
>>15302198
kinda rare on this website, more common here compared to other boards
>>
>>15302275
Well the prerequisites of these type of meets generally bring out only the best.

By default you need 1) a car, and 2) a willingness to meet people.
>>
File: CAM000983.jpg (521 KB, 1080x801) Image search: [Google]
CAM000983.jpg
521 KB, 1080x801
>>15299919
Might be doable, going to have the block line bored this week. and can put the engine in in about the time it takes to smoke a cigarette :P
>>
>>15302299
Damn, looks clean, ese. I don't know shit about mechanics, but I know at least I and a few others would be willing to help you wrench.
>>
File: CAM00187222.jpg (416 KB, 1080x287) Image search: [Google]
CAM00187222.jpg
416 KB, 1080x287
>>15302310
Thanks, a buddy and I did the body work ourselves, so its not exactly show quality, but for a first serious job (and considering what it looked like before) I think we did alright. The engine and tranny I can do, its the interior thats killing me. I don't know shit about upholstery or woodwork...so inside its just metal and the two front seats. lol

That's the Z that I sold fairly recently to pay for the engine in my truck
>>
>>15302299
>Heavypile
fuck yeah man
>>
>>15302330
Goddamn that bus is high off the ground.

It looks like it'll tip over the first time you make a turn.
>>
>>15302364
hahah yeah. That's stock too. It normally not so noticable because the fucking propane tank sits there right in the middle lol
>>
guys

i'm thinking about building a drift car

thoughts?

was thinking a nissan or an old BMW or something cheap along those lines
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.